merriman out indefinitely

JPCinTULLY

What a joke. How does this guy pass a physical if his Achilles can be strained after 15 minutes of practice? Maybe in his downtime, he can collaborate on a new rap song with Maybin, since neither will be playing again this season (I predict)

I don't think a physical is meant to reveal every potential problem. You'd think they tested his Achilles but on the other hand you don't run a guy so ragged he pops it. I don't think the team doctors have ESP.

PTR

sorry if already posted just saw it on the espn ticker

Just another head scratcher move from this clueless front office and organization. Why didn't they just give that million and a half or whatever they are paying him to charity? He has already said he wasn't going to be in Buffalo next year no matter what the outcome of this season is.

Just another head scratcher move from this clueless front office and organization. Why didn't they just give that million and a half or whatever they are paying him to charity? He has already said he wasn't going to be in Buffalo next year no matter what the outcome of this season is.

clueless how? they needed help at OLB and they claimed him. it was the right thing to do. and merriman has not said he wasn't resigning. the media has said that. and if he did leave there could be a comp pick for the trouble. there was no downside to signing merriman except to have to hear the whining of some fans.

you forgot possible huge reward

maybe odds along the line of hitting a slot machine jackpot but still i concur bfd. now come on double double diamonds

Very true. I did leave that out, but am glad you pointed it out. It kills me that the nattering nabobs of negativity want to make everything sound like it was a bad idea... even though many of them are the same ones who complain that Nix "isn't doing anything to improve the team."