A Few Thoughts About The Game

!) Make no effing mistake. I will B word and moan until the cows come home about the Bills, but today I am particularly proud to be a Bills Fan. They gave it all they had and I appreciate this.

2) Whitner fans/apologists....come out come out wherever you are!!! He gave up 3 TDs, dropped a pick six, and sucked against the run. Let me make myself clear.....he is a suited up Aaron Maybin. Donte Whitner sucks. Yes, he sucks a$$. I am officially calling for him to be cut after this game. I actually care more about Mr. Wilson being rich than I care about carrying this piece of schitt on our beloved football team. There is no turning back. Donte Whitner is a bag of schitt and once again, he sucks.

3) I was looking forward to this comment the most.....Demetrius Bell played well today. I always thought he got too much slack on this board, but today he played his position quite well. I focused on him specifically on every single play, and he held up. He did his job, and if he can improve (which he will need to), he will give us the opportunity to go QB and RT with early picks, which is how teams win football games. In any event, I have been VERY tough on Bell, and he did a great job today. I will continue to watch. :thumbsup:

4) Hats off to Fitz and Evans. Seriously, they really connected.

5) I am not a big fan of Stevie Johnson, but he too had a great game. If he can develop better hands (after all, he is a possession receiver), he will catch TDs.

6) Kelsay was killing me today, but I am GLAD they extended his sorry ass if it came down to him or Whitner. Yeah....I said this too.

7) The difference at RT was huge. Effing HUGE!!!!!

8) Spiller? He is talented but he was a complete waste of a #9.

9) Gailey? He, despite the record, is 1000% better than Dickie Jauron imo, and I also prefer Nix over Levy fwiw.

10) Bills Fans are the greatest fans of any team in any sport.

11) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are right about donte, i didnt really watch him as i focused exclusively on Kelsay WHO IS A BIGGER PIECE OF SCHITT!

kelsay might as well be a 10 year old girl, he would have the same effect.

howard was a big difference maker today.

you are wrong about.....

SPILLER- who got few carries but is a gamebreaker, you see now w johnson,with some touches they both will show there skills

um oh ya johnson has i think one drop and 5 td's so what are you talking about?

Edited by loserlovers

I want to see more.....but todays game (and the previous 2) have been moving me off my stance that the number one pick has to be a QB. If its Luck then its a tough decision....but the fact is our offense is putting up points and Fitz just came off a almost 400 yard and 4 touchdown effort (and I think you are downplaying that a little bit..I know you said hats off but he is playing a little better then that)

Overall I think it is just that it is took a little bit of time for our offense to get its act together and now the addition of Chan gailey the concept of his system making average QB's look good is coming to fruition. Our defense simply cant stop anybody. I think we might be better served going with what we have at QB and going draft heavy on defense specifically DL and LB.....we simply dont have the linebackers to play this defense and at this point I would rather see Carrington then Stroud.

Stevie Johnson is playing very well.....Terrel Owens drops balls as well but that didnt stop people from calling him a star. Its amazing how offensive line play, a legit 2nd option, and a QB willing to chuck it picked up Lee Evans production.

I was just extremely proud of this team today.....I am NOT a Whitner fan but if we cannot get pressure on the QB this is gonna happen....are there any bruce smith's in this draft?

The thing that impresses me the most is that we had this kind of offensive production against one of the top defenses in the league, on the road. Seriously, did anyone think we could make the Ravens defense look so bad in their own stadium? This is the Bills offense we're talking about.

!) Make no effing mistake. I will B word and moan until the cows come home about the Bills, but today I am particularly proud to be a Bills Fan. They gave it all they had and I appreciate this.

2) Whitner fans/apologists....come out come out wherever you are!!! He gave up 3 TDs, dropped a pick six, and sucked against the run. Let me make myself clear.....he is a suited up Aaron Maybin. Donte Whitner sucks. Yes, he sucks a$$. I am officially calling for him to be cut after this game. I actually care more about Mr. Wilson being rich than I care about carrying this piece of schitt on our beloved football team. There is no turning back. Donte Whitner is a bag of schitt and once again, he sucks.

3) I was looking forward to this comment the most.....Demetrius Bell played well today. I always thought he got too much slack on this board, but today he played his position quite well. I focused on him specifically on every single play, and he held up. He did his job, and if he can improve (which he will need to), he will give us the opportunity to go QB and RT with early picks, which is how teams win football games. In any event, I have been VERY tough on Bell, and he did a great job today. I will continue to watch. :thumbsup:

4) Hats off to Fitz and Evans. Seriously, they really connected.

5) I am not a big fan of Stevie Johnson, but he too had a great game. If he can develop better hands (after all, he is a possession receiver), he will catch TDs.

6) Kelsay was killing me today, but I am GLAD they extended his sorry ass if it came down to him or Whitner. Yeah....I said this too.

7) The difference at RT was huge. Effing HUGE!!!!!

8) Spiller? He is talented but he was a complete waste of a #9.

9) Gailey? He, despite the record, is 1000% better than Dickie Jauron imo, and I also prefer Nix over Levy fwiw.

10) Bills Fans are the greatest fans of any team in any sport.

11) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like you have been gone all season?

Welcome back and right on.

I don't hate Whitner like you do but i I really wish he would stop talking and tweeting and focus on play better.

Edited by Bob in STL

Seems like you have been gone all season?

Welcome back and right on.

I don't hate Whitner like you do but i I really wish he would stop talking and tweeting and focus on play better.

Actually, especially early in the game I thought Whitner had some strong plays. Some tackles where he actually WRAPPED UP

and some hustle to get in there and break up a couple of passes.

I do join you in wishing that he would tweet less and focus on playing better football

Actually, especially early in the game I thought Whitner had some strong plays. Some tackles where he actually WRAPPED UP

and some hustle to get in there and break up a couple of passes.

I do join you in wishing that he would tweet less and focus on playing better football

Whitner was awful, and he clearly cost us this game. He was as bad as it gets out there today, and I'm not sure that he would even be fit for special teams. He needs to go, and soon.

I want to see more.....but todays game (and the previous 2) have been moving me off my stance that the number one pick has to be a QB. If its Luck then its a tough decision....but the fact is our offense is putting up points and Fitz just came off a almost 400 yard and 4 touchdown effort (and I think you are downplaying that a little bit..I know you said hats off but he is playing a little better then that)

Overall I think it is just that it is took a little bit of time for our offense to get its act together and now the addition of Chan gailey the concept of his system making average QB's look good is coming to fruition. Our defense simply cant stop anybody. I think we might be better served going with what we have at QB and going draft heavy on defense specifically DL and LB.....we simply dont have the linebackers to play this defense and at this point I would rather see Carrington then Stroud.

Stevie Johnson is playing very well.....Terrel Owens drops balls as well but that didnt stop people from calling him a star. Its amazing how offensive line play, a legit 2nd option, and a QB willing to chuck it picked up Lee Evans production.

I was just extremely proud of this team today.....I am NOT a Whitner fan but if we cannot get pressure on the QB this is gonna happen....are there any bruce smith's in this draft?

No doubt, this team needs a pass rusher with the #1 pick.

There will still be bad days ahead, but Bell will continue to improve. He's still very new to this game.

There will still be bad days ahead, but Bell will continue to improve. He's still very new to this game.

I keep hearing this from people....when exactly are you projecting these bad days to be? He has not lost a game battle yet this year and just took one of the best pass rushers in the league out of this game.....Suggs is a BEAST and he didn't get anywhere near Fitz all day.

I could live with this kind of play if this is as good as he got....if he gets better then he should be in the pro bowl.

I don't understand how anyone can defend Whitner at this point. As a Bills fan, doesn't it gall you to see him chasing after open TEs like on Heap TD? What about taking bad angles in run support? How many first downs and TDs will you accept if he has one or two plays a game where he "wraps up" or makes good contact?

For most fans the progression has been:

(1) Screw you for calling him a reach national media! I trust our front office. To:

(2) Okay, maybe he wasn't worth the #8 overall pick, but it's not his fault he was drafted too high. Cut him some slack. To:

(3) He's worse than a converted Wide Receiver. I might have to reassess.

His lack of production speaks for itself, but when you see the big plays he surrenders you realize it's actually much worse than that.

I keep hearing this from people....when exactly are you projecting these bad days to be? He has not lost a game battle yet this year and just took one of the best pass rushers in the league out of this game.....Suggs is a BEAST and he didn't get anywhere near Fitz all day.

I could live with this kind of play if this is as good as he got....if he gets better then he should be in the pro bowl.

I thought he played poorly against GB, but I'm not really disagreeing with you. I think he will continue to get better.

I never thought much of Gailey, but when I went to the Jags game and seen how he gets on the guys for not doing what they need to and getting on the refs and seeing coaches have to hold him back, I loved it. I think we did find our coach! But one thing does bother me, why don't we use spiller? That confuses me.....

Some fans are expecting (not wishing) the Bell implosion since the year started and no matter how much they wait it won't happen. Even when he struggled last year you could see the guy was talented. It was just a matter of time, he was a total project when he was drafted.

He will never be Joe Thomas or Jake Long but the guy keeps getting better with every snap.

Bell and Howard could end-up being very good OT's for the Bills. Then again, I thought that Levitre and Wood would improve over last year, and with the possible exception of today (couldn't see most of the game), it looks like they haven't.

Whitner was awful, and he clearly cost us this game. He was as bad as it gets out there today, and I'm not sure that he would even be fit for special teams. He needs to go, and soon.

Sorry Bill, I know you've got a hard on for Whitner but Byrd was just as bad in this game, maybe even worse. Just abysmal in pass coverage. Abysmal in his run defense...sadly I'm not too sure either of these guys fit in the 3-4...

I thought he played poorly against GB, but I'm not really disagreeing with you. I think he will continue to get better.

When he was going against Green Bay's stud LB from USC he was nuetralizing him.......Bell was in and out of the lineup in that game cuz the Bills were bringing him along slowly.

Some fans are expecting (not wishing) the Bell implosion since the year started and no matter how much they wait it won't happen. Even when he struggled last year you could see the guy was talented. It was just a matter of time, he was a total project when he was drafted.

He will never be Joe Thomas or Jake Long but the guy keeps getting better with every snap.

That is pretty high standards to judge him against but I also dont know what his ceiling is gonna be....I think he is already better then a certain LT we traded to the Eagles.

I know Im gonna get creamed for saying that.....but yes I think D. Bell right now is a better left tackle then Jason Peters.

Got to hand it to the offensive coaches for cleaning things up during the bye week. Linemen were actually moving their feet and giving up ground to maintain their pass protection. Pocket was narrower but intact. Previously, seems like the o-linemen stopped moving their feet when they made contact with defensive player. Didn't seem like too many missed assignments/penalties either.

Almost mid-season and things are coming together nicely on offense. If George Edwards stops changing their defensive systems perhaps the defense will improve also. I took hope from the fact that they made some important stops late in the game.

Careful. Joe Thomas has made his share of mistakes this year, let's judge Bell after he tops out.