A Few Thoughts About The Game

11) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see your Thoughts back. I few comments:

- I could not watch the entire game but whatever little I saw, made me think that Whitner is not playing like a high first rounder. If the mistakes were indeed him alone, I wouldn't be surprised to see the coaching staff make a stand and bench him for a game or two

- Maybin seems to be in the dog house and will need to do a lot to emerge out of it

- Man it feels good to see a functional offense. Its been a while

- I like the fact that Fitz is aggressive. Sure he makes mistakes sometimes but I will take it

- Depends on how Fitz plays the rest of the year will ofcourse determine draft strategy. But I sure hope the FO does not stubbornly stick to their BPA philosophy. Having said that, if they believe one of the top QB prospects is indeed a franchise-worthy choice, they should take him. Let him sit a couple of years behind Fitz and then we have the luxury of trading one away. If such a QB is not available, go RT, LB or DE

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone missing Schoebel yet? The Bills are barely playing 3-4 anymore (as has been documented) and the rest of the personnel are the same. I never gave him his fair due but man do we miss him this season.

Edited by Peace

It's all about defense. We need to use our picks on the D-line and linebackers. We had zero pass rush yesterday and the long ball killed us. Don't be too hard on Wood. It takes a solid 12-18 months to recover from that type of injury. He is good. I still have tears in my eyes. We deserved to win that game.

Good to see your Thoughts back. I few comments:

Having said that, if they believe one of the top QB prospects is indeed a franchise-worthy choice, they should take him. Let him sit a couple of years behind Fitz and then we have the luxury of trading one away. If such a QB is not available, go RT, LB or DE

Thanks old friend! :)

I completely agree about a franchise QB. My choice is Ryan Mallett. I should know better (in terms of talent being an end all for QBs), but I have not seen a player with his set of skills in years, if ever.

As far as drafting a RT, I would use caution. We did this with Mike Williams, and it was an abysmal failure. Generally, a RT is someone who isn't agile enough to play LT. If you click on a RT and get a Bob Brown or Erik Williams, great. But generally speaking, RTs don't go early.

The Bills showed a lot of improvement in many areas yesterday, but the skeptic in me thinks they will still be drafting in the top 5. A pure RT would be great in round 2, but not as early as I see us heading in round 1.

Jmo.

8) Spiller? He is talented but he was a complete waste of a #9

Not a waste in my book.

I think it was a very good pick to start rebuilding this team. A player like Spiller only happens every few years. I am waiting to see them use him at wide reciver several times in a game.

Who was covering Todd Heap?

Do you think lack of covering Todd Heap, by itself, clearly cost us the game?

Heap caught 2 TD for 14 points (generous). He caught 3 of 16 completions.

Ravens scored 37 points, point fingers for the other 23?

Don't get me wrong, not saying Whitner's a star, saying he clearly cost us the game seems way overblown.

The Bills cumulative sins of omission and commision, as a team, clearly cost us the game.