John McCargo, next to go

SKRAAPY

Thanks go out to Marv Levy, for giving up a high 2nd and a high 3rd and trading back into the first round to acquire a player who was the 3rd best defensive lineman on his collegiate team. In doing so, the team justified passing on Ngata.

Why wasn't he cut 2 or 3 years ago? He's barely seen the field, yet he has comfortably collected the entirety of his first round contract.

I don't like this idea. I would rather see us trade big big Marcus Stroud for a decent pick and have Carrington, Johnson, and McCargo as reserves. Just my opinion.

The Houston Texans could use Stroud. They're trying to win now, and their DT's are fairly weak.

Same in Chicago. Their DT's are not good. Send him over there. Stroud and our 5th for Chicago's 3rd.

Edited by Got_Wood

Levy may go down as THE worst GM this team has ever had. I'd say he's already earned the title.

Man, that 2006 draft was one of the most frustrating events I've ever watched. Haloti Ngata falls into our lap, and we take Whitner. Then we trade up for McCargo and everyone has no idea what to say about it. Unbelievable.

Edited by Got_Wood

Man, that 2006 draft was one of the most frustrating events I've ever watched. Haloti Ngata falls into our lap, and we take Whitner. Then we trade up for McCargo and everyone has no idea what to say about it. Unbelievable.

And yet, the Polyanna line on that draft was:

"YOU CAN'T JUDGE A DRAFT IN ONE YEAR!! GIVE THEM TIME! MARV KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING!!"

How anyone, ANYONE with half a brain can't make the assumption that everything this club does will end in unmitigated disaster is beyond me.

Levy may go down as THE worst GM this team has ever had. I'd say he's already earned the title.

He was awful beyond description. I am talking about completely clueless. Smart man, nice guy, I respect him, blah blah blah blah blah, but he wasn't really a great football coach imo, and was as bad as it could possibly get as a GM.

Sorry if this offends Levy loyalists.

Thanks go out to Marv Levy, for giving up a high 2nd and a high 3rd and trading back into the first round to acquire a player who was the 3rd best defensive lineman on his collegiate team. In doing so, the team justified passing on Ngata.

Why wasn't he cut 2 or 3 years ago? He's barely seen the field, yet he has comfortably collected the entirety of his first round contract.

because we finally have a GM who is purging this team of people who don't want to win and who aren't talented... GO BUDDY!

And yet, the Polyanna line on that draft was:

"YOU CAN'T JUDGE A DRAFT IN ONE YEAR!! GIVE THEM TIME! MARV KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING!!"

How anyone, ANYONE with half a brain can't make the assumption that everything this club does will end in unmitigated disaster is beyond me.

And they keep saying the same things now. As though anything's changed. The Nix/Gailey hirings were a national joke. "But wait, you'll see, they'll prove everyone wrong. If Jauron could win 6-7 games with this crew, how could Gailey not win 8?" Oops, that's since turned into, "Don't worry, this is a rebuilding year. The cupboard was bare," which has further degraded into, "No one could win with these bums! Don't worry, this is an evaluation year. Next year they'll start building a contender. Right now they're just seeing who can play and who can't."

We were ridiculed for the Spiller pick when we already had 2 good backs on the team. "Just wait, you'll see how much of a gamebreaker he is. Plus, Gailey is going to run the ball 35-40 times a game, so we need all 3 backs. There were no QBs or OTs worth the pick. They had to get a guy who could come in and make an impact right away." Oops, that one got revised, too.

Just think, we could've got another 4th rd draft pick in exchange for McCargo, but he wasn't able to pass the physical in IND. Marshawn goes for a 4th and McCargo goes for a 4th... yep, sounds like fair value to me :blink:

He was awful beyond description. I am talking about completely clueless. Smart man, nice guy, I respect him, blah blah blah blah blah, but he wasn't really a great football coach imo, and was as bad as it could possibly get as a GM.

Sorry if this offends Levy loyalists.

As a Levy loyalist, I've forced myself to conclude that Marv had no actual authority, and all coaching and personnel decisions were made by Russ Brandon and Dick Jauron, while Marv cashed his paycheck and thought about golf all day from his office. Also, I've concluded that the Levy we hired in 2006 was an imposter.

It's taking a lot of mental gymnastics, staying a Marv loyalist.

John McCargo, next to go

Cornell Green, never to be seen

Trent Edwards, now moves the jax backwards

Marshawn Lynch, trade made us crinch

Jamon Meredith, out of bandwith

Buddy Nix, Bills no longer selling out tix

James Hardy, removed from the party

Edited by bladiebla

McCargo has had 5 years and hasn't done squat ! Ship him out and get rid of the dead weight ! More and more I think Chan Gailey job this year is to get rid of the bad players and trim the fat from the roster, and finish last in the NFL !

Ding Ding Ding!

We have a winner

His contract is up at the end of the season anyways...who cares are we really gonna find a betetr player right now???

Uh a sac of used jock straps would see the field more then John McCargo, so yeah, we can find someone better. There are veteran D ends available who have actually played in a 3-4 defense out there looking for work. The Jets just claimed Trevor Pryce off of waivers. You don't think that he could have done a better job then McCargo?

His contract is up at the end of the season anyways...who cares are we really gonna find a betetr player right now???

Probably will not find a better player but there is a recent trend with the Bills transactions lately:

Anderson added to the practice squad then Marshawn traded and Anderson added to active roster.

Wrotto added to practice squad Meredith cut Wrotto added to active roster.

Bills practice squad addition today? Ra'Shon Harris DE!

And no McCargo on depth chart at NFL.COM