Levi Brown signed

K Gun Special

Pretty sure this was expected by most people. Anyone who thought we would go out and sign some star, get real, usually your third string QB is a rookie or first year player that can be developed. Since Brown already knows the system, it was a no brainer.

I m !@#$in done. What bs. They can't find one other god dam player better than levi !@#$in brown to help this team????? Total bush league. The NFL should seize control of this franchise. Seriously any other corp would have a vote of no confidence and put the corp in a third party's control.

Let me know what happens with the draft.

Thank God, it was about time, good luck buddy.

If Nix/Gaily did not think Levi Brown was good enough to keep on the practice squad, why do they suddenly think he is good enough to put on the active roster?

Weren't there better options out there on other teams' practice squads or free agents? Troy Smith is a name that intrigues me, but there must have been other options too.

I'm still having a tough time figuring out the thinking of Nix and Chan. Very confused and frustrated with this organization.

They wanted him on the PS. Levi refused.

They wanted him on the PS. Levi refused.

If there's any truth to this I don't really want him on my team.

Why does every post about a signing have to start out with these two post? :unsure:

I posted that as a joke, mostly to head off comments such as these:

I m !@#$in done. What bs. They can't find one other god dam player better than levi !@#$in brown to help this team????? Total bush league. The NFL should seize control of this franchise. Seriously any other corp would have a vote of no confidence and put the corp in a third party's control.

Let me know what happens with the draft.

If Nix/Gaily did not think Levi Brown was good enough to keep on the practice squad, why do they suddenly think he is good enough to put on the active roster?

Weren't there better options out there on other teams' practice squads or free agents? Troy Smith is a name that intrigues me, but there must have been other options too.

I'm still having a tough time figuring out the thinking of Nix and Chan. Very confused and frustrated with this organization.

I also don't understand why they didn't put him on the PS in the first place(at the start of the season). I realize we had 3 QB's already but none are very impressive, so if CG really liked Brown why not put him on the PS just in case? He'd have been learning the offense better instead of sitting around and trying out for other teams.

I support how they handled Trent, they had to give him one last chance and they quickly cut bait, but I'm not too impressed with their actions concerning Levi.

Edited by GaryPinC

Who was out there that was better? Seriously. How many pro bowl QBs are hanging around right now?

PTR

How about just about any WR, LB, or RT??? They could have added Brown to the PS if they wanted a third arm to run the scout team.

Pretty sure this was expected by most people. Anyone who thought we would go out and sign some star, get real, usually your third string QB is a rookie or first year player that can be developed. Since Brown already knows the system, it was a no brainer.

Why does this team need three QB's? Isn't Brohm bad enough to need developing? They need massive upgrades at multiple other positions. Take a flyer on a WR or RT sitting on someone's PS that you may have like before the draft. If one of the QB's gets hurt Brown would have still been there to sign at a later date.

PS

Shouldn't it be a clue that no other team wanted him for even their practice squads either? In Buffalo that apparently is a prerequisite to making the team as a QB... ie. see Brian Brohm's resume to date...

and we know you tried out after we cut you and no one wanted you ........but youre good enough for us!

Those familiar with the NFL know this sort of thing happens all the time with every team, and don't try and use it as another "Bills are the only team in the NFL that does this type of thing" point...stop trying so hard...just stop please, its getting really annoying...learn how things work in the NFL before posting rubbish

That had to be one helluva awkward phone call.

"Yeah, yeah we know....that we cut you, didn't sign you to the practice squad, and all but forgot about you...but we'd *love* to have you back. What do you say?"

bull ****. "Hey kid. You want the job or not?"

Who was out there that was better? Seriously. How many pro bowl QBs are hanging around right now?

PTR

Maybe Jeff Garcia? He's playing for the Omaha Nighthawks of the UFL for cryin' out loud. Could'nt we have given him a call?

I'm sure he'd have been interested to play in the NFL again.

Maybe Jeff Garcia? He's playing for the Omaha Nighthawks of the UFL for cryin' out loud. Could'nt we have given him a call?

I'm sure he'd have been interested to play in the NFL again.

I believe that any player that signs with the UFL is prohibited leaving for the NFL till there season is complete.

the only thing i dont like how all this "edwards stuff" played out is the levi brown angle...

how was this guy not good enough for our practice squad a few weeks ago and now good enough for our 53 man roster? how much effort did the front office put in to "better" the team with this move? do they realllllly have any hope he can develop into something? if so, why didnt they at least sign him to the practice squad?

"I've said this before. I'll say it again. Fitz has been really great about helping me out" -- Levi Brown

The above quote from about the 2:30 mark of Brown's last post-game press conference in the pre-season:

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Levi-Brown-Postgame-Press-Conference/78db8052-c42f-4999-a02d-f7d5951b0781

It's interesting that Brown goes out of his way to commend Fitz for helping him out and says nothing of Trent Edwards. That's kind of telling by itself. Fitz is truly a Team guy in my opinion. Even when he was a backup, he took his role seriously I think -- truly wanting to support Edwards in any way he could as the backup, as well as the other quarterbacks.

Edited by ChasBB

when in doubt, go with the cheapest option at all times.

According to Levi he was upset that he "didn't even get a practice squad invite". Where did you hear different?

From Profootballweekly.com:

A day after releasing their opening day starting QB Trent Edwards, the Bills replaced him on the roster by signing QB Levi Brown. Originally their seventh-round pick out of Troy, Brown was cut at the end of training camp despite a solid preseason. He refused a spot on the team's practice squad, but appears to be happy to return as their No. 3 QB.

Edited by mowisc

That's definitely the only place where it's being reported that way. The National Football Post posting Levi's own words via Twitter:

"NEVER woulda guessed id be in this position right now," Brown wrote on his official Twitter account. "Not even a practice squad invite. i've now officially gone from surprised to pissed! .."

Maybe something changed after other roster moves but it was never reported. Then again, practice squad moves are usually only made public when a player has definitively been added or removed.

I read the same thing--however I have read PFW for years and generally respect what they do over there since they are one of the few sites that does not regurgitate ESPN babble.

I'm inclined to believe them as well, if for no other reason than the fact Nolan Nawrocki actually offered an opinion on an under the radar player like Levi Brown and his possible fit in Buffalo under Gailey. Evidence of actual reportage, IMHO.