Edwards Benched

5 Wide

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why did Randy Cross call out Lee Evans & the Bills WR's yesterday? Gee, let me think? I know...it's because they weren't getting open, that's why!!!

Regardless, do you think Chan is benching Trent because receivers are blanketed?

Think about that, and tell me if a fan in the stands knows more than the head coach. It's his offense, he knows who the ball should go to, when it should be delivered and if the QB did good or bad on any given play. (It's called grading a player)

I will take Chan's word for it, thanks.

One thing i havent seen mentioned that really caught my attention yesterday. During Gaileys presser he said "you cant be ok with losing, if you are we dont want ya."

In the preseason Trent said in a press conference "these press conferences get a little boring and i gotta learn to like my job more) (something to that effect)

This move is being done because Trent is ok with losing and Gailey isnt. Fitzy and thats why hell start, he doesnt take his job for granted he wants to play and wants to be a starter in the NFL He will be a better leader than trent and might even make a play or two.

Trent is the most talented QB on the roster. Hes accurate he can make all the throws and hes got a lot of expierence...thats why he started the season plan and simple he prolly does give us the best chance to win from a physical stand point. From a mental and leadership stand point he will not step up and take that role.

Kudos to Gailey for not accepting the status quo fro Trent anymore. One thing i wanted to see was some accountability from our head coach. Someone willing to make a change and admit if something isnt working.

This doesnt make our team better. I like Fitzy alot and respect him as a player but he isnt good enough to bring us to the promised land, but this move puts the whole team on notice, play hard for us every play or dont play for us

With Trents second benching in the last two years the end is here. So when will the inevitable

debate begin. Who had a better "career" as a Bill, Losman or Edwards, I know its like debating whats better a toothache or a hemmoroid but as Bills fans we somehow like doing this.

Edited by billfan63

Not sure how this is something to be excited about. Not much upside with Fitz, though I suppose he has a better chance of getting the WRs involved.

Reasons why this happened (IMO):

-Fitz sees the field way better than Edwards. Fitz is Thigpen-esque and I think Gailey recognizes that.

-Fitz makes quicker reads

-Fitz takes shots down the field

-Fitz is way more mobile (in fact, I think this might have been the biggest reason he is getting the call)

Reasons why this is nothing to get excited about:

-Fitz's accuracy is horrific.

-Look back at ANY commentary about training camp (amateur or professional) and Fitz's poor performance stuck out to everyone. The guy doesn't have the natural abilities to be a starter

-Fitz will throw more INTs than TDs by a noticeable margin

Anyways, Brohm better start looking at the playbook.

Good post. Hit the nail on the head about Fitz. Brohm...well he might make it as a career back-up.

I realize the O-line sucks but in the next draft if there is a frachise QB available you take him.

Then why did Randy Cross call out Lee Evans & the Bills WR's yesterday? Gee, let me think? I know...it's because they weren't getting open, that's why!!!

Umm, perhaps because Randy Cross worships the late Bill Walsh and Walsh said Edwards would be a great QB. I notice Randy was markedly silent when Edwards ran out of bounds on 4th and 11. Also, when he put the telestrator up to make his "point" about nobody being open, there was a receiver sitting in the middle of the field -- open.

How about responding to my actual point? Do you watch other games? Do you see the same thing I do -- namely, QBs throwing the ball to "covered" receivers because they are throwing to locations and expecting their receivers to make a play on the ball?

I thought Chan would give Edwards until the bye week but I'm happy he decided not to wait. I'd like to see Brohm in just to see what his upside is.

I'm glad he pulled the trigger NOW on Trent. It had to happen. I admire Chan for making a tough decision like this so early in the season. I was concerned he'd wait it out and then it'd be too late. This tell the team in no uncertain terms that he expects winning performances from his players and he if doesn't get that, then a guy is going to sit -- including the QB that he showed so much faith in during OTAs, training camp, and pre-season. Chan is to be admired here for making this move now instead of later.

Umm, perhaps because Randy Cross worships the late Bill Walsh and Walsh said Edwards would be a great QB. I notice Randy was markedly silent when Edwards ran out of bounds on 4th and 11. Also, when he put the telestrator up to make his "point" about nobody being open, there was a receiver sitting in the middle of the field -- open.

How about responding to my actual point? Do you watch other games? Do you see the same thing I do -- namely, QBs throwing the ball to "covered" receivers because they are throwing to locations and expecting their receivers to make a play on the ball?

I see it all the time. :)

Oh, and sometimes it goes badly and I hear the color man start blasting the QB for making a "bad decision". Like the QB has fly by wire to guide the ball when the receiver has a brain cramp and does the exact opposite of what he was supposed to do... B-)