Edwards Benched

5 Wide

Regardless, do you think Chan is benching Trent because receivers are blanketed?

Think about that, and tell me if a fan in the stands knows more than the head coach. It's his offense, he knows who the ball should go to, when it should be delivered and if the QB did good or bad on any given play. (It's called grading a player)

I will take Chan's word for it, thanks.

Chan also said it's not all Trent's fault either. So take Chan's word for it.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan understands that this is not a one year rebuilding project. He probably understands that the Bills qb of the future isn't on this roster.

So where does that leave us this year? He's got to figure out which of our receivers can play, and will figure into the Bills long-term plans. Evans? Kinda hard to do with Edwards obsessively checking down and never throwing more than 5 yards deep. Fitz may be inaccurate, but he will at least give our receivers the opportunities to show us if they can make plays in the NFL.

And what about the running game? Can you really develop it when teams can play 8 men in the box, knowing that you aren't going to throw deeper than that anyway? All backs look the same when there aren't any gaps...

IMO the move to Fitz is less about expectations of winning than it is about having some semblance of a competent (if inconsistent) offense, something capable of putting together a drive once in awhile and stretching the field enough to engage all of our offensive weapons and plays. We need to see what our skill players can do. Three-and-outs featuring panicky 2 yard dump-offs is not the answer. If you lose games taking chances, you can at least learn something about your team.

Chan understands that this is not a one year rebuilding project. He probably understands that the Bills qb of the future isn't on this roster.

So where does that leave us this year? He's got to figure out which of our receivers can play, and will figure into the Bills long-term plans. Evans? Kinda hard to do with Edwards obsessively checking down and never throwing more than 5 yards deep. Fitz may be inaccurate, but he will at least give our receivers the opportunities to show us if they can make plays in the NFL.

And what about the running game? Can you really develop it when teams can play 8 men in the box, knowing that you aren't going to throw deeper than that anyway? All backs look the same when there aren't any gaps...

IMO the move to Fitz is less about expectations of winning than it is about having some semblance of a competent (if inconsistent) offense, something capable of putting together a drive once in awhile and stretching the field enough to engage all of our offensive weapons and plays. We need to see what our skill players can do. Three-and-outs featuring panicky 2 yard dump-offs is not the answer. If you lose games taking chances, you can at least learn something about your team.

Agreed. I'd rather go 2-14 with Fitz tossing 30 INTs while trying to make a play, than go 2-14 with trent taking sacks and throwing 2 yard checkdowns all game long.

-Look back at ANY commentary about training camp (amateur or professional) and Fitz's poor performance stuck out to everyone. The guy doesn't have the natural abilities to be a starter

-Fitz will throw more INTs than TDs by a noticeable margin

Anyways, Brohm better start looking at the playbook.

Not everyone.....

Anyone wanna scoff at Daunte Culpepper suggestions anymore? How about laughing off Josh McCown? The list goes on. Any organization that starts Ryan Fitzpatrick by choice needs to get on the phone with free agents. Unless the #1 pick is the goal here (which doesn't seem too hard to believe at this point). How do people with season ticks still show up to the stadium every week?

but we basically wasted the whole off-season.

Why? How different were the off season snaps between Edwards and Fitz? How different were the first team snaps? I thought that with the open competition they had very very similar involvement until the last couple weeks.

I am a Brohm over Fitz guy for potential upside, but I know Chan wants to win right now, and thinks Fitz is better.

Trent has to be done now. He has entered JP Losman territory for better or worse, and whether it was his fault or circumstances + o-line + coaching + concussion, he has no shot now to be a successful QB for the Bills. I had my hopes that he could have a rebirth with Chan and return to where he was when we were 5-1 a couple years ago, but that didn't happen. I'm looking forward to Sunday, and who knows?

If Gailey had 6 months to see all this, why did he still make Edwards the starter. It is very baffling and Gailey is losing his credibility in that locker room. If Gailey had actually put the stamp at the beginning of the season that he has two QBs to decide then it makes sense to make the switch. However, having come out of training camp and calling Edwards as the clear winner makes Gailey look like a fool.

I wish Gailey would have gone back to finding a way to get his Running game going.

Gailey not losing any credit by benching Edwards...he gained some from the vets who know Edwards cant play. But Gailey was under orders to try Edwards one more time. And true to form Edwards flamed out.

Good news from this is Edwards wont be back next year. So maybe we draft a QB next year this time huh?? lol