Edwards Benched

5 Wide

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I think this is too soon. I am not a Trent supporter, however I think that a lot of last week was more the OLine and WR than him. I don't think Trent is the answer, but I would have given him until week 4 and remove all doubt going forward.

Sorry, just one bad game, two games into the season under the new regime seems like a coach feeling pressure move.

I'm sure Chan has had the chance to review all (meaning even from previous seasons) the film on Edwards. Starting him was a bad decision - leaving him in there would be even worse.

Remember the saying: The most popular guy in town is the backup QB.

You could see this coming, but I honestly didn't think it would be this quick. I figured Gailey might give him until the bye week, but I guess he's more impatient than I thought.

Yikes, your questioning the coaches patience? The whole sports world see's Trent for what he is, Gailey is just acting on the obvious. I think he wanted to do this after week 1. Patience was shown letting him play the entire Green Bay game.

With Edwards benched, what excuses will the WR's have for not getting open?

That Fitz can't hit the broad side of a barn?

If the news was "Brohm to start" then I'd be somewhat interested, even if Brohm performed poorly. Any move between Trent and Fitz is moot.

Edited by earthtobrint