Edwards Benched

5 Wide

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how this is something to be excited about. Not much upside with Fitz, though I suppose he has a better chance of getting the WRs involved.

Reasons why this happened (IMO):

-Fitz sees the field way better than Edwards. Fitz is Thigpen-esque and I think Gailey recognizes that.

-Fitz makes quicker reads

-Fitz takes shots down the field

-Fitz is way more mobile (in fact, I think this might have been the biggest reason he is getting the call)

Reasons why this is nothing to get excited about:

-Fitz's accuracy is horrific.

-Look back at ANY commentary about training camp (amateur or professional) and Fitz's poor performance stuck out to everyone. The guy doesn't have the natural abilities to be a starter

-Fitz will throw more INTs than TDs by a noticeable margin

Anyways, Brohm better start looking at the playbook.

Edited by Union2008

Wow. So despite a couple of years of tape and an entire offseason of hands-on work and evaluation, it takes until Week 3 for Chan to figure out that Edwards can't play.

And you know what? I don't blame Chan. I blame Edwards, who always looks great until the second the bullets start flying. He is the definition of "coach killer," and good for Chan for moving on quickly.

As for Edwards, that's it for his NFL career. Always sad when a career dies, but it happens all of the time.

Man, it just never stops! People, it does NOT MATTER who the freaking QB (or WRs) is on this team. There is no OL! If you insist on making such a big deal about the QB, then it's obvious that we need a MAJOR scrambler like Tarkenton (in his day) or even Vick. No pocket-passer in the world can succeed behind this O-line and no decent WR is going to be able to get open when the QB has about 4 seconds to throw the ball before his next concussion. All pocket-passers fail miserably without an OL.

It's not like our opponents dont know how to counter the quick-outs and the screen passes that they know we HAVE to throw to counter our non-existent OL. The only wildcard for the opposing D would be a scrambling QB who can throw on the run. We dont have one. Even a mediocre passer can get by if he has time to throw. The only reason Flutie succeeded here was his ability to scramble. We have not had an OL since the mid 90s and every QB from Bledsoe, to Losman, to Edwards has bombed here.

Time to face up to it. You cant have a functioning (notice I didn't even say good) QB without a good OL. FYI, I still think Trent sucks. However, could the games at least be more interesting if he had an extra 2-3 seconds to throw? I think they would be.

Wow. So despite a couple of years of tape and an entire offseason of hands-on work and evaluation, it takes until Week 3 for Chan to figure out that Edwards can't play.

And you know what? I don't blame Chan. I blame Edwards, who always looks great until the second the bullets start flying. He is the definition of "coach killer," and good for Chan for moving on quickly.

As for Edwards, that's it for his NFL career. Always sad when a career dies, but it happens all of the time.

so my reaction is...why does he still have a Bills uniform? Cut him, he's done for good, pick up a 3rd stringer. Levi?

Not sure how this is something to be excited about. Not much upside with Fitz, though I suppose he has a better chance of getting the WRs involved.

Reasons why this happened (IMO):

-Fitz sees the field way better than Edwards. Fitz is Thigpen-esque and I think Gailey recognizes that.

-Fitz makes quicker reads

-Fitz takes shots down the field

-Fitz is way more mobile (in fact, I think this might have been the biggest reason he is getting the call)

Reasons why this is nothing to get excited about:

-Fitz's accuracy is horrific.

-Look back at ANY commentary about training camp (amateur or professional) and Fitz's poor performance stuck out to everyone. The guy doesn't have the natural abilities to be a starter

-Fitz will throw more INTs than TDs by a noticeable margin

Anyways, Brohm better start looking at the playbook.

Fitzpatrick loves to throw to the spot on the field a yard in front of the WR. Either the WR or the DBs will have to dive to get the ball. (But at least he throws it further then 2 yards.)

Edited by nobody

Edwards is a good practice and preseason player. He just can't deal with the increase in tempo of regular season games since his concussions.