Where's all the MAYBIN defenders?

Where's all the MAYBIN supporters? Against 2nd-3rd-4th teamers he got nowhere last night. He looked too small, took bad angles again and if we were playing pig he would have a B-U-S-_ so far. Some people can tolerate his showboating but it gets obnoxious after a while. We have no pass rush unless we send a safety blitz. He was supposed to be that pass rush. Nothing I've seen from him in 2 years can explain why we took him at #11. A move to a new position, that will do it. Well, it hasn't. I don't know why he's on this team. I love Penn State but he's no Shane Conlan. Please cut his little ass!

Could you imagine if we had Orakpo or Mike Oher right now instead of MAYBE? Either of those 2 players would make our team instantly much better. The draft 2 years ago produced some nice players for us, but our #1 pick is another first round B-U-S- _ !

Where's all the MAYBIN supporters? Against 2nd-3rd-4th teamers he got nowhere last night. He looked too small, took bad angles again and if we were playing pig he would have a B-U-S-_ so far. Some people can tolerate his showboating but it gets obnoxious after a while. We have no pass rush unless we send a safety blitz. He was supposed to be that pass rush. Nothing I've seen from him in 2 years can explain why we took him at #11. A move to a new position, that will do it. Well, it hasn't. I don't know why he's on this team. I love Penn State but he's no Shane Conlan. Please cut his little ass!

Could you imagine if we had Orakpo or Mike Oher right now instead of MAYBE? Either of those 2 players would make our team instantly much better. The draft 2 years ago produced some nice players for us, but our #1 pick is another first round B-U-S- _ !

LOL @ MAYBE...........................that's funny! :thumbsup::w00t::ph34r:

Anyone else think that he might be Buffalo's dirtiest player? It's like he is trying to make up for horrible play and being out of position by committing late hits and over aggressive head shots. He will cost Buffalo at least one game if he continues.

I'm here.

Still waiting for him to hit his mid-twenties and play a few real football games under the new regime.

Still not ready to call this kid a bust. Give him some time. He's a kid who's first year was plagued by idiocy at the coaching level.

Outside of Byrd and Shobel, who was better than "okay" last year on defense?

Give this kid a break. Let him have this season to prove himself.

Go Bills!

Maybin has quickly turned into one of my LEAST favorite Bills ever....not his fault but still....

It _is_ his fault. Had he not greedily held out last year, people would be more forgiving. People don't hate McKelvin as much, although he hasn't proved his worth at a similar draft position. Maybin has to be twice as productive to dig out of the hole he is in.

I lost respect for him after he hit Fred Jackson in the back during practice. IT appearred to me that he showboated some about it.

Good point, that dirty hit ticked me off too. What is with this kid, he acts like he's on roids, all maleviolence without thinking.

Celebrating or gloating about the failure of a first round draft choice seems a bit counter productive don't you think? Are you really happy that we spent a low pick on a guy who is clearly struggling and may never live up to his draft position?

I'm not a Maybin defender but I do keep hoping that he figures it out and actually finds a way to be successful. Him washing out doesn't help him or us so what's the point. I'd like every player the Bills draft to become and all pro. It's not likely that will happen but that doesn't mean I want anyone on our current roster to fail no matter how big a douche bag he may be on Twitter.

Maybin's biggest problem seems to be that he's still to light for his frame. That WILL change with time, the question is how much time? Personally, if I were the staff of the Bills I'd fatten him up and fatten him up fast. An extra 20 lbs on his frame would be HUGE and he'd still be plenty fast enough.

I'd force him to eat lunch and dinner every day Nick Tahoe's!

Sounds like a real jerk to me.

http://www.aaronmaybin.com/310/

Camp Mayhem 2

It is hard 2 believe that it has only been a week since the last blog. I think the grind of camp has a nasty habit of making your days longer and your nights shorter. There is soo much to prepare for during the season that camp has to be a constant, nonstop physical and mental repetition of the concepts & strategies you will face as a team. But the mental and physical strain has started to ease as our bodies have begun to adapt to the demands of an NFL season. Concepts are relayed and grasped quicker and the game has started 2 slow down for a lot of us, myself included. With Training Camp coming to a close next week, there is a light at the end of the tunnel because everyone is anxious to get back to Buffalo to be with our families and start preparing for week 1 of the season. But with the end of camp, also comes the added pressure of getting prepared and healthy for the grind of the season. I personally can’t wait. I’m looking forward 2 the challenge of helping to turn this team around for our city and our fans.

Our first preseason game against the Redskins was both frustrating…and sloppy…and at times…ugly. We played sloppy as a team, myself included. And we committed some costly penalties at crucial times, myself included, that took us out of the game. Preseason or not, It was a tough way to start off. Especially for me be being as I grew up less than an hour away in Baltimore. But after looking at the film the next day, there were a lot of positives that I took from the game, and a lot that I felt that I could learn from and build on. It did feel good to get a shot at rushing an opposing team’s quarterback rather than chasing Trent around the practice field all day. Felt good to get my 1st unofficial sack of the season. Didn’t feel so good to get flagged for an illegal hit on Donovan McNab early in the game because it kept them on the field 4 a scoring drive. It bothered me a lot because I didn’t mean to hit him illegally, but when u allow yourself to get too excited on the field, or in life, it clouds your judgment. Thus why it is so important to keep your composure at all times in spite of the Mayhem, lol. But that’s what the preseason is for. Mistakes are meant to be learned from, not repeated.

Tomorrow, we play the Indianapolis Colts in Toronto. Preseason or not, I always get excited to play the Colts. Peyton Manning is one of the great QBs in the game and will go down as one of the best to play when he’s done. Whenever u have the chance to play against a competitor like Peyton, even if its just for a few plays in the preseason, you ALWAYS want to bring your A game. And I’m not gonna lie, on film and in person, I always like watching Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis play. I watched them for years and have a lot of respect for how those guys play. But our O Line will be fine tho, we been givin them work like crazy in practice so they’ll be ready. So I’m hype for this game. For me, on gameday, once the whistle blows its all business. Haters and doubters can say what they want, I let them talk. I feed off of it. But when that whistle blows, that’s when I do my talking. The only thing I want pple to say about me when I’m done playing is that I gave 110% of everything I had every snap I played. And it’s with that mentality that I play the game.

Bottom line is, there IS talent on this team…A LOT of it. The media doesn’t act like they see it. But we do. We believe in this team and so do our fans. They come out and see us every day on the practice field working. And they are believing in us to bring a winning tradition back to a franchise that’s been needing it, and we want to be the ones to do it. The goal motivates us to keep working when we are tired and to play through the pain when we are hurt. There is nothing more important to me than Winning…it shuts up the haters, silences the doubters, and most importantly, it gives the fans what they deserve! BILLieve it….

In the NFL you do not cut first round draft picks in the second year of their contract. Even forgetting he is playing an entirely new position, the bulk of the money spent on him was in his signing bonus. He will be here for at least two more years bust or not. Even without a salary cap there is no reason to cut him. You can't get the signing bonus money back and he still has a chance to develop.

Good point, that dirty hit ticked me off too. What is with this kid, he acts like he's on roids, all maleviolence without thinking.

Reading his blog (above) and watching him play, it's pretty clear that all his bad or "dirty" plays are a result of him being amped up and pressing too hard.

It doesn't mean that he's not a bust though.

I seriously think they should move him to TE; of course, he'd probably be too small for that.

Much like Whitner at #8 this was a terrible pick for our franchise given his abilities, experience, our needs, and players available. I agree with you here, and whole heartedly am against giving any high fives to anybody involved in making that decision.

Like Whitner he now needs to be evaluated independently of his draft slot and we need to see if he can help this team win as he evolves. I don't have much confidence in us ever saying "what a great pick he was at #11", but I think he can develop into a good football player who helps us win games. Whether or not he does has nothing to do with June 2009-August 2010 (what we are judging him on), but on what happens next and how the coaches work with him.

I'm optimistic he will exceed the current general feeling out there and not be cut. But obviously it is unlikely he lives up to expectations as a #11 pick.

Maybin was one of the worst picks the Bills have made in years. Most all the experts said he was raw, but he is a different 2 3 letter word -- BAD. What a waste. Orakpo or Oher would have made a much bigger difference

The same experts had him rated the first or second best DE in the draft. Look at all the mocks. He and Orakpo were always 1 and 2 for DE to come off the board always in the first round.

Same thing for Mike Williams. There is not a single expert that criticized that pick at the time. Some may have like McKinnie better but noone thought it was a bad pick.

Will he be as bad a pick as Williams only time will tell...

Maybin has quickly turned into one of my LEAST favorite Bills ever....not his fault but still....

No, it's also kind of his fault. And I'm a huge Penn State fan, so my bias should make me see him in a more positive light. Last night, toward the end of the game, Hiller, the Colts QB, was scrambling and ran out of the pocket and starting downfield. He got hit or something, and then I think Maybin made a tackle or bumped him or something. Maybin didn't do jack on the play but still kind of rode him, while bumping into him, and taunting him after the play was over. I was watching Hiller's expression as he looked at Maybin, and he was like "WTF is wrong with you." I remember thinking the same thing that Hiller was thinking as I watched our buffoon do this. Things like this continue to show this clown's mental makeup.

The more you see and read about Maybin, the more of a clown this guy seems to be.

Grow up. I remember being so disappointed at the Ralph on that draft day when we passed on Orakpo. Maybin has done nothing on or off the field to change anyone's disappointment from that ruined draft day.

Much like Whitner at #8 this was a terrible pick for our franchise given his abilities, experience, our needs, and players available. I agree with you here, and whole heartedly am against giving any high fives to anybody involved in making that decision.

Like Whitner he now needs to be evaluated independently of his draft slot and we need to see if he can help this team win as he evolves. I don't have much confidence in us ever saying "what a great pick he was at #11", but I think he can develop into a good football player who helps us win games. Whether or not he does has nothing to do with June 2009-August 2010 (what we are judging him on), but on what happens next and how the coaches work with him.

I'm optimistic he will exceed the current general feeling out there and not be cut. But obviously it is unlikely he lives up to expectations as a #11 pick.

The voice of sanity. :thumbsup:

he is the same person as his mentor...Arrington. He also was a bust and taught Maybe how to fool the Bills in their negotiations.

Shame on the Bills for looking so stupid in this process.

Arrington a bust? Hardly. He was a game-changer for a short time before injuries ruined his career. Hell, if Maybin gets 11 sacks in a year I'd say that his pick was justified.

Judging from the dumb posts and the horrifically unfunny "Maybe" nickname, its probably not worth posting in this thread.

Anyways.

Facts:

Official Yahoo:

Elvis Dumervil- Height: 5-11; Weight: 248

Aaron Maybin- Height: 6-4; Weight 250

-Maybin is not a tweener. For the love of GOD stop acting like it. Yes, I know, official weight listings are often arbitrary. Yes, I've seen him on the field and his size is out of proportion with a lot of weakside linebackers in the league. That is mainly because he is a tall guy, not because he weighs 220 pounds.

-His height is a disadvantage right now because he hasn't learned the proper technique to counter offensive lineman getting under his tall frame and using their leverage to push him around. That is something that can be fixed. But, he isn't getting pushed around because he is a weak dude.

-If you watch the tape, Maybin is not performing half as bad as many of you think. The media is partially to blame for this I suppose, Tim Graham had a negative opinion of Maybin, but mainly bc he wasn't on the field with the first team defense, not because of his actual play. Maybin generated pressure on both of the 1st team snaps I saw and sniffed out a draw play against the Colt's second team offense. No, he didn't sackthe QB. But, he isn't Vernon Gholston just yet.

-Maybin is barely 22. He is younger than our first round pick in 2010 (Spiller is 23). He has a lot of learning to do. But, don't count him out just yet. He works hard and has the natural talent. Anyone with those two characteristics isn't worth betting against IMO.

Yesterday wasn't his best game. But, you can't sit here and call him a bust solely because he doesn't have sacks or he doesn't play on the 1st team defense yet (Torbor has played LB in the 3-4, Maybin has not even played linebacker...so yes, he has the edge). Yes, on some plays he gets swallowed up (the way many rushing linebackers do). On other plays, he definitely has helped collapse the pocket. Sure, in retrospect, Oher and Orakpo would have been the better picks. No doubt. But, you can re-litigate just about every draft the Bills (or most teams) have had and find picks that would have worked better. Lets wait and see how he does this year before jumping to conclusions.

This is kind of BS. On more than one play Mayin rode himself out the rushing lane so far, that the Colts ran directly at his area and picked up big gainers on the ground as they ran plays where Maybin should have been. Wait until the regular season when coordinators who are actually trying hard to win games notice that.

He plays high. He's not disciplined. He acts like a thug for some reason on the field. I mean, this tool needs a guy like Ray Lewis around to straighten his ass out and show him how to act like a professional, not a high school kid wannabe. Until his mindset changes, he's going to continue to be a clown.

He is young I agree; but that stuff has got to piss off the coaches in film study. I mean, the late hits in last nights game reminded me of Rodney Harrison's cheep shots. late after the play with an elbow to the back or side as he slides in. Someone should duck tape him to the goal post and take a cheep shot or two at him. At some point, his teammates will not take it anymore and call him out. I'll give him this year, he looks like a rookie still and nothing under Juron ball really developed anyway. That jerk ass attitude he has is being fueled. He obvoiusly thinks it helps him in some way.

He made a tackle! He made a tackle! Boooya!

The bold part was fair, he did do that on occasion. My issue with your opinion is that it seems overly influenced by the part in italics. In other words, completely subjective and baseless opinions that appear to weigh far more heavy on player evaluations than the game tape.

And yea, Ray Lewis definitely never acts thuggish or show boats on the field. :thumbsup:

If you don't know what I mean about a clown like Maybin learning to play the game from a pro's pro like Lewis, then you'll never understand that. I don't like Ray the person, but Lewis doesn't let the childish crap that Maybin does on the field occur. Period.

Playing high is baseless? So, you don't think Maybing plays a little high? He was getting thrown around by Redskin tackles because they were up under his pads as he either tried to go around them OR through them. Undisciplined baseless? Watch the game last night. He, on multiple occasions, vacated his area as the Colts ran right through the areas he left wide open. He lost contain on at least two occasions in a preseason game, by letting the Colts run inside of his outside loop. Do that just once in a regular season game, at the right time, and it may cost the Bills the football game.

Watch the tape. Be my guest. This time, open your eyes a little bit.

If the tape wasn't backing up what most people can easily see, Maybin wouldn't be on the field at the end of a preseason game, because he would already be doing the things that you say he's doing correctly. He's clearly not, otherwise there would be no reason for him to be out there, at the end, risking injury. You know, like all the other guys on the team that actually left int he 2nde quarter.

He is young I agree; but that stuff has got to piss off the coaches in film study. I mean, the late hits in last nights game reminded me of Rodney Harrison's cheep shots. late after the play with an elbow to the back or side as he slides in. Someone should duck tape him to the goal post and take a cheep shot or two at him. At some point, his teammates will not take it anymore and call him out. I'll give him this year, he looks like a rookie still and nothing under Juron ball really developed anyway. That jerk ass attitude he has is being fueled. He obvoiusly thinks it helps him in some way.

THAT WAS IT. I couldn't think of what pissed me off about what he did. This was the play I was talking about above. Good memory.

If the tape wasn't backing up what most people can easily see, Maybin wouldn't be on the field at the end of a preseason game, because he would already be doing the things that you say he's doing correctly. He's clearly not, otherwise there would be no reason for him to be out there, at the end, risking injury. You know, like all the other guys on the team that actually left int he 2nde quarter.

Gailey addressed that directly and he said it was simply to get as much experience as he could possibly get. Maybin hasn't played a lot of live football games in his life. He only played basically one year in college. He didn't play all that much last year. He never played LB.

Gailey addressed that directly and he said it was simply to get as much experience as he could possibly get. Maybin hasn't played a lot of live football games in his life. He only played basically one year in college. He didn't play all that much last year. He never played LB.

Yeah OK, then why wasn't Steve Johnson, or Spiller, or anyone else gaining without extensive "exprience" out there? Gil Brandt, talking about the Bills yesterday, said the major drawback of the Bills having to play Spiller so early is that it's almost impossible for a rookie RB to learn how to pick up blitzes and pass protection assignments correctly. He said that anything Spiller, or any other rookie back does that is great, is almost always offset by something terrible that they do in pass protections.

So, tell me, shouldn't Spiller have been out there gaining some experience? Gailey might be telling the truth, or bits of it. And in your defense, Maybin is a tad younger, but seriously, that really doesn't matter. But the fact that Maybin is out there at the same time John McCargo is out there is not a good sign. Maybin has no chance of being cut, like McCargo, but it speaks volumes. There's no way they would risk Maybin to injury if they thought he was actually going to be any kind of decent contirbutor to this year's team.

Was Kelsay out there last night in the 4th quarter working on his LB skills?