I'm Tired of hearing about the JETS

If the Jets didn't play a preseason game against the Colts scrubs 2nd half, week 17 of the regular season, would ANYbody even be talking about them? Overrated to the utmost degree. The have big media expectations to fill, I like it that way. Keep in mind everybody has game tape on their Defense and Offense. Its hard to get the same wrinles to work consecutive years, take a look at Wildcat year 1 vs wildcat year 2. Defenses figured out how to stop it. I for one am GLAD they shippe Thomas Jones out of the division, who is night and day better than LT. Tomlinson is a name at this point to help sell PSL's, not a production guy.

If the Jets didn't play a preseason game against the Colts scrubs 2nd half, week 17 of the regular season, would ANYbody even be talking about them? Overrated to the utmost degree. The have big media expectations to fill, I like it that way. Keep in mind everybody has game tape on their Defense and Offense. Its hard to get the same wrinles to work consecutive years, take a look at Wildcat year 1 vs wildcat year 2. Defenses figured out how to stop it. I for one am GLAD they shippe Thomas Jones out of the division, who is night and day better than LT. Tomlinson is a name at this point to help sell PSL's, not a production guy.

+1. The Jets get far too much positive hype. They were lucky to even make the playoffs last year. Sure, they kind of pulled it together when it counted and made a nice playoff run, but that is NOT a dominant team. Also, I do not think they are well-coached -- I think the guy is a meathead. Plus, the then-lowly Bills even beat them last year on their own turf. Screw the Jets. They'll be cellar-dwellers this season.

I guess you missed this thread:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=114586

Just breaking your stones, Stussy.

Honestly, you just to accept it. They made the big flashy moves and play in NYC. They will get a ton of hype, just like we will for being the worst team in the history of sports. But most of the time, the most hyped team never lives up to that billing. Trust me, it will be awesome when they crash and burn.

Honestly, you just to accept it. They made the big flashy moves and play in NYC. They will get a ton of hype, just like we will for being the worst team in the history of sports. But most of the time, the most hyped team never lives up to that billing. Trust me, it will be awesome when they crash and burn.

I can't wait...at least we have the secondary to match up with their thug WR corps

Well this is what you get when you make a lot of media-friendly moves. The talking heads need something to fill the space in the off-season so the team that makes the most splashy moves gets talked about the most. It used to be the Redskins. Usually winning the off-season Super Bowl rarely pans out when the hits become real.

PTR

you don't like hearing about the Jets, so you start a thread about the Jets instead? So you like reading about them, just not hearing about them...right? :huh:

That makes too much sense for a guy from Jersey

The Jets defense is extremely good and probably got better. They will keep them in most games and probably make it easy for the offense. The offense gained a few guys and lost a few guys. It's impossible to say how good they will be.

Sanchez sucked for the most part last year, but he has a lot of talent, and is one of those guys who can throw two good passes the entire game but they will be TDs. He's a turnover machine right now in his career though, and it's hard to say how much he will improve, but he should. Ryan is an excellent defensive coach and Brian Schottenheimer did well with what he had to work with (although IMO he gave Sanchez too many chances to screw up and they could have won games they lost early in the year.

Hopefully, their OL will take a step back, and losing Jones will hurt their run game as LT has lost it, but Shonn Green looked pretty decent last year. Next year is likely the year they implode. I expect the Jets, unfortunately, to challenge the Cheatriots for the division title if not win it going away.

The Jets defense is extremely good and probably got better. They will keep them in most games and probably make it easy for the offense. The offense gained a few guys and lost a few guys. It's impossible to say how good they will be.

Sanchez sucked for the most part last year, but he has a lot of talent, and is one of those guys who can throw two good passes the entire game but they will be TDs. He's a turnover machine right now in his career though, and it's hard to say how much he will improve, but he should. Ryan is an excellent defensive coach and Brian Schottenheimer did well with what he had to work with (although IMO he gave Sanchez too many chances to screw up and they could have won games they lost early in the year.

Hopefully, their OL will take a step back, and losing Jones will hurt their run game as LT has lost it, but Shonn Green looked pretty decent last year. Next year is likely the year they implode. I expect the Jets, unfortunately, to challenge the Cheatriots for the division title if not win it going away.

"SO BE IT"!

"GOD BE PRAISED"!

All true. This team was built in a textbook manner for a cold weather franchise. When the Bills do the same, we will win. Hopefully rounds 2-7 this year were a step in the right direction.

I for one think the Jets will have trouble getting all the aging and troublesome new players to gel as a team. There is no bigger team sport than football, and it is tough for any team with a bunch of new players to play together, much less when a good portion of them are coming from unhappy situations.

It's interesting that had the Colts had actually played a full 60 minutes and beaten the Jets, the Jets would have been knocked-out of the playoff picture, yet once they made the playoffs, they made it all the way to the AFCCG. The question is whether they'll take the next step and make the playoffs based on their own merits.

It's interesting that had the Colts had actually played a full 60 minutes and beaten the Jets, the Jets would have been knocked-out of the playoff picture, yet once they made the playoffs, they made it all the way to the AFCCG. The question is whether they'll take the next step and make the playoffs based on their own merits.

Over the past the past 30 years or so, I've come to know that the Jets, howver talent laden, will puke eventually. They just can help themselves.

The end of last year was extremely interesting, was it not my friend? Count me as one who thinks that the Colts are not a very good team. I think they are good mind you, and Peyton Manning is GREAT. So great, he has got better with age.

Many posters think that football is all about the quarterback. I respect the opinions of others, but I generally disagree. Manning is an exception imo. He is a genius and a great athlete at the same time. Other qbs such as Bert Jones (before your time?) and John Elway carried teams.

Wrt the jests, all Sanchez has to do is not suck. He has a line, lots of weapons and a very strong defense. The jests, unfortunately, are stacked. As I said, they were properly built. We drafted rbs and dbs while they built a foundation. Levy/Jauron truly did hurt this franchise. It is Ralph's fault for hiring incompetent morons, but these two were indescribably bad.

Our hope is that Gailey/Nix are better. I believe they are but it will take some time to undo the harm.

The end of last year was extremely interesting, was it not my friend? Count me as one who thinks that the Colts are not a very good team. I think they are good mind you, and Peyton Manning is GREAT. So great, he has got better with age.

Many posters think that football is all about the quarterback. I respect the opinions of others, but I generally disagree. Manning is an exception imo. He is a genius and a great athlete at the same time. Other qbs such as Bert Jones (before your time?) and John Elway carried teams.

Wrt the jests, all Sanchez has to do is not suck. He has a line, lots of weapons and a very strong defense. The jests, unfortunately, are stacked. As I said, they were properly built. We drafted rbs and dbs while they built a foundation. Levy/Jauron truly did hurt this franchise. It is Ralph's fault for hiring incompetent morons, but these two were indescribably bad.

Our hope is that Gailey/Nix are better. I believe they are but it will take some time to undo the harm.

The Colts of the past decade and the Bills of the early 90's are very similar in that both are/were stacked talentwise yet lacked top notch coaching when it counted. Levy was certainly better than Dungy and the bus driver that replaced him, but not good enough--- even HOFers need to be coached. No other reason both of these teams didn't win multiple rings in their times.

The Colts of the past decade and the Bills of the early 90's are very similar in that both are/were stacked talentwise yet lacked top notch coaching when it counted. Levy was certainly better than Dungy and the bus driver that replaced him, but not good enough--- even HOFers need to be coached. No other reason both of these teams didn't win multiple rings in their times.

Well, I can think of at least ONE reason. There were/are other very good teams in the league, too. And some teams simply match up better with certain teams and some teams peak at different times.

I won't dispute the notion that coaching plays/played a big part, as well.

Guess it's not your year Stussy

Jets to star in 'Hard Knocks'

Associated Press FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Get ready for Rex: Unplugged.

The chatty New York Jets and their brash coach, Rex Ryan, will be featured on HBO's "Hard Knocks" training camp series this summer. The team announced Thursday that it was chosen by the cable channel and NFL Films for the five-episode documentary. More drivel

HBO show causing quite a ruckus over New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis and it's only June Link

:devil:

Over the past the past 30 years or so, I've come to know that the Jets, howver talent laden, will puke eventually. They just can help themselves.

I have a friend who is a huge Jets fan, who feels the same way. And I can't blame him, seeing as how 2007 turned-out, after everyone was annointing the Jets following the 2006 season.

The Jets' problem is that they tinkered with success. And as mentioned above, they were lucky to get into the playoffs. Should be another interesting season.

The Jets have no real fans. The Jets are like date insurance in case the Giants suck, much like the Mets are with the Yankees. They are New York's back-up team to root for.

PTR

If you are serious, you are wrong. Jet fans have suffered almost as much as us. It is only of late that they have turned things around. A friend of mine is a huge Jet Fan. He has posted here (LI Phil). He knows the jets are stacked, yet he fully expects them to fall apart this year due to getting burned in the past much like us.