***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're talking about a free kick, the USA played fouled him. I agree he whined but the foul was clear.

That's my only concern. Can't soccer matches be officiated well enough that the players don't feel the need to "sell" the penalty. It's that aspect of the game that makes us non-fans think they're pussies.

seriously this ref has to be on the take.....I have never seen so many bad calls in anything in my life

Nah, this ref crew is that bad. What is sad is that they were hand picked by FIFA because they were the best of the best of their country.

Nah, this ref crew is that bad. What is sad is that they were hand picked by FIFA because they were the best of the best of their country.

They try to make it equal by adding some from all the countries.

IMHO, I would just use the refs from the big countries.

The US played great in the second half and got SCREWED by the refs. But I am proud of the way they fought back. And not so proud of those here who gave up on them. This team is talented and resilient!

Ridiculous. Both the comeback, and the horrible screw-job done by the refs. Soccer single handedly might have the worst officiating of any sport. Bradley is getting butt humped in the box on a legit goal and they "miss" the foul and disallow the legit goal?

!@#$ you FIFA.

They try to make it equal by adding some from all the countries.

IMHO, I would just use the refs from the big countries.

Who gives a s*** about equality, the World Cup needs the BEST refs in the world, no matter where they are from.

So help me out here. We're excited about a 2-2 tie, does that mean we advance? or do we still need help from other teams?

No but if we would have lost it would have been over for sure. What we really need is an england loss! If they tie we are still tied with 2 points and would most likely ned a win in our last game to advance.

I can certainly understand why some refs get physically attacked. That was shameful. The commentators mentioned this ref was also on the wrong side in a Spain match earlier.

Wonder why Americans don't take to soccer? Right there. (The wuss diving trying to sell fouls doesn't help either).

Soccer has needed replay for a long time. Too many grudges (especially in int'l play), and too much opportunity for bribery. The technology is there, other sports have shown that it doesn't infringe on time too-too much in the interests of making the right calls. But for FIFA to keep the bribery train going, they'll never do it.

There should have been about five PKs called against Slovenia on the Edu goal. Not mentioning about two other ones during the second half.

Mali should be added to the Axis of Evil.