***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a good signing for the MLS, and if he stays healthy, he should score lots of goals.

I agree...and I love this strategy by the MLS. Instead of breaking the bank for lots of players in their prime, give some of the top players in the world a place to come when their skills have eroded enough to where they aren't the same players they used to be. Henry has been one of my favorite players for a while now, so to think Ill get four years to watch him in MLS? I'm game! We pay them much less than what they're used to making, but still a respectable contract PLUS they'll be able to be the big fish all over again.

If Meazza is right about Ronaldinho's game having fallen off so much, maybe we can bring him here next!! :thumbsup:

I agree...and I love this strategy by the MLS. Instead of breaking the bank for lots of players in their prime, give some of the top players in the world a place to come when their skills have eroded enough to where they aren't the same players they used to be. Henry has been one of my favorite players for a while now, so to think Ill get four years to watch him in MLS? I'm game! We pay them much less than what they're used to making, but still a respectable contract PLUS they'll be able to be the big fish all over again.

If Meazza is right about Ronaldinho's game having fallen off so much, maybe we can bring him here next!! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm thinking he's going to be in the MLS pretty soon.

The MLS, where old Euro league stars go to die.

On a side note:

What ever happened to the push for a MLS franchise in Rochester? When I was going to college there, it was always on the cusp. Any word?

The MLS, where old Euro league stars go to die.

On a side note:

What ever happened to the push for a MLS franchise in Rochester? When I was going to college there, it was always on the cusp. Any word?

It fell through at some point. I know the Rhinos were pushing to get into the MLS. Someone more local could probably give you some details...

Now that watching soccer is reduced, I can recommend a good read.

"How Soccer Explains the World" by Franklin Foer.

Just a thought until the MLS All-Star match against Manchester United

On June 24th 2010 at 12:00 PM Eastern Time, I realized that this tournament never really happened. :rolleyes:

You need to hug it out, B word?

<_<

Not by a German. :)

Eh,that's okay....I'd go to give you a hug and you'd just take a dive to the ground holding your shin until you got the call against me! :)

It fell through at some point. I know the Rhinos were pushing to get into the MLS. Someone more local could probably give you some details...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_of_...r_League_Soccer

Rochester In 2005, the completion of PAETEC Park, a soccer specific stadium, put the Rochester Rhinos on the shortlist of expansion teams.[42][43] However, a recent downturn in attendance and a lack of financial backing required for MLS fees has dampened the club's prospects in the first round of MLS expansion. New ownership under Rob Clark has not made expansion into the MLS a priority.

Imo, the only way that Rochester will be in the MLS is if they adopt the promotion/relegation system that is used everywhere else but here. That said, I doubt that would happen because the MLS believes that owners buy a franchise with the right that they should always be top flight. The big problem with that is if you have a fledgling business that was once top echelon and it falls apart, someone else is probably going to take your businesses place in the top echelon. So, I don't see why this shouldn't hold true for soccer.

Rumors have been swirling like crazy this weekend that Ronaldinho is heading the LA Galaxy.

http://losangeles.bizjournals.com/losangel...12/daily32.html

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18072010/58/...nho-galaxy.html

Henry is still a great player and a great pickup for the league but Ronaldinho is one of the most skilled players in the world and he just turned 30. This would be huge for the league.

Donovan, Beckham and Ronaldinho on one team would be sick.

Rumors have been swirling like crazy this weekend that Ronaldinho is heading the LA Galaxy.

http://losangeles.bizjournals.com/losangel...12/daily32.html

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18072010/58/...nho-galaxy.html

Henry is still a great player and a great pickup for the league but Ronaldinho is one of the most skilled players in the world and he just turned 30. This would be huge for the league.

Donovan, Beckham and Ronaldinho on one team would be sick.

might actually being enough to win the concacaf champions league, especially with america and guadalajara not qualifying.

So AJ, guess you're going to follow Serie A closely now?

http://www.football-italia.net/jul22a.html

Definitely. If they sign him, then that's the team in Serie A that I'll follow for sure....at least for the upcoming season lol. Looks like they are also considering Podulski, so I'd likely keep tabs on them to follow him, as well. Forlan was amazing during the WC...I didn't know a thing about the guy before the tourney, and now he's one of my favorite players to watch. :rolleyes:

Definitely. If they sign him, then that's the team in Serie A that I'll follow for sure....at least for the upcoming season lol. Looks like they are also considering Podulski, so I'd likely keep tabs on them to follow him, as well. Forlan was amazing during the WC...I didn't know a thing about the guy before the tourney, and now he's one of my favorite players to watch. :w00t:

Unfortunately if he signs for Inter, considering their depth, he might not play that much.

But if you support Inter, then I will have to hate you :w00t:

Unfortunately if he signs for Inter, considering their depth, he might not play that much.

But if you support Inter, then I will have to hate you :w00t:

:w00t:

How's Roma looking for this season?

:w00t:

How's Roma looking for this season?

They are now owned by Uincredit and potentially will be taken over by a Saudi oil company. Could end up becoming the next Manchester City...

The future is uncertain, but one thing is for sure, we will be very competitive.

They are now owned by Uincredit and potentially will be taken over by a Saudi oil company. Could end up becoming the next Manchester City...

The future is uncertain, but one thing is for sure, we will be very competitive.

Very cool! That's good news for you :w00t: What is up with Totti? Is that thumb suckin mofo still on the pitch or retired?

Very cool! That's good news for you :w00t: What is up with Totti? Is that thumb suckin mofo still on the pitch or retired?

He's getting old but he still produces when he's on his game. Scored 23 in 19 games this year. Given that they played about 45 games, his injury status is why they are grooming for a backup.

We signed Adriano. He used to be a superstar but he crashed. Hopefully he regains his form.

Roma is in Champions league this year. Definitely need to go far in that league. Hopefully up till the semis.

• 2 weeks later...