***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Non sports fans will never understand these kind of decisions. We wait all this time to watch these games, spend money on jerseys, caps, nice TV's and everything and have to forego watching a crucial game because someone else feels their "event" is more important.

WHEN the bills make the playoffs again, i don't think anything could make me miss it :w00t:

Fixed...

1975 Buffalo Sabres vs. Flyers in the Stanley Cup. Sunday afternoon game. The future Mrs. Lew is to graduate from college in Buffalo. Ceremony at Kleinhams Music Hall. But the game is at the same time. Fortunately I had a small transistor radio and an earpiece. The future Mrs. Lew's name was called during the first intermission YAY.

The in-laws were not sports fans at that time, so they did not see the big deal.

Jack Kemp was the guest speaker.

Good luck with your event

I don't know what his name is, but one of the Cameroon players had a RIP of shot that smashed into the crossbar. A few inches lower and that would have been a sick goal....same thing happened to Ronaldo today

Give Ronaldo space and you're dead. That shot was sick. I still can't guess who will pass that group. Brazil will for sure but Ivory Coast and Portugal played well.

Portugal's coach is an idiot though.

Give Ronaldo space and you're dead. That shot was sick. I still can't guess who will pass that group. Brazil will for sure but Ivory Coast and Portugal played well.

Portugal's coach is an idiot though.

Sorry for being a soccer novice... Who does Ronaldo play for? Brazil right... How come when I go to ESPN and look up who the squad is for Brazil, he is not listed... ??

Sorry for being a soccer novice... Who does Ronaldo play for? Brazil right... How come when I go to ESPN and look up who the squad is for Brazil, he is not listed... ??

The one you're looking for is probably Christiano Ronaldo, who plays for Portugal.

I saw him... I am looking for thee Ronaldo... What the other guys are talking about... Brazil right? I found him at Wiki... I just don't see him at ESPN and listed with the squad. ??

I'm almost certain they're talking about Christiano Ronaldo, considering the Ronaldo that played for Brazil in the '06 cup is not playing in this cup.

I saw him... I am looking for thee Ronaldo... What the other guys are talking about... Brazil right? I found him at Wiki... I just don't see him at ESPN and listed with the squad. ??

There are two Ronaldo's.

Cristiano Ronaldo who plays for Portugal and is considered one of the best in the world and Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima who retired from Brazil International Football in 2006 I believe and was one of the best in the world.

There are two Ronaldo's.

Cristiano Ronaldo who plays for Portugal and is considered one of the best in the world and Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima who retired from Brazil International Football in 2006 I believe and was one of the best in the world.

Thanks! You were talking about the POR game today... For some reason I thought your were talking about Brazil... Again.. Sorry soccer novice here, trying to follow all the scores! :w00t:

Thanks! You were talking about the POR game today... For some reason I thought your were talking about Brazil... Again.. Sorry soccer novice here, trying to follow all the scores! :w00t:

Good to see that you're following :lol:

I think the US could advance from their group. I think this is England's World Cup.

I hope we reach the semi's.

For team USA, a win on Friday against Slovenia is critical. No matter how you slice it in group C, this is the game where anything less than a win will be deadly. Slovenia is sitting there with 3 points right now. If USA gives them a point in this game, they can pretty much book their ticket home. They absolutely need to get three points in this one. If they can’t do that, they will deserve to go home early.

For team USA, a win on Friday against Slovenia is critical. No matter how you slice it in group C, this is the game where anything less than a win will be deadly. Slovenia is sitting there with 3 points right now. If USA gives them a point in this game, they can pretty much book their ticket home. They absolutely need to get three points in this one. If they can’t do that, they will deserve to go home early.

But wait...if Slovenia draws the US, they'll have 4 points and we'll have 2. Then, we'd just have to beat Algeria (which shouldn't be a challenge from what I hear) and have England beat Slovenia (or draw if we can manage to beat Algeria by 2 or 3 goals).

But wait...if Slovenia draws the US, they'll have 4 points and we'll have 2. Then, we'd just have to beat Algeria (which shouldn't be a challenge from what I hear) and have England beat Slovenia (or draw if we can manage to beat Algeria by 2 or 3 goals).

So if we draw against Slovenia, and then beat Algeria, and England beats Slovenia- both the US and Slovenia have 4 points. That would come down to goal differential

That's correct. USA could still get through, but they would need help.

So if we draw against Slovenia, and then beat Algeria, and England beats Slovenia- both the US and Slovenia have 4 points. That would come down to goal differential

Actually, the US would have 5 points in that scenario (2 draws and a win) and would get through.

Maybe I overstated the importance of a win over Slovenia. A draw would not be the end of the world, but it would make things complicated. Also, where would the team's confidence be if they can not beat Slovenia?

Of the two games remaining, this one seems more crucial to get the win (since Slovenia already has 3 points).

Maybe I overstated the importance of a win over Slovenia. A draw would not be the end of the world, but it would make things complicated. Also, where would the team's confidence be if they can not beat Slovenia?

SLovenia are not a bad side. Not a great one, by any means, but they are more than capable of putting in a performance or two to shock supposedly better teams.