***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will simply setup a tv in one of the rooms with the game. I think they will catch on when they hear me yelling at the TV. Similar to how I was yelling when Cannavaro and De Rossi both looked shocked on a free kick.

That reminds me of a wedding I attended the night the Yankees clinched the first of their recent WS wins in 1996. There was no TV, only the men's room attendant's radio, so every guy was going in to take a leak every 5 minutes. In the 9th inning, there must have been 100 guys packed into a 3 stall john to hear the final outs --- the bride was none too happy! :w00t:

Didn't they play a 0-0 game today with a total of 3 shots on goal?

You don't have the proper frame of mind.

Nil-nil or 1-1 is an exciting display of strategy and skill. Aesthetics matter. You are ugly and dumb in the view of soccer aficionados if you fail to realize that.

Embrace the buzz...! :w00t:

This is the only time I watch Soccer so I was surprised....4 years is a long time though

Yeah, it's amazing how much soccer athletes can physically age in that time. Some of the shortest careers in sports are in soccer.

Nope, not even on the team, I don't think. There's a reason why he isn't on Barcelona anymore.

He plays for A.C. Milan which is one of the worlds most renowned teams. Not like he plays for Dubai or something ...

He just had a terrible year and there were better options.

On the other hand, I would have brought Alexandre Pato.

Nil-nil or 1-1 is an exciting display of strategy and skill.

Not trolling or arguing, but I have a soccer question I can't get a good grasp. How much do strategy and adjustment really impact soccer games?

I think most strategies are done before the game, for example, formation, lineup, and aggressiveness, while adjustments can be made in half time. However, how are strategy and adjustment being done during the game? For example, after seeing opponent does certain things, how can they coordinate to do X when the other team does Y but not Z? The only thing I know is substitution. Compared to NFL (every down), NBA (timeouts), and MLB (signals), soccer's strategy and especially adjustment seem quite minimal imo.