Schobel says he's not coming back

yall

For the life of me I can't tell why Peters was seen as a villain and Schoble is the golden boy.

Because regardless of what he was being payed, Schobel always showed up ready to play. The one time Peters wasn't happy with his paycheck he laid around on his couch all summer dipping kettle chips in mayonnaise and showed up as a fat useless pig.

The bottom line is that you're trying to turn this into a black/white issue. There are legitimate cases where those prejudices are a factor; this is not one of them.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because regardless of what he was being payed, Schobel always showed up ready to play. The one time Peters wasn't happy with his paycheck he laid around on his couch all summer dipping kettle chips in mayonnaise and showed up as a fat useless pig.

Well, sure. There's that.

:huh:

• 2 weeks later...

The bottom line is that you're trying to turn this into a black/white issue. There are legitimate cases where those prejudices are a factor; this is not one of them.

It's a given that Schobel always showed up ready to play and was one of, if not our top defender the past decade. However, the stupid way he's played his cards, that is he put out the "retirement" thing, and then said he wasn't coming back (but would consider playing if the Bills called upon him during the season), which all boiled down to his desire to play near his Texas home. Fine. Had he made his wishes known only to the Bills, and given them a reasonable time frame to get something accomplished (or at least try) before going public, he wouldn't have destroyed his trade value with respect to what the Bills could have received if he had kept his mouth shut.

With the Bills going to a 3-4 defense, they may well have been inclined to try to work something out for him. But no, stupid said he was likely going to retire, then blah, blah, blah. Had he left anything for the Bills (some trade value), we should all have wished him well, but since he's played this the way he has, may he rot forever as under contract to the Bills. As of now, he's a did not report (fine him). Let him turn in his retirement papers, but do NOT give him his release.

He played his hand badly and definitely should not be rewarded for it. Sad too, because I liked Schobel, until he left the Bills with no options. He was paid pretty darned well to play for the Bills so he shouldn't have to clip coupons to get by even if he never plays another down.

It's a given that Schobel always showed up ready to play and was one of, if not our top defender the past decade. However, the stupid way he's played his cards, that is he put out the "retirement" thing, and then said he wasn't coming back (but would consider playing if the Bills called upon him during the season), which all boiled down to his desire to play near his Texas home. Fine. Had he made his wishes known only to the Bills, and given them a reasonable time frame to get something accomplished (or at least try) before going public, he wouldn't have destroyed his trade value with respect to what the Bills could have received if he had kept his mouth shut.

With the Bills going to a 3-4 defense, they may well have been inclined to try to work something out for him. But no, stupid said he was likely going to retire, then blah, blah, blah. Had he left anything for the Bills (some trade value), we should all have wished him well, but since he's played this the way he has, may he rot forever as under contract to the Bills. As of now, he's a did not report (fine him). Let him turn in his retirement papers, but do NOT give him his release.

He played his hand badly and definitely should not be rewarded for it. Sad too, because I liked Schobel, until he left the Bills with no options. He was paid pretty darned well to play for the Bills so he shouldn't have to clip coupons to get by even if he never plays another down.

What planet are you from ......what the A.schoebal fan club ?.......He has been a joke of a defensive player , the main reason we had been so bad on run defense for the past decade.But schoebal / Kelsay got the last laugh because they had a joke of a front office (russ brandon). He can desire all he want to play near texas. He shouldnt have taken the gift from our sorry front office (thanks for nothing Russ) . If he wants to leave /retire... FINE he will not be missed but I say FINE HIS A** if he miss anything mandatory .....Once he retires the BILLS can go after some of their MONEY . We Have a real front office now schoebal... the gravy train has left the building

Damn right is because the color of their skin ........Bruce Smith was villified and he was the best D.End ever in the AFC.... A Hall of Famer . Let schoebal look more like Bruce and all Hell would have broken out. Peters wasnt happy because he was severly under paid and we have been paying the price for the past two years (thanks Russ)........Your crazy if you thought schoebal showed up ready to play .....He is nothing more than a over paid white Defensive end of a last ranked defense for the past 8 years or since his arrival and on top of that was given 50 million like he was performing like Bruce Smith , Richard Seymore or Julius Peppers ...people that offenses had to actually game plan......I am white and I know that. So stop living in your fantasy world......Mckelvin makes one mistake he gets a cross burned in front of his house .....Schoebal has been ran over for the past 8 years and not a peep from Buffalo fans and add insult to injury they give him a 50 million contract. Oh yea Russ was on crack when they gave his a** that kind of money ......................................Why do you think we put up with sub par QB play when we know M.VICK is the best option . Why do we act like what Rothelesberger done the past years Rapping two girls is not more scandolous than what Vince Young did fighting at a Bar......But the coverage on the news and the talk at my company you would have thought that Vince Young raped someone .... Please Wake Up get your Head Out of the Sand

At the end of the day, NO ONE is bigger than the team ESPECIALLY when you're rebuilding from scratch. We don't have time to play games...we have a winning formula to build. It is ultimatum time. Either he retires or we trade his ass for someone who will come in and help straight away. This hand holding, coddling, waiting by the phone, he loves me he loves me not BS has got to end right now!!

Damn right is because the color of their skin ........Bruce Smith was villified and he was the best D.End ever in the AFC.... A Hall of Famer . Let schoebal look more like Bruce and all Hell would have broken out. Peters wasnt happy because he was severly under paid and we have been paying the price for the past two years (thanks Russ)........Your crazy if you thought schoebal showed up ready to play .....He is nothing more than a over paid white Defensive end of a last ranked defense for the past 8 years or since his arrival and on top of that was given 50 million like he was performing like Bruce Smith , Richard Seymore or Julius Peppers ...people that offenses had to actually game plan......I am white and I know that. So stop living in your fantasy world......Mckelvin makes one mistake he gets a cross burned in front of his house .....Schoebal has been ran over for the past 8 years and not a peep from Buffalo fans and add insult to injury they give him a 50 million contract. Oh yea Russ was on crack when they gave his a** that kind of money ......................................Why do you think we put up with sub par QB play when we know M.VICK is the best option . Why do we act like what Rothelesberger done the past years Rapping two girls is not more scandolous than what Vince Young did fighting at a Bar......But the coverage on the news and the talk at my company you would have thought that Vince Young raped someone .... Please Wake Up get your Head Out of the Sand

Yeah, because Mike Vick is a good guy and Ben Rothelsberger has been treated with kid gloves.

Racism exists. Don't make it worse by posting rubbish that feeds the racists.

Yeah, because Mike Vick is a good guy and Ben Rothelsberger has been treated with kid gloves.

Racism exists. Don't make it worse by posting rubbish that feeds the racists.

He kind of had a point until that Vick thought.

Buffalo has always had bias w sports, whether its this threads topic or the sabres (anti european)

I didn't know Big Ben was a rapper. Maybe he can do a video with P Diddy.

I just got some inside poop on the Schobel situation from someone we all trust and he says that Schobel is not well-liked in the locker room, which explains why no one is acting like losing him is any big deal. The wild card at play here is money. Apparently this person thinks Schobel won't walk away from a fat paycheck. But Gailey may not want him back because of his lack of commitment so far. Take this as unconfirmed rumor.

PTR

I just got some inside poop on the Schobel situation from someone we all trust and he says that Schobel is not well-liked in the locker room, which explains why no one is acting like losing him is any big deal. The wild card at play here is money. Apparently this person thinks Schobel won't walk away from a fat paycheck. But Gailey may not want him back because of his lack of commitment so far. Take this as unconfirmed rumor.

PTR

I remeber CB writing an article a few years back that he sits in the "leaders" seat at the top of the locker room. I think this was after Spikes and Fletcher left. I never been in the locker room but there are apperently 2 seats for the D leaders i wonder who sits in the other? Asn If he is not liked why is he at the top of the pecking order?

Good Info PTR thanks fr sharing...

I didn't know Big Ben was a rapper. Maybe he can do a video with P Diddy.

When you address Sean Combs you have to do it properly. He changed his "name" again and now its "Diddy Dirty Money".

Seriously though, buh-bye Schobel. He was a looping pass rusher that had some decent sack totals here in Buffalo. I applaud him for his efforts and thank him for his contributions, but hasta la vista. He has always been less than stout against the run and he isn't on the talent level to be skipping all of the offseason as if he was Brett Favre. If he wanted to come back at the end of TC, frankly, I would tell him sorry "no soup for you" for your place at the table has been taken.

Not sure what TV you have been watching. Big Ben was rightfully pummeled in the media and suspended even though he was not convicted in a court of law. His indictment in the public eye will follow him for the full span of public consciousness for these types of moral failures. The majority of posters said they wouldn't take him in Buffalo even as a free agent - No free pass there. The venom meter seemed to substantially surpass that of the TSW Vick reprisals.

Once the season starts you won’t hear any more of this Vince Young story and he likely won't be suspended either from what I have read. VY seems like a good guy who just got in a bad situation.

Scheobel was the best D player on the team for a long period of time. That’s why he got paid well. His stats speak for themselves.

The race argument is dead. Look in the White House. There will always be people that find reasons to hate or hook up others based on relationship, culture, religion, ethnicity, ideals or some other superficial preconceived judgment.

If we haven't arrived yet, we are a stone's throw away from a time where any one person is as likely as another to suffer discrimination no matter what their background. And that is about as close to equality as the human race is ever going to get.

Not sure what TV you have been watching. Big Ben was rightfully pummeled in the media and suspended even though he was not convicted in a court of law. His indictment in the public eye will follow him for the full span of public consciousness for these types of moral failures. The majority of posters said they wouldn't take him in Buffalo even as a free agent - No free pass there. The venom meter seemed to substantially surpass that of the TSW Vick reprisals.

Once the season starts you won’t hear any more of this Vince Young story and he likely won't be suspended either from what I have read. VY seems like a good guy who just got in a bad situation.

Scheobel was the best D player on the team for a long period of time. That’s why he got paid well. His stats speak for themselves.

The race argument is dead. Look in the White House. There will always be people that find reasons to hate or hook up others based on relationship, culture, religion, ethnicity, ideals or some other superficial preconceived judgment.

If we haven't arrived yet, we are a stone's throw away from a time where any one person is as likely as another to suffer discrimination no matter what their background. And that is about as close to equality as the human race is ever going to get.

Awesome post and I agree 100%

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...nt-be-back.html

"Buffalo Bills defensive end Aaron Schobel says he's not returning to the team but stopped short of announcing his retirement. "

That's because he is a selfish prick who is behind the scenes trying to orchestrate a trade or a release. He should have been a man and retired at the end of last season before the draft when the Bills could have planned accordingly. Even if he does come back he won't know the play book. He will have had no time in the new 3 - 4 defense. He won't have taken advantage of a real NFL worthy strength and conditioning program and won't have any chemistry with the team.

Despite all this some people are still riding his jock. I can't help but wonder if a bunch of the people that are OK with his selfish behavior and haven't called him out were backing Jason Peters' right to choose his own destiny. Something stinks here.

Exactly, comparing Peters and Schobel is like comparing apples and oranges. Schobel didn't hold out every other season wanting a new contract, and he was much, much, much better at his position than Peters ever was. Schobel always came in to camp in shape, always came into camp period, and gave 100% on every play-Peters was the opposite. Schobel was a leader in the locker room, Peters was a cancer.