Schobel says he's not coming back

yall

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Orleans, part of a Brown trade?

However, Schobel said that he would consider a return at some point during the season if the Bills needed him to come back.

well then he better get to OTAs ASAP!

"At this point I don't think I'm going to play," Schobel told The Buffalo News on Thursday. "I'm not ready to say I'm retiring but it's in the Bills' hands."

Sounds like Aaron wants to be traded without publically forcing a trade.

At this point, who cares? See if you can trade him to a team close to his home (Dallas, Houston, KC or Tenn.

If not release him and let him do what he wants. He is a decent guy and has done enough for the team that he deserves some respect. Let him play elsewhere if he wants to.

Try this:

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...nt-be-back.html

Almost sounds like he wants to play somewhere else....Houston?

That's a really strange thing to say from him. It sounds to me like he still can't make up his mind, can't close the door, but knows he's messing with the team with his indecision. Maybe he wants someone to do it for him so he doesn't have to because he can't. It's a pretty bizarre thing to say that he will come back in the season if they need him when he has never played the position before. They need him now. :cry:

"At this point I don't think I'm going to play," Schobel told The Buffalo News on Thursday. "I'm not ready to say I'm retiring but it's in the Bills' hands."

At this point, who cares? See if you can trade him to a team close to his home (Dallas, Houston, KC or Tenn.

If not release him and let him do what he wants. He is a decent guy and has done enough for the team that he deserves some respect. Let him play elsewhere if he wants to.

Then trade him. Tough **** he is a good guy blah blah blah, he is a tradeable asset.

i've been in the camp that Schobel conducted himself with grace and calss as a Buffalo Bill. i thought he was often under-appreciated by the fan base, and was glad to have him on the team.

all that ended today. it takes you until June 10th to come out with this lame-a$$ed pussyfooted commentary that seems designed to hamstring the bills and sound like you're still a decent guy to the fans? i think this is even worse than jason peters.

That's a really strange thing to say from him. It sounds to me like he still can't make up his mind, can't close the door, but knows he's messing with the team with his indecision. Maybe he wants someone to do it for him so he doesn't have to because he can't. It's a pretty bizarre thing to say that he will come back in the season if they need him when he has never played the position before. They need him now. :cry:

Indeed, odd statement for him to make...(especially since we haven't heard anything in months).

I'm with JA...trade him for a conditional pick and keep moving forward with what you've got.

Obviously not good news, but not all that unexpected. The one thing that is unexpected is the way that he has worded this. Does it mean he won't be back this season and might reconsider next year? Does he want to play elsewhere? Is he truly serious about returning for the latter half of the season? Is this cryptic? Schobel has generally been regarded as a straight shooter, but this doesn't ring true in this case.

Tough spot for everyone. Like him or not, he's been a good member of the team for years.

Is there a better way for him to do this? I don't know, at least he's not Favreing the Bills, but . . .

If a trade can be worked, that sounds win-win. At least it sounds like he would play for someone else - closer to family.

If you could choose, would you let the company change your job to a role you didn't really fit? I know, most of us don't usually have enough power/wealth to choose otherwise, but . . .

As frustrated as we get, these guys must get fed up with it, too.

Hope it works out for him and us.

It's time to make the best of it, though.

Does this open a roster spot?

I don't think there was a lot of doubt prior to this that he 'wanted' a trade. Was there? The question in my mind is, how much is he hamstringing the Bills? Is he saying, "You can trade me to these teams or I'll retire."?

Allow me to add my $0.02 worth WTF expression. :cry:

As someone already mentioned, how is he supposed to come back in the middle of the season to play a position he's never played before? And what team would send out a bat signal in the middle of the season to some full time restaurateur out in Texas? Unless of course his real name happens to be Jack Bauer. In that case all is forgiven.

I look forward to a trade at this point, because it appears his heart isn't into this at all. I don't think Gailey is looking for a

" Oh-hum I guess I'll show up if you reaaaaaaaallly want me to." kinda attitude.