Jags DT John Henderson released

please tell me where you think Stroud is going to play?

he isnt a NT or a 3-4 DE so where exactly does he fit in with this team?

and its not like he has played well outside of his first 4 games as a Bill

He's a 3 - 4 DE. That's what Gailey said and it was obvious far before that.

He played very well last year and was playing through an injury this year.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills aren't contending for anything this year and Wood and Levitre need seasoning. No need to sign Faneca.

As for Henderson, he isn't coming to the Bills. Why would he choose to sign with a losing organization at the end of his career particularly when he'd have to play in a system he wasn't familiar with? Even if the Bills pursued him I'd have to think he could find a better option.

Why? It's called money. If we give him the best offer, he'll almost certainly be here.

He's a 3 - 4 DE. That's what Gailey said and it was obvious far before that.

He played very well last year and was playing through an injury this year.

he played well last year? what were you watching

what Gailey says now and what happens when the season starts is two different things

in my opinion Stroud isnt on the team when the season starts

I would still be all over this like stank on a prostitute.

Henderson has GREAT size to play the nose and would allow us to move Troup in gradually as opposed to throwing him to the wolves in Week 1. He would provide instant leadership in the locker room and I think would love to be reunited with his buddy Stroud.

If I were Buddy I'd make this happen by Thursday, this move makes shockingly too much sense.

So clearly that means the Bills wont do it.

He would at the very least be a solid backup.

Isn't going to happen. So let's just say Stroud Henderson and Dwan Edwards start.... Where is that going to leave Troup, Carrington, Williams, S. Johnson, and McCargo? Henderson is old now. Forget about it.

31 is not old, JMO

if we're going after recently released former stars, id rather have Faneca

Faneca has really lost it. I forget where but somebody posted a link to his stats from last year and he was abysmal.

Good in the sense of "very little" chance? Stroud looked like our best 3 - 4 DE till we picked up Edwards. He still looks like our second-best.

I have no idea where he go that from. Stroud is a very good player.

Why? It's called money. If we give him the best offer, he'll almost certainly be here.

That and he's friends with Stroud.

There really is one of these threads for every single player that is released

No, sometimes there's three or more.

he played well last year? what were you watching

what Gailey says now and what happens when the season starts is two different things

in my opinion Stroud isnt on the team when the season starts

I'd be willing to take a bet on that. Non monetary.

He's 6' 7" and 335 pds. Got the size but is too tall for NT. If we were in a 4-3, no brainer. But for a 3-4, doesn't fit.

Not to nit-pick and I'm not saying we should sign him, but there have been tall NTs over the years. Heck, Ted Washington was 6' 5"; not a big difference. DLine play is all about pad level and leverage and if a tall guy can get low pad level and leverage, his length can actually help. Just saying it wouldn't he as big a transition as one might think for a tall man.

GO BILLS!!!

well if it was me I'd get him and screw the 3-4 , LDE Edwards and Carrington DTs Stoud, Henderson, Williams, Troup RDE Maybin, Schobel-Move POZ Outside and throw Davis inside - not a world class defense but should be stout against the run

I really think Buffalo should go after him. Stroud is a DE in the new system and Kyle Willams should be a DE also, even though they say he can handle DT. Just cause he can, doesn't mean he won't be undersized and a risk in run defense.

Henderson would immediately fill our depth at DT and not put all the pressure on Troup. Right now, Troup is the only legit NT on our team, and he's a rookie. That's just begging for disaster.

Bring in Henderson and we will have

DE - Stroud, Williams, Edwards, and Carrington

NT - Henderson, Troup, and Williams (for passing downs)

To me, that is a phenominal front line with depth.

Isn't going to happen. So let's just say Stroud Henderson and Dwan Edwards start.... Where is that going to leave Troup, Carrington, Williams, S. Johnson, and McCargo? Henderson is old now. Forget about it.

i know where it leaves McCargo......out the door.