Jets CB Darrelle Revis says

Munch

on ESPN first take and a recent Mort tweet:

Corners like Darelle Revis always cite Bills' Lee Evans as one of toughest WRs to cover; Revis just did so on First Take. Evans needs help

Still wanna trade him?

Corners like Darelle Revis always cite Bills' Lee Evans as one of toughest WRs to cover; Revis just did so on First Take. Evans needs help

Still wanna trade him?

Mort may have been taking that out of context. The First Take guys asked Revis if he could rank the #1 receivers in the AFC east as to who is the toughest to cover and Revis replied with 1.) Moss 2.) Marshall 3.) Evans.

Amen. I have been saying this all along. Unfortunately some of our jackass fans think that he is the problem and isn't a #1 wr. WELL....straight from the mouth of the best CB in the league. That should close the door on the issue but some of our fans are not known to be very smart. No wonder this team is devoid of talent when one of our few stars can't get any respect and people want to get rid of him.

*sheesh*

Mort may have been taking that out of context. The First Take guys asked Revis if he could rank the #1 receivers in the AFC east as to who is the toughest to cover and Revis replied with 1.) Moss 2.) Marshall 3.) Evans.

And those where his only 3 options. So yea OP definetly took that one out of context.

If I understand correctly now:

The question and comment did not relate to the the entire NFL, but only the AFC East.

The Jets play three teams in the AFC East.

Of the three "number one" receivers that Revis faces, Revis ranks Evans third.

Listen, I do not think that Evans is a bad receiver. I think most of the people on this board think that he has talent. He is what he is. Right now, he has not played like he is one of the elite receivers in the game. He certainly is getting paid more than his performance would merit.

Still wanna trade him?

the people that bad mouth evans are nuts u get him a real QB and he would be an all pro

the people that bad mouth evans are nuts u get him a real QB and he would be an all pro

FWIW, Brandon Marshall had 101 receptions last year with Kyle Orton as the QB.

In the preceding two years with Jay Cutler (who many people on this board thought was the the second coming), Marshall had 104 and 102 receptions -- in other words, essentially the same.

FWIW, Brandon Marshall had 101 receptions last year with Kyle Orton as the QB.

In the preceding two years with Jay Cutler (who many people on this board thought was the the second coming), Marshall had 104 and 102 receptions -- in other words, essentially the same.

In his last 2 seasons, Orton has 6,774 yards (average of 3,387 yards/ season), 39 tds, and 24 INTs on both the Bears and Broncos. The last 2 years, our QBs (Fitz, Losman, Edwards) have threw for 5,555 (average of 2,778 yards/season), 31 tds, and 34 INTs.

1) Orton is a better QB than you think.

2) He is much better than any QB we have had the last 2 years.

If I understand correctly now:

The question and comment did not relate to the the entire NFL, but only the AFC East.

The Jets play three teams in the AFC East.

Of the three "number one" receivers that Revis faces, Revis ranks Evans third.

Listen, I do not think that Evans is a bad receiver. I think most of the people on this board think that he has talent. He is what he is. Right now, he has not played like he is one of the elite receivers in the game. He certainly is getting paid more than his performance would merit.

^

This.

First Take asked Revis to rank the #1 receivers in the AFC east and who is the toughest to cover. Unless I'm unaware of some new math, there's only one #1 WR per team. He ranks the Bills high-priced #1 WR dead last, behind a guy who won't run his 1st play as an AFCE WR until this coming October..

No?

IMO, WR is a 'need' position for the Bills.

Still wanna trade him?

Is that because it's hard to stay attentive knowing the ball wont come that way? or that he is just fast? Seriously, who cares if he is hard to cover? How did him being hard to cover win any football games? Most of the rational "Trade Lee" posts i read said he is a good player but little value to the Bills in the current state and might help us fill the more critical holes if somebody was willing to make a good deal for Buf.

Herschel Walker was really good, but what Dallas got for trading him really helped them build a team.

Still wanna trade him?

If we could only get him a decent QB...

:w00t:

In his last 2 seasons, Orton has 6,774 yards (average of 3,387 yards/ season), 39 tds, and 24 INTs on both the Bears and Broncos. The last 2 years, our QBs (Fitz, Losman, Edwards) have threw for 5,555 (average of 2,778 yards/season), 31 tds, and 34 INTs.

I actually think that Orton is a decent QB. I also think that Trent is one as well. The difference (in my view) is the following:

In 2009, the Denver offensive line gave up 34 sacks and 62 QB hits.

In 2009, the Bills offensive line gave up 46 sacks and 103 QB hits.

In 2008, the Bears offensive line gave up 29 sacks.

In 2008, the Bills offensive line gave up 38 sacks.

^

This.

First Take asked Revis to rank the #1 receivers in the AFC east and who is the toughest to cover. Unless I'm unaware of some new math, there's only one #1 WR per team. He ranks the Bills high-priced #1 WR dead last, behind a guy who won't run his 1st play as an AFCE WR until this coming October..

No?

IMO, WR is a 'need' position for the Bills.

It's funny how the thread creator (and/or Mort) misinterpreted Revis' comment as a compliment to Lee Evans, when it was actually a bit of a slight. People will hear whatever they want to hear.

Still wanna trade him?

Nope, Revis doesn't know what he's talking about. Didn't you see that post the other day? Evans is the 56th best receiver in the NFL. Case closed. Besides, Revis has no frame of reference. Posters on twobillsdrive however...

Still wanna trade him?

Actions speak louder than words/compliments. Revis is always assigned the other teams toughest, most dangerous wide receiver. And last year, Revis was covering TO, not Lee Evans

I actually think that Orton is a decent QB. I also think that Trent is one as well. The difference (in my view) is the following:

In 2009, the Denver offensive line gave up 34 sacks and 62 QB hits.

In 2009, the Bills offensive line gave up 46 sacks and 103 QB hits.

In 2008, the Bears offensive line gave up 29 sacks.

In 2008, the Bills offensive line gave up 38 sacks.

Agreed but that again is more evidence of why Evans doesn't get as much production as he should. On a team with a QB and oline, Evans would be a beast. He is a class guy who has been very productive in some crappy circumstances. Unfortunately like Moulds, he is wasted on bad football teams.

Nope, Revis doesn't know what he's talking about. Didn't you see that post the other day? Evans is the 56th best receiver in the NFL. Case closed. Besides, Revis has no frame of reference. Posters on twobillsdrive however...

Considering his only 3 options where Moss,Marshall, and Evans. It was a bit of a slight to Evans, because he talked about Marshall, and Moss, but just kind of mentioned Evans in passing. I mean, crap, it is what it is. Quit getting all sarcastic about something I'm beggining to doubt you saw.

Oh yeah that sounds like he said Lee Evans is the toughest reciever to cover in the NFL.

The Lee Evans love affair is getting annoying.

Actions speak louder than words/compliments. Revis is always assigned the other teams toughest, most dangerous wide receiver. And last year, Revis was covering TO, not Lee Evans

Lee is a bum. He is a #2 reciever getting paid 11 million per year! If you divide his salary with the number of catches Lee made last year it equals out to roughly 250,000 per catch!

He faces all three twice a year every year starting in 2010 for Marshall and the guys is smart. Makes sense to me he would say this b/c he has to worry about those 3 guys 6 times a year. Does not necessary mean it is 100% true but what came to mind.

Damn. Imagine if Marv would of could of do things a little differently:

1. Drated DT H. Natga or traded down with Broncos to get an extra 2nd instead of Witner.

2. Drafted the other guy they considered (probably higher on there board but lower need) in 2007 ...Darrele Revis instead of M Lynch.

I would have loved number 2 to be true b/c we would have drafted something else other than Leo McKelvin the next year (OT?/ Flacco?) and we'd have the best CB in the league!!!

He faces all three twice a year every year starting in 2010 for Marshall and the guys is smart. Makes sense to me he would say this b/c he has to worry about those 3 guys 6 times a year. Does not necessary mean it is 100% true but what came to mind.

Damn. Imagine if Marv would of could of do things a little differently:

1. Drated DT H. Natga or traded down with Broncos to get an extra 2nd instead of Witner.

2. Drafted the other guy they considered (probably higher on there board but lower need) in 2007 ...Darrele Revis instead of M Lynch.

I would have loved number 2 to be true b/c we would have drafted something else other than Leo McKelvin the next year (OT?/ Flacco?) and we'd have the best CB in the league!!!

But But But we had Ko Simpson.

Considering his only 3 options where Moss,Marshall, and Evans. It was a bit of a slight to Evans, because he talked about Marshall, and Moss, but just kind of mentioned Evans in passing. I mean, crap, it is what it is. Quit getting all sarcastic about something I'm beggining to doubt you saw.

How is saying you're the third best receiver behind Moss and Marshall a "slight?" A slight is being four spots behind Josh Reed and 49 spots behind Malcolm Floyd as was the case in that preposterous post from yesterday. I'm sure both Darrelle Revis and myself would agree with that.

How is saying you're the third best receiver behind Moss and Marshall a "slight?" A slight is being four spots behind Josh Reed and 49 spots behind Malcolm Floyd as was the case in that preposterous post from yesterday. I'm sure both Darrelle Revis and myself would agree with that.

Yeah being the worst rated #1 reciever out of three teams is really a compliment!

Give me Mike Furrey over Evans any day of the week! Mike Furrey has more heart than Evans could ever dream of having!

Amen. I have been saying this all along. Unfortunately some of our jackass fans think that he is the problem and isn't a #1 wr. WELL....straight from the mouth of the best CB in the league. That should close the door on the issue but some of our fans are not known to be very smart. No wonder this team is devoid of talent when one of our few stars can't get any respect and people want to get rid of him.

*sheesh*

How do you know for certain that Evans is a bonafide #1 receiver? I'm not being facetious, I really want to know how you know for sure? I am one of those guys that go back and forth on this issue, because there are always undefined factors that go into both arguments. Calling people that don't think he's a #1 Jackass's to me is a bit extreme, especially using Revis' comment that Evans is the 3rd hardest receiver to cover in a 4 team division, in which he plays for the other.

I would think Welker is harder to cover than Evans. Just saying.

I completely agree with your argument that comparing the QB's Marshall has had isn't accurate. But clearly Marshall is the much better receiver.

Agreed but that again is more evidence of why Evans doesn't get as much production as he should. On a team with a QB and oline, Evans would be a beast. He is a class guy who has been very productive in some crappy circumstances. Unfortunately like Moulds, he is wasted on bad football teams.

I have to disagree with you again Biscuit, at least a little bit. I think its possible that Evans could be real good with a good QB and O-line, but I can't say that for sure. It often happens that great players emerge regardless, Evans will never emerge regardless, he needs a lot of help, that by definition isn't a Beast.

Guys like Steve Smith are going to shine no matter what. I just don't think Lee has that kind of desire.

Regardless, Evans is probably one of two offensive weapons that we really do have.

Heck, he may currently be the only one as Mr. Lynch seems to have more important things to do than come to work out with his new teammates, coach, etc. And that is not a slam on Fred Jackson.

Anyone talking about trading Evans is a stone cold retard.

Evans is a great player who has never even had a good QB throw to him. He has yet to play with a good QB and yet has very good numbers. I feel sorry for the guy.

If he played with Manning he would be well on his way to a Pro Bowl career.

I am glad to see the best CB in the league give Lee some respect as many on message boards (who seem to know so much more) actually say idiotic things like trade the guy.

Give me Mike Furrey over Evans any day of the week! Mike Furrey has more heart than Evans could ever dream of having!

The ONLY reason that I can think of as to why this post was not torn to shreds is because most have you on ignore.

Which I guess makes me the dummy for allowing myself to see the filthy garbage you continue to spew.... :bag: