trade lee evans

flabill

IMO we should trade Lee Evans for a 1st rd pick in next years draft. This team is far from bein any good, and by the time we are any good lee will be at the tail end of his career. I know everyones going to say "who are we going to throw the ball to then"? my answer it doesnt matter the Bills are an at best 6-10 football team for the next 2-3yrs. So get the value while we can

IMO we should trade Lee Evans for a 1st rd pick in next years draft. This team is far from bein any good, and by the time we are any good lee will be at the tail end of his career. I know everyones going to say "who are we going to throw the ball to then"? my answer it doesnt matter the Bills are an at best 6-10 football team for the next 2-3yrs. So get the value while we can

Let me be the first to say... :thumbsup:

No one will give a first rounder for Evans! If someone wants to, great! But that is just crackerdogs. Lee's the one decent receiver we have. Let's be realistic on this page!

I would let go of Lee and is overpaid salary any day of the week. The problem is nobody would ever give up a 1st for him. There are plenty of undersized but quick receivers in the draft that a team can take in later rounds. Lee really isnt that good. If anything thinks he is they need to watch real football and not just the Bills games.

lee evans is far and away your best player on offense.....he is considered a top 10 receiver in all of football.....he is worth two number ones draft picks......at some point, it makes no sense to trade away a proven player for a possible successful draft pick.....i would keep lee evans.

No we wouldn't get a 1st for him. Thats just silly but it won't be because of his "salary" as everybody around here says. Look at the following years, according to Rotoworld: " 2010: $5.4 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2011-2012: $3.025 million (+ $1 million roster bonuses, 2013: Free Agent. Cap charge: $9.87 million (2009)."

Basically some team would have to take a 8.4 mil hit this year (in an uncapped climate) to get a pretty good bargain down the road. Yeah we're getting a bargain the last two years of the deal but we've underutilized Lee every year he's been here.

We can probably get pretty good value for him if we asked. And really this year is it going to matter that much if Lee is on the roster or not? It hasn't mattered since Loserman.

Great receiver, probably get some decent value from a contender but it won't happen.

I would let go of Lee and is overpaid salary any day of the week. The problem is nobody would ever give up a 1st for him. There are plenty of undersized but quick receivers in the draft that a team can take in later rounds. Lee really isnt that good. If anything thinks he is they need to watch real football and not just the Bills games.

You guys who think Lee should be traded are plain nuts. Listen Get an offensive line in place first, Get a QB who can throw, then evaluate Lee Evans. He is a very good receiver, but somebody has to throw him the ball that has enough protection to throw it. The guy has had how many QB's now? 5. Obviously, The QB is the problem, but more importantly, Our line sucks. We have the running backs. That's all we have on offense. Get another WR to draw his double coverage away too and we have a good team. Lee Evans is not the problem, and getting rid of him to get another player in the draft is crazy. That's counter-productive. Lee is still young.

lee evans is far and away your best player on offense.....he is considered a top 10 receiver in all of football.....he is worth two number ones draft picks......at some point, it makes no sense to trade away a proven player for a possible successful draft pick.....i would keep lee evans.

I agree entirely with this point. But has it mattered? The only reason why I'd keep him is to see how Chan will use him. But if he isn't used again this year, any trade value he may have had is done. Right now we might be able to get a 2nd and a flyer on him (in the deepest draft in a while). I'd say we'd get a better deal than the Boldin 3rd and 4th because a new team probably wouldn't have to give him a new contract. His contract is a perfect trade chip (as I mentioned above).

But if we do wait a year after another wasted and failed campaign we probably couldn't get squat for him. Does anyone actually think the bills are going to be anything but rebuilding this year? We as fans need to understand that in order to be respectable again we need to maximize the value of our assets. Lee will be 30 next March. He will never have the same value after this year. We should get what we can while we still can.

Unless we (once again) think we can win this year

Lee is a great #2 and no one is going to pay a first round pick for a #2 WR.

This is what drugs do to your brain :thumbsup: .

Stay off the drugs son!

I agree entirely with this point. But has it mattered? The only reason why I'd keep him is to see how Chan will use him. But if he isn't used again this year, any trade value he may have had is done. Right now we might be able to get a 2nd and a flyer on him (in the deepest draft in a while). I'd say we'd get a better deal than the Boldin 3rd and 4th because a new team probably wouldn't have to give him a new contract. His contract is a perfect trade chip (as I mentioned above).

But if we do wait a year after another wasted and failed campaign we probably couldn't get squat for him. Does anyone actually think the bills are going to be anything but rebuilding this year? We as fans need to understand that in order to be respectable again we need to maximize the value of our assets. Lee will be 30 next March. He will never have the same value after this year. We should get what we can while we still can.

Unless we (once again) think we can win this year

Agreed. By the time we're ready to win, LE will be at least 32. If someone offered up a first rounder, I'd jump on it. That offer isn't coming, IMO.

I dont feel right now we could get a 1 either. But, if a team cant get the WR they want in the 1st rd this yr LE trade value goes up potenially having a team to give us a 1 next yr. We need as many picks as possible over the next two years to make this team better.

This is called being a Homer or myopic. It is when a person only sees football from the perspective of a fan of their favorite team. While this is to be applauded from a loyalty standpoint, it is to be corrected when it comes to sound football thought.

Lee Evans is not a top 10 receiver in the league. He could be with solid quarterback play. Lee Evans is not worth two first round picks. He isn't worth one.

I agree with you that Lee Evans should be kept, but please go beyond your "Fandom" before you end up putting Lee Evans ahead of Jerry Rice in the Hall.

Are you kidding me??? Way to put some thought in before posting... :thumbsup:

Excellent notion. It is always a good idea for rebuilding teams to create further deficiencies at a position with little depth.

Cut Eric Wood while we're at it. He clearly can't stay healthy.

you sir should take your own advice.

I would trade Lee Evans or anyone else for that matter- IF we could get value for him. Lee Evans isn't a bad WR, he is actually pretty good. He seems limited, but hasn't been asked to do a lot, other than going deep. Nobody is giving up a first round pick, but he could be part of a package deal.

My guess is that he is staying put, but will be running more short patterns than he has in the past, unless he shows he can't do that.

:thumbsup:

This is called being a Homer or myopic. It is when a person only sees football from the perspective of a fan of their favorite team. While this is to be applauded from a loyalty standpoint, it is to be corrected when it comes to sound football thought.

Lee Evans is not a top 10 receiver in the league. He could be with solid quarterback play. Lee Evans is not worth two first round picks. He isn't worth one.

I agree with you that Lee Evans should be kept, but please go beyond your "Fandom" before you end up putting Lee Evans ahead of Jerry Rice in the Hall.

the sporting news ranks Lee as the 8th best WR in the NFL

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/20...t-are-cardinals

I'd like to point out that during the last season in which any semblance of season-long QB competance came out of Buffalo--Losman's 2006 season in which he threw for over 3,000 yards with 19 TDs and 14 INTs (please look past the fact that it was Losman long enough to realize that this was the last halfway decent Bills' QB performance this decade)--Evans caught 82 passes for almost 1,300 yards and 8 TDs...that would have made him a top 10 WR this past year.

I also find it interesting that he even managed to snare 7 TDs in last season's display of miserable quarterbacking, and boasted a YPR (13.9) that ranked ahead of guys like Hines Ward (12.3), Anquan Boldin (12.2), Larry Fitzgerald (11.1), Dallas Clark (11.1), and Wes Welker (11.0), all of whom had what most reasonable folks would consider excellent QBs throwing them the ball. He also had as many TD catches as guys like Austin Collie, both Steve Smiths, Mike Sims-Walker, and Derrick Mason, and had 1 fewer TD as Sidney Rice and Antonio Gates...and did it all while ensnaring a mere 2.8 catches per game.

And this is a person that some of you want to trade away?

Perhaps, instead of trading a guy that can do that with Losman/Edwards/Fitzpatrick-level QB play, Buffalo should focus on getting a QB that can give this guy a chance to do more of what he does.

Just my 1 cent.

I'd like to point out that during the last season in which any semblance of season-long QB competance came out of Buffalo--Losman's 2006 season in which he threw for over 3,000 yards with 19 TDs and 14 INTs (please look past the fact that it was Losman long enough to realize that this was the last halfway decent Bills' QB performance this decade)--Evans caught 82 passes for almost 1,300 yards and 8 TDs...that would have made him a top 10 WR this past year.

I also find it interesting that he even managed to snare 7 TDs in last season's display of miserable quarterbacking, and boasted a YPR (13.9) that ranked ahead of guys like Hines Ward (12.3), Anquan Boldin (12.2), Larry Fitzgerald (11.1), Dallas Clark (11.1), and Wes Welker (11.0), all of whom had what most reasonable folks would consider excellent QBs throwing them the ball. He also had as many TD catches as guys like Austin Collie, both Steve Smiths, Mike Sims-Walker, and Derrick Mason, and had 1 fewer TD as Sidney Rice and Antonio Gates...and did it all while ensnaring a mere 2.8 catches per game.

Perhaps, instead of trading a guy that can do that with Losman/Edwards/Fitzpatrick-level QB play, Buffalo should focus on getting a QB that can give this guy a chance to do more of what he does.

Just my 1 cent.

Wow someone with common sense.... thank you sir

Just my 1 cent.

When you break down his stats , its a no-brainer. He could almost be a franchise WR. His career storyline is almost identical to Eric Moulds' tenure in Buffalo. All-pro receiver + ****ty QB = Mediocre/Underachieving WR

Just my 1 cent.

He wasn't even the #1 reciever last year! He had single coverage all of the time, and he still had a mediocre year!

He wasn't even the #1 reciever last year! He had single coverage all of the time, and he still had a mediocre year!

With one of the worst OL's since the neolithic era, leading to a terrible offense and an undependable defense.

Gonna call this as I see it without getting carried away: This is one of the most idiotic posts I have read this off-season!!

Lee Evans is one of the few bright spots we have on the team, along with Brian Moorman, Jarius Byrd, and Fred Jackson!!

We don't need to create a hole where there isn't one either. We have enough holes..

and yes I agree 6-10 is about where the Bills probably will be this year..I actually have predicted 5-11 depending how the draft works out. With good drafting and a couple of good mid-range FA signings I expect the team to be 8-8 in 2011 (If there's not a lockout!)...and for 2012 based on gradual improvement which is purely a guess at this point I'll predict 10-6. Normally a team who shifts from the 4-3 to the 3-4 has a very poor initial year after the change in defensive philosophy goes into effect. So I expect this..but I think the 3-4 defense will eventually help us against our division foes which will greatly enhance our prospects of winning once the defensive unit gels and fully understands the 3-4. :thumbsup:

Gonna call this as I see it without getting carried away: This is one of the most idiotic posts I have read this off-season!!

Lee Evans is one of the few bright spots we have on the team, along with Brian Moorman, Jarius Byrd, and Fred Jackson!!

We don't need to create a hole where there isn't one either. We have enough holes..

and yes I agree 6-10 is about where the Bills probably will be this year..I actually have predicted 5-11 depending how the draft works out. With good drafting and a couple of good mid-range FA signings I expect the team to be 8-8 in 2011 (If there's not a lockout!)...and for 2012 based on gradual improvement which is purely a guess at this point I'll predict 10-6. Normally a team who shifts from the 4-3 to the 3-4 has a very poor initial year after the change in defensive philosophy goes into effect. So I expect this..but I think the 3-4 defense will eventually help us against our division foes which will greatly enhance our prospects of winning once the defensive unit gels and fully understands the 3-4. :thumbsup:

Idiotic post really? IF we have a good draft. IF we sign some free agents. 2011 u think 8-8? 1st off the bills havent drafted well, nor have they signed any good free agents in a decade.. second u predict itll be 2012 before the bills compete for playoff spot, and at this point how good do u think lee evans will be? Itll be the end of his contract as well as the tail end of his career. you trade him now get his high vaule so that by 2012 we have the players to do well.. Talk about idiotic post.

I don't think anyone would fork over a 1st for a 29 year-old WR, a good player for sure, but his name isn't bandied about much outside of Buffalo. "Stat-wise", he doesn't shine that much, and I realize the qbs and coaches he's had. I don't know exactly what his contract status and $$$ is, but IIRC, it's up there.