While Nix & Co. enjoy Easter weekend, Skins steal McNabb

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A second and a third for a QB on the downside of his career who continues to exhibit quationable decision-making for a team not on the cusp of the playoffs. Yeah, that's why you do what you do and GMs are GMs.

A similar deal would have him in the AFC east. Then grab the LT released by the cowboys. What is so difficult?

Other teams just move faster.

I don't think this has anything to do with how fast any team moved, this speculation of a McNabb trade has been going on for weeks. McNabb did not want to be in Buffalo, multiple sources have said this. I am sure there was some sort of agreement as far as acceptable places for him to land. I just don't why whenever something we think should happen for this team doesn't happen it becomes a case of ineptitude on the FO's part??

i'm pretty sure that if nix and co. thought that mcnabb would make the difference they were looking for then they would've been more agressive in their pursuit.

also, it's not as though they didn't make an effort, they were involved in discussions...i just think that they believe more fervently that building through the draft is the way to go...

A similar deal would have him in the AFC east. Then grab the LT released by the cowboys. What is so difficult?

McNabb - Don't want him. And I'll bet he doesn't want us either.

As for the LT that Cowboys released, Flozell Adams. We had our chance to draft him about 10 years ago. His career is coming to an end, time to move on.

McNabb didnt want to come here. Besides, trading for a 35 year old QB and signing a 35 year old LT isn't the best idea for long-term success, is it?

Some people will never comprehend what you just said. They only complain when we don't sign people. They don't think about the plethora of factors that go into a move like this. The poster says some teams just move faster. Wow. They guy has been on the market for weeks. You can't talk to these people intelligently.

McNabb didnt want to come here. Besides, trading for a 35 year old QB and signing a 35 year old LT isn't the best idea for long-term success, is it?

You're absolutely right #5 wanted no part of Buffalo or Oakland. Out of respect, Reid didn't send him to a place he did not want to be.

True McNabb didn't want to come here. Keep in mind he is only 33 years old. I guess the point is Nix and Co. should have short and long term plans for winning. Doesn't seem like there is a plan for winning in the short term. Not to judge them too early I would like to wait and see the product they put on the field before I judge. I thought they would put more effort in solidifying the QB position.

Are you really this numb? McNabb told Reid NO BUFFALO! This was reported well before now and linked on this board. NO RAIDERS, NO BUFFALO!

Now what is so difficult to understand he didn't want to be here so attempting to trade for him would be STUPID?

Lets face facts here, McNabb is a top 10 "franchise" QB, and with a decent O line and team around him they are playoff contenders.

The Bills didn't want him because they didn't want his 11 million dollar a year contract...

So we now know the Redskins will draft an OT.

Lets face facts here, McNabb is a top 10 "franchise" QB, and with a decent O line and team around him they are playoff contenders.

The Bills didn't want him because they didn't want his 11 million dollar a year contract...

So we now know the Redskins will draft an OT.

Or because they prefer to build through the draft, and don't think that a 30-something QB is the end-all solution to their long-term problem.

Some people will never comprehend what you just said. They only complain when we don't sign people. They don't think about the plethora of factors that go into a move like this. The poster says some teams just move faster. Wow. They guy has been on the market for weeks. You can't talk to these people intelligently.

Exactly right...there is no way this regime is going to trade away picks...especially

for a player on the downside of his career..we are building thru the draft....didn't

anyone watch buddy's new conference...the only trades we are doing is for more

picks....with that said, I bet we move kelsay during the draft for a pick, and I don't

see these guys taking clausen at 9...we either trade down to someone who wants

clausen...I still believe our first pick will be a pass rusher...Derek Morgan...then we

go NT...then oline......look for draft day movement from the bills...No I'm gettting

exited.....I believe chan will make edwards paly the qb position right....he can make

lemonade out of lemons and boy our qb's are lemons but trent has most upside.....

The real scenario would have been renting McNabb for a season, watching him bolt to another team, and having burned 2 top 100 draft choices in deep drafts for another season of not making the playoffs.

Brilliant.

Exactly.

But now we do miss out on the lead story on Sports Center...

Aside from the obvious mentioned, the brilliant minds in this post screaming for us to get McNabb have failed to consider that the 'skins have a higher pick than us. If you're the Eagles, do you take pick #41 or pick #37?

Exactly right...there is no way this regime is going to trade away picks...especially

for a player on the downside of his career..we are building thru the draft....didn't

anyone watch buddy's new conference...the only trades we are doing is for more

picks....

So then why did we call the Eagles and offer them anything at all? Just to do something un-regime-y? Obviously someone thought it was a good idea to go after McNabb.

So then why did we call the Eagles and offer them anything at all? Just to do something un-regime-y? Obviously someone thought it was a good idea at one time

The Bills interest most likely ended after DM's management team let it be known he wouldn't sign a contract extension here...

Let me explain it for you. You may want to read it slowly

Andy Reid didn't want to send McNabb to Buffalo or Oakland

McNabb didn't want to come to Buffalo, and wasn't likely to sign an extension

And maybe it's just possible that the FO thought it a better long term strategy to use those picks to draft young players to build the team instead of trading them for an aging overrated has-been who's played his entire career in ideal conditions and can't handle pressure.

What's so difficult to understand?

it usually takes two to complete a trade - but in this case it would have taken three - mcnabb would have had to agree to a contract extension - you know this - everyone know this - stop bashing when there is nothing to bash about - and your topic title is pathetic - just pathetic

I definitely wanted McNabb here, and the "sour grapes" reaction of perpetually slighted Bills fans drives me nuts. And I don't buy the other stock phrase we hear every week around here, "He didn't want to be here." More people would "want to be here" if Ralph wasn't such a cheap, meddling monkey.

That allllllll said, the price was just too high in the end.

McNabb would never have won a big game. Without a chance to win much games here, his head would have been anywhere but Buffalo. He's had too much MSG from that Chunky soup. It's better he's not here. We'd be picking #9-15 again next year.

I definitely wanted McNabb here, and the "sour grapes" reaction of perpetually slighted Bills fans drives me nuts. And I don't buy the other stock phrase we hear every week around here, "He didn't want to be here." More people would "want to be here" if Ralph wasn't such a cheap, meddling monkey.

What do you think makes Buffalo, NY attractive to anyone, much less a top market team like the Skins?

The real scenario would have been renting McNabb for a season, watching him bolt to another team, and having burned 2 top 100 draft choices in deep drafts for another season of not making the playoffs.

Brilliant.

Thank you! :wallbash:

What do you think makes Buffalo, NY attractive to anyone, much less a top market team like the Skins?

The Canadian Ballet, of course...and the horizontal rain/snow, JV offensive line, one legit WR, NYS tax burden, etc.