McNabb to the Bills for Picks?

I don't know if I would characterize trading a second or third round pick for a good QB as "mortgaging the future".

Yes, the trade i proposed earlier is not mortgaging the future. (Swappin 1st's and giving up a 4th) You still have a 1st, be it a late one, and you give up a 4th, or a guy hoping to at least make the practice aquad.

For a dang good QB who can "zing th thing" all over the place.

McNabb never had a very efficient running game, which would take more of the pressure off of him. Our running game is better than Phili's

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

asking if we are still even in the league...laughing because we voted against the new overtime rule in the playoffs because we don't make the playoffs therefore we don't care about the playoffs....talking about playing 'games' in canada and how we are closer to being in the CFL rather than the NFL....same old kind of stuff we are used to hearing.....of course it was all done tongue in cheek, but it still was painful to listen to

how were they blasting the Bills? Cuz we would be getting their QB?

And Buffalo has less talent than Philly...so unless McNabb can block for himself and somehow catch his own passes, mortgaging the future to "win now" (which they might not do anyway) is not going to solve the problem. We went down the same dead end road with Bledsoe.

Where do you get this "win now" stuff anyway? Nix has already said this is a multi-year rebuilding effort.

Come on, you cant be serious. McNabb has only had a true #1 reciever barely over 3 seasons. He had TO for a season and a half and D. Jax about a season and half when you factor in injuries and youth.

Thats it...and to top it off, he never had a quality #2 either in those years. Truth is, Mcnabb has done more with less better than just about any QB I have ever seen. He made players who are no better than #3 WR's into starters and still got his teams to the NFC championship games and even the SB (as TO missed all the playoff games to get to the SB).

Buffalo's WR's right now would LITERALLY be the best group of WR's he has really had in his entire career. Even when they had TO they had nothing else. The group in Phi is quite promising, but D. Jax and Evans are really a very similar player except D. Jax actually has someone to get him the ball, but I think Evans is a better overall player and with a real QB he will finally show that. Our young guys are promising too.

The only thing Phi has over us right now on offense really is a better O Line...but if we get a LT at #9, and with the recovery of Wood, our O Line would be up and coming. Actually, Phi TE Celek has to be considered currently better than Nelson, but Nelson has way more upside in the passing game and this is only his second year.

AGREE...AGREE...AGREE...when did a 33-yr old qb become "old"??? Did anyone see a decline in McNabb"s #'s??? He has a lot to prove and at least 5 more years in the proverbial tank IMO!

When the 33-yr old qb has had 573 career rushing attempts.

McNabb for a conditional third. The Bill's third round pick this year...then if the Bills make the playoffs (with McNabb playing the majority of their games) they get next year's second, or if the Bills have a winning record (with McNabb playing the majority of their games) they get our next year's third. That is the MOST I would offer the Eagles for about the tenth best QB in the NFL with injury issues and who has only about two productive years left.

Where did you get your crystal ball. I would love to get one so I can tell the future too. Two years, huh?

He brought his team to the playoffs more than 8 times, 4 consecutive NFC Championships, has had terrible receivers at times (unless you consider hank Baskett, Freddy Mitchell good ones).

When was the last time teh Bills have a winning season, let alone playoffs?

What you said. I think some Bills fans have gone crazy. A Hall of Fame QB is not good enough now? Wow. Yet, all anyone says is the QB's on the roster suck. Most don't want Clausen or Tebow. Folks would rather keep that 3rd round pick and take Dan LeFevour, who might be good at some point, but who knows. Newsflash; if they get McNabb they will draft a QB to bring along behind him this year or next. If McNabb is available for the right price they should get him and do it quickly.

When the 33-yr old qb has had 573 career rushing attempts.

Steve Young played until he was 38, and had one of his best statistical years when he was 37 (over 4,000 yds and 36 TDs). He also had 489 career rushing attempts at age 33.

John Elway played until he was 38 and didn't win a Superbowl until he was 37. He also had 538 career rushing attempts at the age of 33.

Steve Young played until he was 38, and had one of his best statistical years when he was 37 (over 4,000 yds and 36 TDs). He also had 489 career rushing attempts at age 33.

John Elway played until he was 38 and didn't win a Superbowl until he was 37. He also had 538 career rushing attempts at the age of 33.

Oh c'mon man! Those are two Hall of Fame QBs! McNabb is starting way down the QB skills scale compared to those two QBs.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/2010...ing_a_stir.html

Says McNabb to the Bills for picks, is all the buzz.

If we can have him for a #3 pick fine ... but he is far from the quarterback he once was ... his passes often fall short and out of the reach of his receivers ... Philly cannot go into the preseason with all 3 of these guys so the pressure is on them especially since they have had to pay Vick his roster bonus.

Offer them a #4 and bend to a #3 or a 2015 #2 with conditions haha.

B-) time for us to do some draft pick stealing and stop the damage ...

Yes, the trade i proposed earlier is not mortgaging the future. (Swappin 1st's and giving up a 4th) You still have a 1st, be it a late one, and you give up a 4th, or a guy hoping to at least make the practice aquad.

For a dang good QB who can "zing th thing" all over the place.

McNabb never had a very efficient running game, which would take more of the pressure off of him. Our running game is better than Phili's

I like this idea a lot. Bills are not in a position to give up a lot of draft picks, but if we still had a pick in the 1st 3 rounds and got McNabb, then we're immediately better but still able to build for the future.

I got it at a magic shop on the jersey shore. It said that McNabb has only two more decent years tops as an NFL starter.

Was at the same magic shop ... amazing that guy is starting to be a major source of NFL news for discussion boards. All you have to do is read almost half of the opinions here and you know that's where everyone is going for their inside info! B-):devil:

Reid is a genius when it comes to designing passing plays - to his own detriment. McNabb has never been protected by a running game. I believe he had several years of 60-40 pass-run ratio. Yes he has mastered the West Coast system, but he's also a very good athlete and a smart player (putting aside the overtime brainfart). You give him a decent running game and don't ask him to sling it out every single game and he is an elite QB. I'm not sure what I'd give for him in terms of draft picks, a 2nd by itself seems steep to me but that may be what it takes. I don't want to wait 4-5 more years while we develop a young QB. Draft a LT in Round 1, trade a pick or two for McNabb, and grab Skelton in the 5th round to develop under him.

Was at the same magic shop ... amazing that guy is starting to be a major source of NFL news for discussion boards. All you have to do is read almost half of the opinions here and you know that's where everyone is going for their inside info! B-):devil:

I hear it's the same guy who sucker punched Snookie.

Its a no brainer to me, if you can get McNabb without giving up too much-YOU DO IT!!!

Was just watching Sportcenter and Andy Reid just said they are now entertaining trade offers for their 3 QB'S. Which is the first time the Eagles have come out and said this

So what do the rest of the Bills fans think?

I have heard on the tv and NFL radio that the talk is about a second rounder for him. Get an OT in the first round and McNabb for a second rounder and we would have a significantly improved offense. Interesting possibility. He is 33 and should have significant years left, despite a pretty serious series of injuries. I'm ambivalent, but leaning a little more toward the idea of going for it.

Its a no brainer to me, if you can get McNabb without giving up too much-YOU DO IT!!!

Was just watching Sportcenter and Andy Reid just said they are now entertaining trade offers for their 3 QB'S. Which is the first time the Eagles have come out and said this

So what do the rest of the Bills fans think?

Yes, without question. I am so frickin tired of losing and this losing organization it isn't funny.

I say grab Vick...D Mac is better, but if you THINK the eagles will move him for anything less than a second, you're smoking...and if it is a second rounder it better come with more picks to...you could brink in Vick for less and still get the OT, NT, and edge pass rusher we need...

I have heard on the tv and NFL radio that the talk is about a second rounder for him. Get an OT in the first round and McNabb for a second rounder and we would have a significantly improved offense. Interesting possibility. He is 33 and should have significant years left, despite a pretty serious series of injuries. I'm ambivalent, but leaning a little more toward the idea of going for it.

and there it is. this dude knows what hes talking about. we're not going to get bradford or clausen so that leaves us with the obvious choice of grabbing an ot in the first. give the eagles a second this year or next year for mcnabb. we can still get a young guy in next years draft or even the year after. you know who else got injured alot? steve young. i'll trade a second any day for steve young or mcnabb

No. He is a bandaid to a bigger problem. We need a young franchise QB. Not someone who will be out of the league in a few years.

No offense intended, but that is B.S. He is much younger than Kurt Warner was when he went to the Cards, and they ended up in the Superbowl. The guy in 11 season, has never thrown close to as many interceptions as touchdowns. Last season he threw 22 TDs and only 10 picks, most of our QBs have it the other way around. He has been in what, 3 or 4 NFC Championship games and led his team (with their best offensive weapon out) to the Superbowl. He might not be Joe Montana, but would still be at his age, so much better than anyone that we have had since Jim Kelly retired. He has started all 16 games 4 times and at least 14 three other times, Kelly missed more games than that if I am not mistaken. I am not by any means dissing Kelly, he is my all-time favorite player, but McNabb has never come close to having the offensive weapons around him that Kelly had. How many teams over the past decade have went from pretty much last to first? Quite a few if I remember correctly. The days of building a franchise for 4or 5 seasons are long gone. Teams turn it around in a year or two, and other like us just stay bad year after year.

and 33 isn't all that old. Warner is 39, Collins 35, Farvre, Garcia et al. It is so hard to know when a qb is no longer in his prime. McNabb might be good for up to 3 or 4 years. I'd take a chance on him as he needs no training and could improve this team from the get-go. In the interim we could evaluate and deal with the issue of whether TE or Fitz or the new guy are the guys for the future (I'm doubtful, but we'd have the chance to assess them) and to probably draft a qb from a much stronger draft year for qb's than this year. I'm leaning more and more toward this option.

No offense intended, but that is B.S. He is much younger than Kurt Warner was when he went to the Cards, and they ended up in the Superbowl. The guy in 11 season, has never thrown close to as many interceptions as touchdowns. Last season he threw 22 TDs and only 10 picks, most of our QBs have it the other way around. He has been in what, 3 or 4 NFC Championship games and led his team (with their best offensive weapon out) to the Superbowl. He might not be Joe Montana, but would still be at his age, so much better than anyone that we have had since Jim Kelly retired. He has started all 16 games 4 times and at least 14 three other times, Kelly missed more games than that if I am not mistaken. I am not by any means dissing Kelly, he is my all-time favorite player, but McNabb has never come close to having the offensive weapons around him that Kelly had. How many teams over the past decade have went from pretty much last to first? Quite a few if I remember correctly. The days of building a franchise for 4or 5 seasons are long gone. Teams turn it around in a year or two, and other like us just stay bad year after year.

No, Jim Kelly didn't miss that many games...kelly played 160 of 176 or about 91% of his games....D Mac played 141 of 176 or about 81%....he's still better than anything we've seen in a long time though...

The writer of the article that started this whole thing just recently tweeted:

Link

Usually players deny trade rumors if false. So this may have legs. He had to have been told about the possibility, or am i reading to far into that... :devil:

Or is this going to far... Mcnabb's cover for being here two months ago was his nieces B'ball game, but really he was looking for a place to live and checking out the city... B-):cry:;)

No, Jim Kelly didn't miss that many games...kelly played 160 of 176 or about 91% of his games....D Mac played 141 of 176 or about 81%....he's still better than anything we've seen in a long time though...

Are you a real bills fan...? We just don't compare Jim Kelly to ANY quarterback. He is the quarterback of quarterbacks, the best who ever played the game, the guy of guys...

Well...at least to us.

I like a number of possible scenarios in this post. Trading down on one and giving a fourth sounds doable

A third round pick would be terrific.

A second round pick would be a stretch, but I'd be willing to go that far.

I wonder if they are looking for a safety or other player where a trade and/or a very low round draft might work.

33 isn't that old, although he has been banged up a lot. His stats aren't bad, and if he's got two to three good years left, I'd say go for it as long as we can still address the o-line.