McNabb to the Bills for Picks?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we build a new team by trading draft picks for a veteran QB??

I mean, sure, McNabb's a gamer but I just don't see how trading needed picks for a mid-30's QB will turn the fortunes of the team around.

Maybe they're tired of building through mediocre draft picks, and they have decided to invest in proven talent? I don't know. It worked for New Orleans

I mean, sure, McNabb's a gamer but I just don't see how trading needed picks for a mid-30's QB will turn the fortunes of the team around.

Outside of a 1st round pick to get a LT, what picks do we really need? It's not like rds 2-7 have any guaranteed pro-bowlers. Why not trade for a guy who might have 3-5 years left and give the team a ligit shot at the playoffs, instead of hoarding picks so that we can win 3-4 games next year?

PS: Gailey saying he wants the QB settled before the draft indicates he wants someone other than the current 3 & does not want to go to camp with the open QB competition. I don't know if he's thinking McNabb or someone else, but he's not thinking his QB will be named Trent, Ryan or Brian.

There are other factors in play here though.

1) They love Kevin Kolb, and want him to be the guy for the next 10 years.

2) McNabb and Kolb are both unrestricted free agents after this season, meaning you won't be able to sign both to a long term deal after this season, because both will want starters money and starters jobs.

3) If you have decided that Kolb is your future, than it means one more year of McNabb until you turn the keys over. So, it's either trade McNabb now and get value for him, or let him play out his contract and walk away for nothing after next season.

What would you say to swapping firsts, getting McNabb and giving up a 4th round pick?

Rumor is they dont want a first anymore...lowered asking price.

If we get McNabb, keep our first round pick and draft a starting LOT, Wood fully recovers, draft Danario Alexander in rd 4, we would have a respectable but not great offense.

All we would need to round it out is to sign T.O!!!!! He could take the double team off of Lee. hahhahahahaha

where there's smoke there's fire??

Chan Gailey was quoted yesterday as saying they would like the QB position settled before the draft.....that only happens with a trade.

Andy Reid was quoted yesterday as saying they are "entertaining" offers.

i prefer Kolb only......neither vick or mcnabb excite me.

McNabb for a conditional third. The Bill's third round pick this year...then if the Bills make the playoffs (with McNabb playing the majority of their games) they get next year's second, or if the Bills have a winning record (with McNabb playing the majority of their games) they get our next year's third. That is the MOST I would offer the Eagles for about the tenth best QB in the NFL with injury issues and who has only about two productive years left.

McNabb for a conditional third. The Bill's third round pick this year...then if the Bills make the playoffs (with McNabb playing the majority of their games) they get next year's second, or if the Bills have a winning record (with McNabb playing the majority of their games) they get our next year's third. That is the MOST I would offer the Eagles for about the tenth best QB in the NFL with injury issues and who has only about two productive years left.

Hes 33, hasnt missed only 4 games in the past 3 years.... and hes the saem age as tom brady and manning... both of whom had knee surgeries like mcnabb. so what injury issues are you referencing?

Ya know, I hate to say this b/c everyone refers to him as a "gamer", BUT doesn't McNabb seem to get hurt a lot?

Throw that in with being 33 years old and I think it is a little optimistic for people to view this guy as having 3-5 years (let alone even productive years, at that) left.

Spice it up with some bad Bills OL play and I just don't think it is a good mix.

McNabb isn't going anywhere because Andy Reid has a love affair with him. As long as Reid is the head coach, McNabb will be an Eagle.
Wrong, I think Andy's love affair with McNabb is over and would trade him away, who would have thought they would simply release Brian Westbrook?

The ONLY reason McNabb is not coming to Buffalo is because he has a no trade clause in his contract, which doesn't mean he can't be traded. It means he has the right to refuse any trade to a team he doesn't want to play for, the man would be an utter fool to come to Buffalo at this point in his career, he wants a ring and to play for a decent team!!

Chan Gailey would be a even bigger fool to bring in an aging injury prone QB who has shown he can't handle pressure any better then TE. The Eagles O line and entire offense,players, scheme, system, game planning is 1000% better then the Bills and he couldn't get his team into the playoffs.

Trading away precious draft picks that the team needs to rebuild for an older QB that would need to learn a new system and be surrounded by players and coaches learning a new system would be very jauron-ish and instantly give me reason to think the team mentality hasn't changed at all from last season.