McNabb to the Bills for Picks?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor: McNabb to Rams for pick #33

Rumor is unfortunately false.

Also, persistent rumors have been making the rounds of the Eagles trading McNabb to the Rams for the first pick in the second round of the 2010 draft.

That rumor heated up today, as Mike Missanelli of 97.5 The Fanatic in Philly was discussing it on the air. He eventually pointed out that Chris Mortensen of ESPN had informed him via text that he had checked out the story with both parties, and that there's nothing to it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-talk-heats-up/

I want this McNabb temptation away from Nix as quickly as possible

Latest rumor has Mcnabb traded to Rams for their first...

http://www.bucem.com/2010/3/24/1388655/not...ams-traded-33rd

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eag..._the_table.html

here it says its not confirmed but an offer has been made. IF this goes through, how does it affect the draft? You know the Lions won't take Bradford, the Bucs have both Freeman and Johnson, the Redskins would, obviously. Does that put Claussen in play for us? (Not that I want him actually).

per rotoworld. McNabb oks deal to Rams, but would NOT play for Buffalo. Has it gotten that bad?

The Philadelphia Daily News reports the Eagles, indeed, have an offer on the table that would send Donovan McNabb to the Rams in exchange for the No. 33 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

According to Eagles beat writer Jeff McLane, McNabb "could be in a Rams uniform by the end of the day, possibly by the end of the week." An NFL source says the deal is "not yet completed," but McNabb has OK'd the trade if St. Louis extends his contract. He is not willing to play in Buffalo or Oakland

EDIT TO ADD: More I think about it I doubt this happens. Donovan has no incentive to want to come here and it's not like the Eagles are desperate to get rid of him.

It depends on the Eagles current direction. If they are planning on starting Kolb, a trade to continue starting is incentive for McNabb. He may not want to stay longterm, unfortunately, and I wouldn't make the deal w/o an extension. As for the Eagles, trade one of your QBs before you lose an asset for nothing. If Kolb is their future, trading McNabb is their play.

Personally I'd make an offer for McNabb of a third, and make an offer for Kolb of a 2nd and see which one they took (if any), as they are apparently soliciting offers for both per the initial link. I don't know if Kolb will be successful, but there are no QBs in the draft with potential AND film on them in the pros.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eag..._the_table.html

here it says its not confirmed but an offer has been made. IF this goes through, how does it affect the draft? You know the Lions won't take Bradford, the Bucs have both Freeman and Johnson, the Redskins would, obviously. Does that put Claussen in play for us? (Not that I want him actually).

"McNabb would be willing to go to the Rams if he was given a contract extension, according to a source close to the situation. He would not be willing to play for Buffalo or Oakland, two moribund franchises that might be willing to take McNabb without an extension."

He would be willing to go to the worst team in the league last year but not the Bills?

"McNabb would be willing to go to the Rams if he was given a contract extension, according to a source close to the situation. He would not be willing to play for Buffalo or Oakland, two moribund franchises that might be willing to take McNabb without an extension."

He would be willing to go to the worst team in the league last year but not the Bills?

I know....it' really really sad

Outside of a 1st round pick to get a LT, what picks do we really need? It's not like rds 2-7 have any guaranteed pro-bowlers. Why not trade for a guy who might have 3-5 years left and give the team a ligit shot at the playoffs, instead of hoarding picks so that we can win 3-4 games next year?

PS: Gailey saying he wants the QB settled before the draft indicates he wants someone other than the current 3 & does not want to go to camp with the open QB competition. I don't know if he's thinking McNabb or someone else, but he's not thinking his QB will be named Trent, Ryan or Brian.

Why not? Because at 34, McNabb does not have "3-5 years left". McNabb has at most 1 or 2 years left in his tank and he won't be as effective behind a swiss-cheese OL in Buffalo as he's been in Philly.

"Outside of a 1st round pick for a LT, what do we really need?" How about NT, a couple LBs, a WR or two, a young QB and maybe some DEs and a TE.

This team is not 1 player away from the playoffs and even if they were, I wouldn't be excited to part with high draft choices for an old QB that might have 1 more run in him.

Steve Young played until he was 38, and had one of his best statistical years when he was 37 (over 4,000 yds and 36 TDs). He also had 489 career rushing attempts at age 33.

John Elway played until he was 38 and didn't win a Superbowl until he was 37. He also had 538 career rushing attempts at the age of 33.

The Bills do not have a LT...and their OL should be their first consideration.

per rotoworld. McNabb oks deal to Rams, but would NOT play for Buffalo. Has it gotten that bad?

The Philadelphia Daily News reports the Eagles, indeed, have an offer on the table that would send Donovan McNabb to the Rams in exchange for the No. 33 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

According to Eagles beat writer Jeff McLane, McNabb "could be in a Rams uniform by the end of the day, possibly by the end of the week." An NFL source says the deal is "not yet completed," but McNabb has OK'd the trade if St. Louis extends his contract. He is not willing to play in Buffalo or Oakland

Would you want to end up in Buffalo - with the Bill's make-shift OL? Besides the Rams have a proven running game and play in a dome.

I don't know if I would characterize trading a second or third round pick for a good QB as "mortgaging the future".

It is if you have to build a team around McNabb, only to start all over again in a year or two. Fix the lines and then get a QB. If it takes two years, so be it...