McNabb to the Bills for Picks?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/367207-...-for-the-eagles

If the Eagles are looking for a defensive end, and if Schobel is reluctant to move into a linebacker spot, is this an approach that might work? It would be nice to get him to go somewhere if he doesn't fit into the new defense but wants to play in a 4-3 defense. The phil. eagles were apparently quite interested in Kampman who went to the Jags.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/367207-...-for-the-eagles

If the Eagles are looking for a defensive end, and if Schobel is reluctant to move into a linebacker spot, is this an approach that might work? It would be nice to get him to go somewhere if he doesn't fit into the new defense but wants to play in a 4-3 defense. The phil. eagles were apparently quite interested in Kampman who went to the Jags.

Schobel is leaning toward retirement. He'll call it quits before he takes a trade to philly. It's the Bills or give it up for him. Never going to happen.

Dude, why would the Eagles make that trade? Schobel has never played anything other than RDE... same position Trent Cole plays for the Eagles. They are not going to pay $5m + for a backup, let a lone a backup that is looking for concessions in order that he can go back to Texas each week and be with his family.

If the Eagles want a DE, it's on the Left side.

No. He is a bandaid to a bigger problem. We need a young franchise QB.

You might be right, but I don't see one of those in this draft, IMO.

As long as you dont have to give up a first, I say go for it.

According to some news reports its us and the Raiders that are doing the negotiation. If McNabb knows his time in Philadelphia is limited and that he may not even start, of the two teams I would think Buffalo the better option. The issue then is to stay in Philadelphia possibly as a third qb, or retire. I think we look like a pretty good option in that scenario. I also agree that we should look for an actual trade or a draft choice lower than two as the ideal way to get him.

According to some news reports its us and the Raiders that are doing the negotiation. If McNabb knows his time in Philadelphia is limited and that he may not even start, of the two teams I would think Buffalo the better option. The issue then is to stay in Philadelphia possibly as a third qb, or retire. I think we look like a pretty good option in that scenario. I also agree that we should look for an actual trade or a draft choice lower than two as the ideal way to get him.

Bills definitely in a good position. Sometimes patience pays off. Eagles are handling this horribly.

Some of these posts are just incredulous

McNabb never had a good running game? :thumbdown: Westbrook, Staley, Buckhalter. Not too shabby

He's spent most of his career w/o a solid recg corps, but then again, Tom Brady won 3 super bowls w/ a similar supporting cast.

Not to say McNabb isn't any good. But he's played his entire career behind one of the strongest lines in the league and always had a strong D to get the ball back to him. He's a quality player, but let's not overdo it on his ability to rise above the limitations of his supporting cast.

I don't disagree, but what a choice; starting or at least playing on a winning team or a starter on a team that might be competitive about the time that you're ready to call it quits?

trading for McNabb would be a huge mistake for the Bills

I agree. Who would want a future HOF QB who has led his team to the playoffs in 8 or his 12 seasons and led them to 4 NFC championship games? It would be a terrible mistake to add a player like this to a floundering joke of a franchise. :thumbdown:

If we can get him for some sort of 3rd round + package deal, then yes, because we're going to blow that pick anyway. He will actually be able to get the ball to Lee Evans down field which will at least make the team exciting for a change.

As far as the team on the field, it won't make us an instant winner, but it will fill the seats. I can't imagine what the fan reaction would be if we march Trent or Fitz out there again and blow for another season. The only way we stay in Buffalo is the fans.

Yes I want him if we're not giving up too much. Be nice to watch somebody who's competent for a year or two while we find and groom our next franchise QB. This is pretty much the only position that I think might be worth trading any picks for at this point.

EDIT TO ADD: More I think about it I doubt this happens. Donovan has no incentive to want to come here and it's not like the Eagles are desperate to get rid of him.