UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

IMO it proves Tebow is awesome, while some other guy is a immature LOSER F-dropper

If by awesome you mean obnoxious coddled man-child, I completely agree. I have a feeling the player used the f word because that's how grown-ups talk when under stress, trying to concentrate on an important task before them, and is interrupted by some jagoff attempting to summon divine help out loud for everyone to hear.

I went to a Christian school and they did tell us about something called "silent prayer". Someone should send Tebow a memo. Maybe you, little one?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth. There's nothing more annoying to people of different beliefs, or no belief at all, to constantly hear this stuff. That's why he got that response.

exactly, he should respect that not everyone is of the same mentality of himself in terms of faith and tone it down a bit. There's nothing wrong with him being so strong in faith, but its not everyones cup of tea, just tone it down a bit, people will respect that too

I'm not going to start a religious/anti-religious thread here. If you've actually read the Bible and you support murder and rape (Numbers 31.15-18, Isaiah 13. 13-19, etc.), slavery (1 Peter 2:13-15, Exodus 21:1-4, Deuteronomy 15:12-18, etc.), or the slaughter of a man's own son (Genesis 22), then we probably have very little in common anyway.

Besides, it's pretty funny to me how all the 'pious' Christians come out of the woodwork to defend their myth yet show a scantily-clad woman as their avatar. Sort of goes against the message of Christ, wouldn't you say?

Bingo. I bet those thugs could use some praying.

Who exactly are we talking about here? Was Mike Vick, Travis Henry, or Marshawn Lynch in Tebow's test group? I don't think so. Or does the fact that the player in the test group used *gasp* a naughty word and some others laughed automatically induct them into this amorphous group of "thugs" you speak of? My, my, sounds like pre-judgment to me and not a very Christian thing to do.

Truth. There's nothing more annoying to people of different beliefs, or no belief at all, to constantly hear this stuff. That's why he got that response.

He made a request for a prayer and someone told him to shut the !@#$ up? Yeah man that's fricken hilarious. :thumbsup:

Oh and BTW, I don't pray or believe in God.

He made a request for a prayer and someone told him to shut the !@#$ up? Yeah man that's fricken hilarious. :thumbsup:

Oh and BTW, I don't pray or believe in God.

You can be religious without wearing it on your sleeve and asking everyone else in the room to participate. I have no problem with people who believe in something. Sometimes I wish I did. But I can't stand preachy, holier-than-thou people, and apparently I'm not the only one. Good to see ol' Timmy put in his place.

You can be religious without wearing it on your sleeve and asking everyone else in the room to participate. I have no problem with people who believe in something. Sometimes I wish I did. But I can't stand preachy, holier-than-thou people, and apparently I'm not the only one. Good to see ol' Timmy put in his place.

And what's wrong with saying "thanks Tim you go right ahead, we'll sit this one out?"

And what's wrong with saying "thanks Tim you go right ahead, we'll sit this one out?"

I think that's what they did. They just chose different words.

I think this story has the elements of humor. Laughing at the overtly pious has always been funny, IMO.

I wonder how they would have reacted if Tim, or some other test taker suggested they sing the Flintstones song before the test was given. That would be fun, too. It would also be irrelevant.

Would those who question the response to Tebow's suggestion be as adamant in their criticism if Tim, or another test-taker, said "Let's praise Satan" before the test" Or maybe if he said, "Praise Allah!"

As far as I'm concerned, he can say "Yabba Dabba Do!" before the test, and it's fine with me. If he asks me and others to do it, I might take issue with his suggestion.

Nothing. But it can be really irritating when people try to "out-religious" you in public. It's like "we get it, you love God. But do it on your own time." With Tebow they had probably had enough of his public piousness. I know I have and I haven't had to spend any time with him personally.

It has to be tough for a committed Christian in the NFL. One is expected to spread the Good News and take the lumps that come with it. Sure, he got an earful for doing that, but I'm sure he's heard it before. Just doing his job.

It has to be tough for a committed Christian in the NFL. One is expected to spread the Good News and take the lumps that come with it. Sure, he got an earful for doing that, but I'm sure he's heard it before. Just doing his job.

Is a commuted Christian required to proselytize?

I know some believe that. I happen to know plenty of Christians who would never attempt to force their beliefs on others

Why? 'Cause the Bible says to? I hope he's prepared to rape, murder, and enslave as well...

Cool, I like Peanut Butter filled Chocolate bunnies!!

And tell him to stop pooping in my living room. My Daughter thinks they're brown Jelly Beans... :worthy:

Will do! :thumbsup:

Cool, I like Peanut Butter filled Chocolate bunnies!!

And tell him to stop pooping in my living room. My Daughter thinks they're brown Jelly Beans... :worthy:

:lol:

I've never seen Peanut Butter filled Chocolate bunnies. Where would one go about getting those? I can't even find the chocolate-creme filled cadbury eggs anymore :thumbsup:

Nothing. But it can be really irritating when people try to "out-religious" you in public. It's like "we get it, you love God. But do it on your own time." With Tebow they had probably had enough of his public piousness. I know I have and I haven't had to spend any time with him personally.

Exactly. Maybe some can take issue with the unnamed player's response to Tebow; I don't, but sure it was vulgar. But that wasn't the entrance exam to etiquette school. It was a test for football players. Players that have spent countless hours in locker rooms and playing fields. Have any of you prudes that take offense to this so-called "thug's" reply ever played a team sport and spent time in a locker room? Well, I have. A lot of time. That's how most coaches and players talk. Shocking, I know.

Tebow can try (and I'm sure he will) to proselytize to his pro teammates, anoint his future hometown fans with holy oil, baptize the refs before the game with water from the Gatorade jug, whatever. I know that is part of his so-called "mission." But the chosen one better get used to the flak he'll take outside of his cloister in Gainsville. Many people don't take kindly being preached to by a 22 year old football player.

Not the least bit surprised...unless your name is Ray Lewis, keep your religion to yourself.

Everyone who is defending tebow on this...what if he was a different religion and asked to say a prayer... i bet you wouldnt be supporting him now...just a thought...

Is a commuted Christian required to proselytize?

I know some believe that. I happen to know plenty of Christians who would never attempt to force their beliefs on others

Asking a group of guys to pray is forcing his beliefs? Boy it sure doesn't take much twisting of your arm before you yell uncle.

Everyone who is defending tebow on this...what if he was a different religion and asked to say a prayer... i bet you wouldnt be supporting him now...just a thought...

Who's defending him??

The issue that I see most people taking with this situation was the response he got.

Just to clarify, I am religious but keep my beliefs to myself. Tebow should have done the same.

He got a typical response from a young man who was about to take a very important test.

To me, the Peanut Butter bunny is much more important than this story...

Why? 'Cause the Bible says to? I hope he's prepared to rape, murder, and enslave as well...

Really? Come on...

How many times do you need to make this ridiculous statement in this thread? I understood that you had no clue the first time you made it. You didn't need to repeat it again and again.

Asking a group of guys to pray is forcing his beliefs? Boy it sure doesn't take much twisting of your arm before you yell uncle.

We must have different definitions of "yelling uncle". Saying "OK, I give you are right" is yelling uncle. I don't think I ever suggested I would do that.

Attempting to get a group of disparate individuals to engage in your particular religious ritual is a hell of a lot close to forcing beliefs than anything I said is to saying uncle.