Latest ProFootballWeekly.com Mock Draft

Estro

Nolan Nawrocki's 2nd mock draft (updated from a month ago). Not surprised to see Trent Williams as the #1 OT taken, although there's been a lot of talk about Okung, I've heard many NFL Scouts have Williams rated #1. This Bills pick would make the fans flip out (in a bad way), but it wouldn't be shocking. Here it is:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/03/1...ld-make-history

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nolan Nawrocki's 2nd mock draft (updated from a month ago). Not surprised to see Trent Williams as the #1 OT taken, although there's been a lot of talk about Okung, I've heard many NFL Scouts have Williams rated #1. This Bills pick would make the fans flip out (in a bad way), but it wouldn't be shocking. Here it is:

I would drive to OBD and puke on the main entrance if that happens. Might even take a dump for emphasis.

Even if Spiller was an excellent RB this would be a bad pick. Jackson is an excellent #1 RB. Yeah, we could use another #2 RB in case Marshawn gets suspended or something, or in case we trade him, but not in the first.

IMHO we take Clausen in that situation.

I like Nawrocki, but not this draft.

Even if Spiller was an excellent RB this would be a bad pick. Jackson is an excellent #1 RB. Yeah, we could use another #2 RB in case Marshawn gets suspended or something, or in case we trade him, but not in the first.

I respectfully disagree that Jackson is an "excellent" #1 RB. Jackson had a very nice season last year, but he

did not have to carry the full load and he is closing in on 30 y.o. when many RBs fall off a cliff. Jackson is not a

top 15 RB in the league. Note that I am not saying he is bad or disrespecting him, I just think that calling him

"excellent" is over-estimating his ability.

That being said, I still don't like the idea of the Bills' first pick being spent on a RB. However, with the way that

mock draft is laid out, there isn't a LT left worth taking at 9, I don't like everything that I've read about Clausen

(especially that he is rumored to not be well-liked by his teammates) and there isn't a NT worth the 9th pick. So,

where do you go with that pick? If it were me, I'd look at helping the D at either DE or LB, but I'd still have to

consider Spiller as he would likely be rated much higher than any of the DEs or LBs left at that point.

1. No way in heck will Trent Williams will be the first OT off the board.

2. We will NOT be taking Spiller @ #9 with all of the needs we have.

3. Clausen will be a top 9 pick as he will not fall past us if he is on the board when we pick.

Everything else is realistic.

Yes.

I dont think anyone denies that Spiller won't be a great back in the NFL. His speed is outrageous, his juke moves remind folks of Barry Sanders coming out of college and on top of all of that physical skill he has one of the most solid characters in the entire draft.

It still would be a bad pick for Buffalo. Even if they end up trading Lynch, you can find a decent backup RB in the 3rd or 4th round or via FA . Fred Jackson doesn't have a lot of NFL mileage on him for a 29 year old and will be effective for at least the next 2-3 years.

We desperately need help along the Offensive and Defensive lines, and its clear that Nix knows this.

Spiller is going to be a damn good NFL runningback, it just wont be for us. Lets hope it's not for the Pats, Jets or Fins either.

Has everyone forgotten that Freddy J is close to 30 yrs old AND Inch is probably on his way out, if not this year, next year? Spiller is a phenom and I can't say I wouldn't be terribly disappointed with the pick. No, not the greatest need, but what the writer says in his comments is true...the kid will be a game changer, and true to form of the running back tandum, he provides a much greater change of pace than Inch. Again, not my top choice, but certainly not a bad pick. :wallbash:

Spiller would be another Ronnie Harmon-type pick - a running back taken when running back isn't a need and huge needs are elsewhere.

Well, the Bills didn't really have a good RB at the time, and the Hramon pick turned out badly because it was a waste of a first round to land a utility back. All indications are that Spiller is a bit mor especial.

Has everyone forgotten that Freddy J is close to 30 yrs old AND Inch is probably on his way out, if not this year, next year? Spiller is a phenom and I can't say I wouldn't be terribly disappointed with the pick. No, not the greatest need, but what the writer says in his comments is true...the kid will be a game changer, and true to form of the running back tandum, he provides a much greater change of pace than Inch. Again, not my top choice, but certainly not a bad pick. :wallbash:

If he's Chris Johnson "good", well, you've seen what he's done to that offense in Tennessee. His success despite a prolific passing attack was impressive. They will continue to evolve and thrive because of CJ's presence.

Is Spiller THAT special?

I agree - trade down here and get an extra pick or two.

This guy saying RB shows he knows nothing about the Bills' needs ---> OT / DT / QB / OLB / ILB / Guard depth & WR. (in no particular order).

If we stay & pick at 9, we will get a good player - one of the OT's, a QB OBD likes, McClain, etc., but we hase soooo many needs, I actually hope we trade down and get more picks. But our front office needs the accumen to pick good players.

If Spiller turns out to be a CJ or AP clone and they trade Lynch for a third rounder I'd say it was a good move. However, on draft day I wouldn't like it much. I will admit it seems less and less obnoxious an idea the more I find out about Spiller.