Latest ProFootballWeekly.com Mock Draft

Estro

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nolan Nawrocki's 2nd mock draft (updated from a month ago). Not surprised to see Trent Williams as the #1 OT taken, although there's been a lot of talk about Okung, I've heard many NFL Scouts have Williams rated #1. This Bills pick would make the fans flip out (in a bad way), but it wouldn't be shocking. Here it is:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/03/1...ld-make-history

Hmmm...we had a serviceable Travis Henry...draft McGahee.

Had a serviceable McGahee...draft Lynch (WMG totes up 29 tds in 3 years with BAL).

Have a serviceable Lynch and Jackson...draft Spiller.

Sounds about right. And a shiny new 1st round RB is usually a sure-fire way to spiff up the gate...

Nolan Nawrocki's 2nd mock draft (updated from a month ago). Not surprised to see Trent Williams as the #1 OT taken, although there's been a lot of talk about Okung, I've heard many NFL Scouts have Williams rated #1. This Bills pick would make the fans flip out (in a bad way), but it wouldn't be shocking. Here it is:

RBs are a dime a dozen and last 6 years. We got a damn good one from a D-3 school for christsake, drafting a RB in the early first round early rarely makes sense...and then only when he's got Hall of Fame type skills. I like CJ Spiller but he's no Ladanian or Purple Jesus

I am totally for this pick. He is a difference maker . He is was LT used to be. A pure game changer. This is the type of pick that makes an immediate impact. Draft him in the 1st and Tebow in the 2nd and you have the heart and soul for your team to build around!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

Draft Tebow in the 2nd round to do what?

you don't normally have to use a draft pick on the guys who come shovel snow off the seats

Hmmm...we had a serviceable Travis Henry...draft McGahee.

Had a serviceable McGahee...draft Lynch (WMG totes up 29 tds in 3 years with BAL).

Have a serviceable Lynch and Jackson...draft Spiller.

Sounds about right And a shiny new 1st round RB is usually a sure-fire way to spiff up the gate...

Ah Buffalo.

Railroading their running backs since 2000.

If I were Fred Jackson I would watch out, we're sure to turn on him soon enough.

I love Spiller but need to a defensive back, I can't think of a worse pick. Running backs are a dime a dozen. Our leading rusher was an undrafted, D3 guy. What good is it having stud running backs when you have no line?

Personally, I think Lynch will be fine and will run with an attitude like he did his first 2 years. If he screws up again, that is his career. Unless a team offered us a 3rd or higher, I'd keep him and roll the dice he will be motivated. It's a fairly reasonable risk.

This needs to be a big person draft, with a possible QB or LB mixed in. Draft a LT, fill the defense, play 2 tight end sets, and run the crap out of Jackson/ Lynch.

I am sure that spiller is very talented and probably uses more of his talent than M. Lynch does (who I wish were gone!), but seeing that he is here and the bills have the overachieving F. Jackson the position doesn't really need an upgrade at this time.

There are so many other gaping holes that the Bill's can not afford to expend their highest pick on a RB ! We need a OLT

desperately!!! We need a QB IMO without question!!! We need a DT/NT to plug the middle of the field!!! We need multiple LB's to accomodate the 3-4 shift!!! We also need to plan in the event of Aaron Schobel's retirement, and realize that Chris Ellis has been a bust, and although not yet determined the groundwork has so far been laid to question rather Aaron

Maybe Maybin will also be a bust!

So knowing these things, and also realizing that the Bills' have to also add depth to their lines and Linebacking corps I think it is almost proposterous to even fathom the Bills picking a RB unless they plan on making a big trade involving maybe M. Lynch and another player or two for a teams first round pick. I still wouldn't draft a RB even if I had a second

1st rounder, but I would find it less infuriating instead of using are only pick on a position of adequacy! :wallbash:

Spiller would be a phenomenal pick.

I would not be in the least point disappointed if Spiller was the pick. This guy isn't Chris Johnson, but he is close in terms of his explosiveness. I promise you he will be a top 5 RB in the league at some point. And at least we would be picking the best player on the board instead of reaching for some player of need. IMO, that has been the Bills BIGGEST problem these past couple seasons, they reach for players of need (bc they have so many holes to fill) and let the best players slip by.

Apparently, everyone is convinced Lynch is on his way out of town. If that is the case, Spiller makes even more sense. But, even with Lynch on the team, I wouldn't be upset with Spiller. The Bills will certainly be hazed by the press, especially because the general claim about drafting running backs is " you can get a good one in the 3rd or 4th rounds", but I still say Spiller wouldn't brother me. And for all of you who are in love with Fred Jackson, let me remind you, the guy is almost 30 years old. That is very old for a RB. See: LaDainian Tomlinson.

If the draft plays out the way PFW says it will, the only player I would be happier with at 9 is McClain or Kindle. I think Clausen will have a great career, but I don't think the Bills are in a spot to draft a QB right now. And if the Bills REALLY want him, they can get him later on. I wouldn't be surprised if he experiences a Brady Quinn type fall on the draft boards.

If you asked me a couple of weeks ago I would have gone ballistic for anyone even suggesting we draft an RB at #9.. However, after watching tape on Spiller I would have no problem with us drafting him at #9. The draft is deep with OT talent and I'd take a OT in round #2.

My take.. This is a new coaching staff that wants to run the ball. They have no loyalty to either RB on the roster. Lynch is a trouble maker and needs to be the starter or he isn't very effective. I can easily see us selecting Spiller at #9 and trading Lynch for a mid to late round pick. Then drafting an OT in round 2 and a QB round 3.. They will probably try to grab some D line help in the mid to late rounds..

These guys are just starting out. They want impact players. What better way to make a splash and a statement than to draft Spiller? I'd have to say this is a strong possibility.

1st round pick a RB for the Bills? What is this guy, a maroon?

Must be! Or maybe he works under disguise for another AFC East team...lol....I sure hope the Bills are not as stupid as this guy hopes! The past decade makes me wonder? :wallbash:

First off, Lynch was an awful pick. As a fan, I kept hearing that the team was going to put more emphasis on character. Levy was all about character, and what do they do? They draft a player with character problems. If they trade away Lynch for a third round draft choice, then they have traded the 11th pick in the draft for a third round choice, brilliant.

Second, it is stupid to consider a running back at this stage. The Bills need to rebuild. The way to go about rebuilding is to draft the players who will take time to develop early then fill in players who will not take as much time to develop, such a running back. This is especially true for running backs because they have short careers. For example. the Colts drafted offensive tackles in round one and two. The next year, they drafted Payton Manning. Finally, they drafted Elderin James.

Third, the only draft pick I would be more upset about is if they drafted Taylor Mays. I would even prefer that they draft Derrick Morgan; however, my preference is that they trade down because they have so many needs to fill.

Must be! Or maybe he works under disguise for another AFC East team...lol....I sure hope the Bills are not as stupid as this guy hopes! The past decade makes me wonder? :pirate:

Well....nothing would surprise me with regards to the Bills and the draft. However.....there are more important holes to plug than RB......namely the so-called OL and QB.