With the depth in the draft....

Virgil

I know that I've said I would like to get LeFevour in here, but here me out on this...

This is a very deep draft in regards to OT's. From my understanding, there are guys that can be had in the 2nd-5th round that could very easily start.

We are keeping Kelsay. Schobel pry won't retire. That gives us Mitchell and Poz in the middle, with those other guys, Ellison, Maybin, and Harris as OLB's. Not really the need many people think.

Then, there is DT. Which, there isn't really a DT worthy of the number 9 pick.

With all that being said, can you really pass on Clausen if he is there at 9? At the end of the day, we need a QB and he is a legit prospect. He is as legit as we are going to see. If he were to fall flat on his face, could you really blame the FO?

If Clausen is there, I think we have to take him and have picks 2-4 be on OT and DT and use the rest of the pics for depth.

I know that I've said I would like to get LeFevour in here, but here me out on this...

This is a very deep draft in regards to OT's. From my understanding, there are guys that can be had in the 2nd-5th round that could very easily start.

We are keeping Kelsay. Schobel pry won't retire. That gives us Mitchell and Poz in the middle, with those other guys, Ellison, Maybin, and Harris as OLB's. Not really the need many people think.

With all that being said, can you really pass on Clausen if he is there at 9? At the end of the day, we need a QB and he is a legit prospect. He is as legit as we are going to see. If he were to fall flat on his face, could you really blame the FO?

If Clausen is there, I think we have to take him and have picks 2-4 be on OT and DT and use the rest of the pics for depth.

I am not going to bother telling you how little you know about the 3-4. Google it but I will tell you your way off.

Without a doubt, the Bills should draft Clausen if he's available. Even if Clausen is a bust, it is better that they draft him and draft another quarterback again next year, just like San Diego. The Bills need to keep drafting the highest rated quarterbacks that they can until they can find a franchise quarterback. (I'm not talking about reaching for a quarterback to just fill a hole, aka JP Losman). No other hole on the team matches this hole. If no quarterback is available then draft a tackle to protect the quarterback that the Bills should draft next year.

I'm sorry but that's just horrifying. Only OT is in worse shape.

I am not going to bother telling you how little you know about the 3-4. Google it but I will tell you your way off.

Awww, you're making me blush

I'm sorry but that's just horrifying. Only OT is in worse shape.

While I don't disagree, I just can't see us paying these guys the money they committed and putting them on the bench. They can't play DE in the 3-4, so they have to play OLB. I can't imagine Poz or Mitchell losing their starting jobs. The only thing I could see would be if they planned to move Mitchell to OLB, but I think I remember them saying they he would go to the inside.

If they do plan on benching Schobel or Kelsay as backups, then that is pathetic the amount of money they are getting.

Awww, you're making me blush

While I don't disagree, I just can't see us paying these guys the money they committed and putting them on the bench. They can't play DE in the 3-4, so they have to play OLB. I can't imagine Poz or Mitchell losing their starting jobs. The only thing I could see would be if they planned to move Mitchell to OLB, but I think I remember them saying they he would go to the inside.

If they do plan on benching Schobel or Kelsay as backups, then that is pathetic the amount of money they are getting.

Kelsay, Maybin, and Schobel will all play OLB with Poz and Mitchel in the middle. Ellison will backup with maybe Harris but I really look for some trades for Ellison and Harris.

Selecting Clausen is starting to grow on me. Outside of Okung the tackle class is strarting to show some warts . Either way you look at it there are a to many holes to fix in one draft . If Claussen fall to 9 and it may happen lets take him . If the tackles drop we could always trade back into the first round and grab one .

I agree that we should draft Clausen if he's there, or Bradford for that matter.

But I disagree with you on our LB situation. Just because you have a bunch of guys who have LB in front of their names on the roster doesn't mean you actually have good LBs. IMHO we have two legit 3 - 4 LBs, Poz and Mitchell. After that, they're either too small to play strongside OLB and not fast enough to play weakside rush LB (Ellison and Harris), or totally inexperienced and unproven at the position and may simply not be able to play it (Schobel, if he doesn't retire, and Kelsay and Maybin). We need help there. But Nix and the gang know it.

Based on your depth analysis it would make since to trade down and pick up extra picks and draft a skill position.

Something tells me that what Nix is thinking which could be why you see them interviewing CJ Spiller. We have so many needs that we need to generate more picks. This would be the perfect time to move down.

The OT group is truly remarkable this year. Four maybe even five close to blue chip first rounders and there will be some very impressive tackles in rounds two and three. I see us drafting an OT with our #9 pick and probably picking up a second tackle in round 3 or 4. If LeFevour is there in round 2 we MIGHT take a flyer on him, but I think many on this board would be more inclined to grab a DT or OLB with that pick.

Based on your depth analysis it would make since to trade down and pick up extra picks and draft a skill position.

Something tells me that what Nix is thinking which could be why you see them interviewing CJ Spiller. We have so many needs that we need to generate more picks. This would be the perfect time to move down.

Agree that Nix will be looking to pick up more picks. I think they should trade down out of 9 if possible and pick up an

extra 2nd rounder. Do that and a skill guy is definitely in play be it a Spiller or Best or QB. Then DT and LT in round 2.

Agree that Nix will be looking to pick up more picks. I think they should trade down out of 9 if possible and pick up an

extra 2nd rounder. Do that and a skill guy is definitely in play be it a Spiller or Best or QB. Then DT and LT in round 2.

Trading down in the first round is a good idea, with the strategy to gain more picks on the first day. The Bills have been in a youth movement for years now, and have lost some games because of too many stupid mistakes made by young players, compounded by having too many of them in the game. With a draft class that has very few potential superstars but several very good players (according to the experts), we should forego the #9 spot and trade away some of our second day draft picks to get more in the second or third round. We do not need 10 new draftees on the team. We need four or five that will actually be contributors, along with the several young guys already on the squad.

Assuming the team drafts well, they will be better served with around #20 in the first and two each in the second and third rounds. After that its throwing darts hoping to get lucky. There's never any guaranteed picks, but five on the first day would be a chance to dramtically improve the roster.

Again, I agree that neither Kelsay nor Schobel would by my answer at OLB, but they seem to be what Nix plans on using. I would much rather have a rookie made for the spot than converted DE's.

All I'm saying is, I can't imagine them not starting with the money we've committed to paying them.

If i'm in charge, they are both gone, and hopefully for picks. Then I would pry trade back and get McClain and a DT with my first 2 picks, then OT's.

Again, I agree that neither Kelsay nor Schobel would by my answer at OLB, but they seem to be what Nix plans on using. I would much rather have a rookie made for the spot than converted DE's.

All I'm saying is, I can't imagine them not starting with the money we've committed to paying them.

If i'm in charge, they are both gone, and hopefully for picks. Then I would pry trade back and get McClain and a DT with my first 2 picks, then OT's.

Schobel said if he's coming back it's in Buffalo, and I don't care if he's been playing DE for the last decade and change, dude can get after the QB. And with as many holes as we have it would be nice to have him for another season.

He's the only consistent pass rusher we have.

Trading down in the first round is a good idea, with the strategy to gain more picks on the first day. The Bills have been in a youth movement for years now, and have lost some games because of too many stupid mistakes made by young players, compounded by having too many of them in the game. With a draft class that has very few potential superstars but several very good players (according to the experts), we should forego the #9 spot and trade away some of our second day draft picks to get more in the second or third round. We do not need 10 new draftees on the team. We need four or five that will actually be contributors, along with the several young guys already on the squad.

Assuming the team drafts well, they will be better served with around #20 in the first and two each in the second and third rounds. After that its throwing darts hoping to get lucky. There's never any guaranteed picks, but five on the first day would be a chance to dramtically improve the roster.

Get your point but remember that the draft is changing this year where 1st round is alone on Friday night, then 2nd & 3rd on Saturday and the rest on Sunday.

I'm not quite sure what you know about football in the year 2010.

Type in nfl playoff teams 2010. Then check and see who the qbs are.

It's a QB league buddy. And we have no QB. Think about it.

Clausen is supposed to be the most nfl ready qb in the draft.

Which is why he won't be there at 9, unfortunately. This is another year where we are drafting just a pick or two too late to get the player we need.

The draft may be deep in OT's but most 1st round LT's arent ready to start I dont know where you get this from.

We have a huge need at LB! Kelsay and Schobel have been 4-3 DEs for years and there going to transition to OLB that easy, Maybin hasnt proven that he belongs in the NFL. Poz is the only above average player here

IF Suh or McCoy drop to #9 there worth the pick, even if they play end

If scouts decide if Clausen is worthy of a top 10 pick and with all the teams with QB needs in front of us, he will be gone by #9

the Bills have too many pressing needs to say we need to only target one specific player in the draft at #9.

They need to draft the best player available at #9, between OT, DT, and QB. They have a slightly less need, but wouldn't mind the best player in LB or DE.

As long as they come out of the draft with starting quality OT, DT and LB, I'll be happy. Then, they can fill out depth and competition to starters at the other positions.

You'll notice I left QB off the list. That is not because I think we have a good on the roster right now, but I don't think we will be good next year, so we can wait to get a QB at next year's draft. Then, we would have a solid team surrounding the new QB and make a run at the playoffs, like Pittsburgh did with Ben Rothlisberger.