Stand in line with me, to punch NBC in the face!

Lv-Bills

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again... People will channel hunt for the hockey game... Not so much bobsled and ice dancing. The wife wants to watch ice dancing... She will put it on channel 5 (knowing that is where the Olympics are)... Say I put it on channel five and find hockey. She won't watch that... She will just assume ice dancing was not being shown. Now, if I put it on channel 5 and find ice dancing... I will hunt for that friggan game!

It is all about "hunters" and "gathers." :doh:

There were a ton of casual fans here in the "south" that watched the Canada - Swiss game the other night because it created drama and theatre. I've never heard anyone talk hockey here before other than when Crosby and Ovechkin met in the playoffs last year.

There are a couple of events in the Olympics that could provide great theatre (although I think the US has no chance), and this is one of them. This is Canada's game, at Canada, and they are playing the US. NBC televises hockey in the regular season, and there is no other way to better promote the game than a legit all star tourney featuring teams that actually play hard and display their talent.

NBC panders to the woman every week, and they get their ass kicked nightly in the ratings. Maybe, this would help a struggling rating pick it up a little bit more other than when just Crosby and Ovechkin are going against each other.

I hope the game goes into a shootout tonight, and people miss it, just so NBC loses. Now, pardon me while I watch Russia and the Czechs on our HD NBC station. I'll channel surf tonight, as you are correct, as the US plays somwehere on the dial.

And oh my what this thread has turned in to. I swear to god, I just wanted to punch an NBC exec in the face, not to turn this into a moronic political discussion.

Seriously, doesn't just one person want to punch someone at NBC in the face cuz of this? Just one of you spazzes out there? lol

And oh my what this thread has turned in to. I swear to god, I just wanted to punch an NBC exec in the face, not to turn this into a moronic political discussion.

Seriously, doesn't just one person want to punch someone at NBC in the face cuz of this? Just one of you spazzes out there? lol

No. Because it is just as easy for me to press channel 5 and it is 58.

hey name caller!.. it IS about politics!.. FYI, NBC is the most liberal network on the planet, HENCE, HENCE!, the reason they cannot get the olympic coverage right, get it JACKASS!???, LIBERALS GET EVERYTHING WRONG, MUCHLESS HOW TO COVER SPORTS.. what the f- is olbermann on sunday night football?. he is a clueless liberal, brings his liberal mindset to the table on that coverage..

:unsure:...wow, i was sure the guy who flew the plane into the IRS building must have died...

Right. This is about politics.

Jackass.

I was scrolling down to say ''F.ing Liberals,'' of course, then I see your queer-arse droid-thinking comment. NBC and MSNBC are Liberal scrounge hounds ruining our country. Accept it. The truth is that it takes a Carter to get a Reagan. Meanwhile, we wait.

I'd like to knock Keith Olberman's teeth out. No, no no, break his jaw.

Who cares about hockey... I rather beat-up a democrap.

lol @ dwight

I thought he was kind of obvious for a troll, but he got a 3 page thread out of it.

While the USA - Canada game gets relegated to MSNBC tonight in non HD.

As far as the hockey schedule, a non-medal game is going to get bumped to the secondary station for prime time figure skating every time.

:unsure: Who cares anyway. Hockey is a niche sport. Now especially with shootouts in games that matter... The game is even worse and more of a joke. IE: See soccer.

So basically every sport other than football is pretty much a niche sport now right? (which I agree with). Because ESPN'ers wouldn't actually believe that the NHL is outdrawing the NBA in attendance, but indeed it's happening.

Dude, what about our apostrophe lesson?? Let's try it again:

WRONG: Sarah Palin should sue her elementary school and many of the community college's she flunked out of for providing her limited educational opportunitie's.

RIGHT: Go Bills!

You know, I was really enjoying this one dude make an a$$ out of himself, and then everyone also laughing at him, but you ruined it.

You're just too dumb, and think that you need to combat him with your actual political beliefs, which in short revealed to us that you actually think that a political figure needs an ivy league degree to represent you.

So basically every sport other than football is pretty much a niche sport now right? (which I agree with). Because ESPN'ers wouldn't actually believe that the NHL is outdrawing the NBA in attendance, but indeed it's happening.

I agree with this point a lot. Why does America seem to think that if Sportscenter doesn't cover it extensively, it's either not popular or just a niche sport. The real joke is on dudes who can't make decisions themselves on which sport to watch.

You know, I was really enjoying this one dude make an a$$ out of himself, and then everyone also laughing at him, but you ruined it.

You're just too dumb, and think that you need to combat him with your actual political beliefs, which in short revealed to us that you actually think that a political figure needs an ivy league degree to represent you.

making an a$$ out myself?.. guess your preception is the rule..

hey name caller!.. it IS about politics!.. FYI, NBC is the most liberal network on the planet, HENCE, HENCE!, the reason they cannot get the olympic coverage right, get it JACKASS!???, LIBERALS GET EVERYTHING WRONG, MUCHLESS HOW TO COVER SPORTS.. what the f- is olbermann on sunday night football?. he is a clueless liberal, brings his liberal mindset to the table on that coverage..

Hi there. This is a Buffalo Bills/general sports board. There is another specific section for political rants. Look under "special topics". Thanks in advance for being logical and taking it over to that section.

You have no idea what my political beliefs are. Arguing with someone on the Internet never gets "you" anywhere, but there are a few things that need to be said.

First, I didn't combat anyone with a political belief. The only beliefs that I espoused are that the tax burden on the middle class in this country sucks and that someone as dumb as Sarah Palin should never, ever lead this country. She's Alaska's problem, and I hope it stays that way. I bet nobody who reads this cares whether the next Congress and President are Rs, Ds, Is, etc. so long as they can fix the economy and allow us to keep renewing our season tickets. (Except maybe evangelicals, but that's a different story and God bless them for their conviction.)

Second, the reason I'm writing is that people, and you fall apparently fall in this category, often conflate a minimal intellectual threshold for such things as elected office with an "ivy league degree." Personally, I think those of us who support an agenda that calls for reduced spending on education but can't practice proper grammar defeat their own argument. That's just me. One need not go to an Ivy League school to have half a brain. Moreover, just because one attended an Ivy League school does not mean that he/she has half a brain (see Dick Jauron on Sundays between 1 and 4).

Finally, let's get to the "I'm dumb" point. The quote you referenced demonstrated nothing in the way of political belief. It speaks for itself, and if you can't recognize that, you may want to ask yourself a question similar to that which you have placed beneath your avatar.

Hi there. This is a Buffalo Bills/general sports board. There is another specific section for political rants. Look under "special topics". Thanks in advance for being logical and taking it over to that section.

i totally agree, but when the topic was posted, i just offered an opinion on why NBC relegated the USA V CANADA, hockey game to a lesser channel. it was my take on NBC and their failure to offer the biggest game in the olympics on the major network. in my opinion , NBC is inept, for that reason , and, for their overall lack of perception of mainstreet america's take on politics. draw your own conclusion. ..

I agree with this point a lot. Why does America seem to think that if Sportscenter doesn't cover it extensively, it's either not popular or just a niche sport. The real joke is on dudes who can't make decisions themselves on which sport to watch.

That is not what I was saying. It is very popular. I like the game. Hockey for mainstream America is just unattainable and too costly for the youngsters to play... So it doesn't get attention outside of Canada, the North and Europe. It takes resources to play hockey and most of America gets turned off by that.

Yeah, long owned by RCA and later GE, two of the top defense contractors for generations. You can't get much more leftist than that!

BTW, by the classic, 18th century definitions of liberal and conservative, the Founders and their supporters were liberal radicals and the US continues to be, by definition, a liberal democracy. A conservative (aka, Tory) believed/believes in the primacy of a king, the Church and the aristocracy, where all know "their place" and remain in that class for all time. A liberal was a child of the enlightenment who believed in a human-centric society, based on reason and science, and therefore opposed to "the superstition of organized religions." Read the Declaration of Independence, the Federalist Papers and The Constitution of the United States. These are the primary documents of the first secular humanist form of government and so US remains, thought the so-called "conservatives" (who are really more like totalitarians) continue to do all in their power to turn back the clock and to undermine the secular, liberal, humanist experiment that is the United States of America.

i totally agree, but when the topic was posted, i just offered an opinion on why NBC relegated the USA V CANADA, hockey game to a lesser channel. it was my take on NBC and their failure to offer the biggest game in the olympics on the major network. in my opinion , NBC is inept, for that reason , and, for their overall lack of perception of mainstreet america's take on politics. draw your own conclusion. ..

Um, no it's not. Aside from a fairly small segment of American society, hockey isn't much of a draw. That's why the NHL is relegated to a minor position on network television in the regular season. Figure skating draws much bigger audiences. And the snowboarders are huge.

There's also the possibility that NBC has made a shrewd business decision to draw viewers to its MSNBC channel to boost awareness of it with a wider audience. In other words, good old fashioned All-American capitalism at work.

Of course, your thesis could be correct, that the White House is behind it all, though I don't know when they find the time, what with building all those concentration camps for Tea Baggers and the like.

Well, the Czech's and Russia of course. While the USA - Canada game gets relegated to MSNBC tonight in non HD. Or, at least it's in non HD on DTV.

Nothing like putting your own country's game on the second tier network in non HD. Here's hoping that NBC, and all of it's suckarse news networks all keep getting your asses kicked in the ratings for years to come.

:w00t::unsure:

OK, I feel a little better now. lol

i thought the same thing after having to search for MSNBC...really cant believe its not in HD, guess I wont be watching it

the powers that be have spoken, i am no longer allowed to express any political opinions.. ok.. you win..

Actually you were asked to keep the politics on the politics board.

But if you want to tell lies and be a jackass, we can play that way, too.

My conclusion: you have a 3rd grade education. :unsure:

Back to the original topic about NBC's cluelessness:

From WSJ:

From a business point of view, the decision makes demographic sense: The Winter Olympics are the most popular sporting event with women — those over the age of 18 make up 53% of the audience. Yet women over 18 only make up 34% of the audience during hockey’s Stanley Cup.

What do they know bout their audience anyway?

Back to the original topic about NBC's cluelessness:

From WSJ:

What do they know bout their audience anyway?

I don't fault them for their programming decision, but why not give the game to USA network as they did both games earlier this week? At least then we could watch it in HD and I won't have to go searching around my line-up trying to figure out where msnbc is.

I don't fault them for their programming decision, but why not give the game to USA network as they did both games earlier this week? At least then we could watch it in HD and I won't have to go searching around my line-up trying to figure out where msnbc is.

Is it possible that more people have MSNBC in HD than USA in HD? (I have both; I have no idea which is more popular nationwide.)

BTW, for those of you with Time Warner in Buffalo, the game is in HD on 718.

Is it possible that more people have MSNBC in HD than USA in HD? (I have both; I have no idea which is more popular nationwide.)

I have DTV, which is the leading satellite provider and have no option to watch the game in HD tonight. I don't know but I've got to believe that a lot more folks have USAHD than MSNBCHD.

I sprung for a 56" Samsung for stuff like this and it drives me batty that I can't even get the full benefits of it. :unsure:

So after all this chatter about the Evil Obama and his Dark Agent Olbermann conspiring to deprive red-blooded Americans from watching hockey on NBC's main channel, the real reason now appears to be NOT about the move to MSNBC, but a snitty tirade because DirecTV doesn't have it in high definition. Man, have some Americans become spoiled little brats.