Chan Gailey

Nevergiveup

No, I wasn't thrilled with Jauron. And I'm not thrilled with this. But let's be realistic, here. This is a job that no truly legitimate candidate is going to take. People can debate a hundred reasons why ... but the fact is, it's a job no one wants. So I'm okay with this because we need A coach. Somebody. And the guy's NFL resume is better than Frazier, Harbaugh, B. Schottenheimer and Fewell. So yes, I'm okay with this. Buddy Nix got what he said he was going to get; an offensive minded coach with prior NFL head coaching experience. They play the games for a reason. Let's at least give it until mid-season next year to see what they look like.

I have some fantastic cold grape kool-aid... would you like some?

:thumbsup:

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some cold water in the face regarding Gailey's two years in Miami: despite the team going 11-5 both seasons, they finished 26th and 21st in offense. Basically, they had a dominant defense and a stagnant offense, and the defense won for them.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/

in fairness he was working with Jay Fiedler and Lamar Smith.

He managed to lose a playoff game to Jake Plummer's Cardinals with Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman, and Michael Irvin, huh?

all at the end of their careers. just like we lost with kelly, thurman and andre at the end of their careers..

call me crazy, but i really love this pic. im shocked his name was never brought up before.

Some cold water in the face regarding Gailey's two years in Miami: despite the team going 11-5 both seasons, they finished 26th and 21st in offense. Basically, they had a dominant defense and a stagnant offense, and the defense won for them.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/

if you are going to cite stats - why wouldn't you use points? or at least give both... 8/16 btw. With Jay Fiedler as QB.

Not sure if this was posted, but FWIW Thurman tweeted:

"It's there call, Chan is no nonsense type if guy, who holds players accountable for there actions. He will call out players. He was OC(cont)"

"When I was with Miami. Calls out players in meetings, they take test on assignments, and practices hard.Thats all I know"

in fairness he was working with Jay Fiedler and Lamar Smith.

and when he left that team sucked pretty bad. he had no talent offensively to work with. that teams best players were thomas and taylor and their secondary. they had no one one O even worth mentioning.

I'm one of the most optimistic people out here, and this would be a tough pill to swallow. Retaining jauron and making no significant player personnel acquisition last offseason push me to the edge. Chan Gailey as HC just might break me.

It seems as if Ralph is hell bent on running this team into the ground.

Not sure if this was posted, but FWIW Thurman tweeted:

"It's there call, Chan is no nonsense type if guy, who holds players accountable for there actions. He will call out players. He was OC(cont)"

"When I was with Miami. Calls out players in meetings, they take test on assignments, and practices hard.Thats all I know"

Thanks.

if you are going to cite stats - why wouldn't you use points? or at least give both... 8/16 btw. With Jay Fiedler as QB.

Points aren't that indicative, I don't think. For instance, how many defensive scores did they have? How often did the team get great field position because of a turnover?

EDIT: The Phins led the league in INTs in 2000.

This is my opinion on Chan Gaily

- We play in Buffalo....he is an offensive mind that stresses run first offense....nuff said there

- Most of us would be happy at this point if Frazier (who has no HC experience and has been fired as a DC.....but is a promising young prospect) or Grimm (no HC experience but up and coming prospect) BUT Chan Gailey who has a winning coaching record and several playoffs appearances as both a coordinator and a HC (just never made it to the super bowl)

- I am not against this hire.....and am more curious on who the DC, OC, ST coaches are going to be as that will ultimately determine his success or failure.

This is my opinion on Chan Gaily

- We play in Buffalo....he is an offensive mind that stresses run first offense....nuff said there

- Most of us would be happy at this point if Frazier (who has no HC experience and has been fired as a DC.....but is a promising young prospect) or Grimm (no HC experience but up and coming prospect) BUT Chan Gailey who has a winning coaching record and several playoffs appearances as both a coordinator and a HC (just never made it to the super bowl)

- I am not against this hire.....and am more curious on who the DC, OC, ST coaches are going to be as that will ultimately determine his success or failure.

This.

I have reason to believe this is your new head coach. I am not completely 100%, but would not post it in this manner if I did not think it was credible. There are no links for this information. I know it will be ugly if I am wrong, but I thought you would want the information.

Could be as soon as tomorrow.

Another 4 years of suffering and Ralph Wilson really doesn't care. As long as Bills fans are stupid enough to sell out the stadium week after week ,to go see the rotten product that is put on the field, this is the type of coach we get. Ralph still makes his money and Russ Brandon looks like a genius to Wilson.