Chan Gailey

Nevergiveup

When I first saw that Chan Gailey was being considered I thought someone was trying to be funny.

Now I am stunned. This is so bad it's halarious. If this is true, what a move by Nix.

I have past the point of anger where I can't stop laughing....Cam Cameron doesn't seem so bad now.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did i ever say a dozen?

St. Louis

Detroit

Tampa Bay

K.C.

Cleveland

Oakland

Chicago

Seattle

All those teams have arguably worse rosters than the Buffalo Bills. In fact, there is enough talent on this team to make the playoffs, if we get even average QB play.

It seems selective-amnesia is running rampant among Bills fans. Everyone forgets that you can count the number of times the Bills were blown out, the last few years, on one hand.

This team could easily be competitive with:

a decent QB

a serviceable LT

a replacement for Stroud

and depth

Here is your grade: F. You did zero analysis of the 53 man rosters of any team. Your sole argument is that "even average QB play" could make the Bills a playoff team, which is a non-starter since any team that enjoyed solid offensive production could say the same thing.

I have reason to believe this is your new head coach. I am not completely 100%, but would not post it in this manner if I did not think it was credible. There are no links for this information. I know it will be ugly if I am wrong, but I thought you would want the information.

Could be as soon as tomorrow.

So this dude kind of sucked for the Cowboys, lost to the Cardinals in the 98 playoffs, was fired and replaced by Dave Campo, and I am suppose to be optimistic that he is our man.

Welcome to the beginning of the end..............

People will stop buying tix and it will be the excuse any new owner needs after Wilson is gone to move the team.

He will say "Were not even selling out with prices this low" and that is how he will justify it.

Sad sad sad day.

Here is your grade: F. You did zero analysis of the 53 man rosters of any team. Your sole argument is that "even average QB play" would make the Bills a playoff team, which is a non-starter since any team that enjoyed solid offensive production could say the same thing.

Here is your grade F. As you are incapable of rational analysis. Tell me, if the Bills have the worst roster in the NFL, then why are they never at the bottom of it. Why have there been 7-8 teams below us the last 4 years?

Anyone can look at those rosters and realize that the Bills have more talent, but i doubt that any argument would sway you from your ridiculous belief that the Bills are always the worst at everything.

If you don't want Gailey, then you shouldn't want Cowher. Gailey was the coach Cowher recommended to take over Pittsburgh after he left.

I had heard Cowher was touting Gailey as his OC in his talks with the Bills. In fact that is what put Gailey on the Bills radar in the first place.

PTR

Please educate me as to why.

What is Gailey's philosophy? Who will his coordinators be? What kind of defense does he run? Is he fiery or cerebral? Is he a good teacher?

Do tell.

He's an awful coach, which is why Bill Cowher chose him to be his successor in Pittsburgh.

Welcome to the beginning of the end..............

People will stop buying tix and it will be the excuse any new owner needs after Wilson is gone to move the team.

He will say "Were not even selling out with prices this low" and that is how he will justify it.

Sad sad sad day.

Here's a bulletin for you: Ralph doesn't need an excuse to sell and move the team. If he wanted to he could have done it long ago. So please stop making stuff up. As long as Ralph Wilson draws breath, the Bills stay in Buffalo.

PTR

Please educate me as to why.

What is Gailey's philosophy? Who will his coordinators be? What kind of defense does he run? Is he fiery or cerebral? Is he a good teacher?

Do tell.

He is a re-tred. His O wasnt good enough to stay in KC........ he was a laughing stock here in ATL with Georgia State. My neighbor is laughing at me.

Here is your grade: F. You did zero analysis of the 53 man rosters of any team. Your sole argument is that "even average QB play" could make the Bills a playoff team, which is a non-starter since any team that enjoyed solid offensive production could say the same thing.

well we could have easily beaten the Jets twice. They're in the AFC championship game. We can't be that bad.

So, Gailey was OC for Denver for a SB champion, and OC in Pittsburgh for 2 division champions, became HC in Dallas and got two playoff appearances out of the caucus of the Cowboy dynasty coming off a 6-10 season, was OC in Miami for two 11 win seasons, and had six winning seasons as HC at GT, when recruiting is hugely overshadowed by bigger programs.

So, the guy has been a HC, can fix the dreadful offense and has been in the playoffs countless times.

What exactly are people complaining about other than he's not a "marque name"? Is it just that bitching and whining about the selection is the popular/cool thing to do??

Frankly, this is a better choice than I expected.

Here's a bulletin for you: Ralph doesn't need an excuse to sell and move the team. If he wanted to he could have done it long ago. So please stop making stuff up. As long as Ralph Wilson draws breath, the Bills stay in Buffalo.

PTR

I did say that a NEW owner would move the team.

If your really under the belief that this team will be here after Ralph is gone than you have your head in the sand my friend.

So, Gailey was OC for Denver for a SB champion, and OC in Pittsburgh for 2 division champions, became HC in Dallas and got two playoff appearances out of the caucus of the Cowboy dynasty coming off a 6-10 season, was OC in Miami for two 11 win seasons, and had six winning seasons as HC at GT, when recruiting is hugely overshadowed by bigger programs.

So, the guy has been a HC, can fix the dreadful offense and has been in the playoffs countless times.

What exactly are people complaining about other than he's not a "marque name"? Is it just that bitching and whining about the selection is the popular/cool thing to do??

I don't think he was at Denver for any championships. He was an qb coach and then an OC for the late 80s Elway teams. They were pretty good.

Let me try and put a positive spin on Gailey-

-After a mediocre 96 and 97 Emmitt Smith under Gailey had his 2 best years since the Cowboys superbowl run

-Gailey was 10-6 his first season despite Aikman only playing 11 games

-In 98 Aikman had his highest QB rating since the superbowl years

-Ranked in the top 10 in rushing attempts and rushing yards both years

-Had top 5 defenses both seasons

Here is your grade F. As you are incapable of rational analysis. Tell me, if the Bills have the worst roster in the NFL, then why are they never at the bottom of it. Why have there been 7-8 teams below us the last 4 years?

Anyone can look at those rosters and realize that the Bills have more talent, but i doubt that any argument would sway you from your ridiculous belief that the Bills are always the worst at everything.

I never said they had the worst roster. I never said the Bills were the worst at everything. You're just pissed that I called you on your baseless claims. If they are not baseless, pony up the facts that support the claims, not indignant posturing, straw-man building, and changing the subject. In short, grow a sack.

Fair enough. I'll suspend judgement until I hear him speak about how he's gonna build a winner here, and until I see which coordinators he gets.

I did say that a NEW owner would move the team.

If your really under the belief that this team will be here after Ralph is gone than you have your head in the sand my friend.

If you believe that the Bills will move after Ralph dies, then you have your head in the sand my friend. There is a far greater possibility that the Bills stay in Buffalo.

Well thanks for pissing on my little parade.

If they hire Chan Gailey how in the hell do they expect to sell any tickets? There will be pitchforks and torches from day 1.

strange things to carry when you buy your tickets and just like me you will. Thats why they call us loyal fans. How much do we B word about losing four straight now.