[Link] Are Cowher, Bills In Contract Negotiations?

I think it depends on the coach. Certainly someone like Cowher should have more freedoms than someone like Frazier, IMO. But, I agree, do you really want the HC also having final say on all personnel moves?

IMO, I think it's too much. In every instance I can think of that the HC was also the guy overseeing all personnel moves, it's led to mediocre results. Now, that doesn't mean that the HC and GM shouldn't be tied at the hip and essentially working as one. But, if Cowher insists on having final say on all players and FAs, that might be the deal breaker. I think Jauron had alot of control and Nix will give the new HC lots of control, but not final say (just my opinion).

As much as I liked the idea of Shannahan, I didn't like the idea that he insists on having say over every aspect of the team. You could argue that the more control he got in Denver, the more his teams struggled. It'll be interesting to see how he does in DC, now.

the broncos led the league in 2009 with $29.6 million in "dead money" from players no longer with the team. Shanahan brings em in and moves them out pretty fast. he and snyder are made for each other......i'm thinkin shanahan is counting on no salary cap agreement for the future.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironic that you call other people mommas boys.?.!. And stop doing this :nana: to everything you post. It is really annoying.

and yes i am attacking the poster and not the post, deal with it. Im over 40 i raised 6 kids, FYI No one really cares.

My grandmother used to always say "hate the tweet, don't hate the tweeter"

I don't think anyone enjoys bumping heads with their boss, especially over personnel issues. Being in that situation myself in the past, I can definately appreciate where he is coming from. I know that I like to have a lot of control over choosing the people who work for me. I think a lot of it will have to do with his compfort level with Nix and whoever else is either in or going to be in our front office....

Another thing I wonder about... what's the budget for the rest of the coaching staff? If you pay Cowher $7-$10/yr, what does that leave for all his assistant coaches? Could that be a sticking point, as well? I haven't heard any names thrown out with Cowher (other than Lebeau).

here is the insider story... basically a reprint of everything else

"The rumors over the past week have been conflicting as to whether or not Bill Cowher is returning to the NFL sidelines for 2010. The big problem -- as we're beginning to see -- is that there might not be a good situation for him.

ESPN.com's Mike Sando speculated that Cowher could go to the Seahawks, whereas other rumors linked Cowher to the Panthers (if John Fox leaves), Cowboys (if they lose Saturday and Wade Phillips is fired) and Jaguars. It seems as though Raheem Morris is safe in Tampa Bay, at least from Cowher replacing him.

While rumors of Cowher going to the Bills have sparked intense debate from both sides -- with NFL Insider Adam Schefter even getting a tip that Cowher wasn't in Buffalo on Tuesday, but instead walking his dog -- EastAurora.org's Joe Logan tweeted on Wednesday night that "Cowher OK with what the Bills will offer salary wise, but looking for commitment from RB for player budget." RB is Russ Brandon, Bills president. We're pretty sure the Bills don't leave the budget for player salaries up to Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson."

Thanks for grabbing it...I kinda figured that is what it was going to be...hoped that it might have a little more...oh well ...

While rumors of Cowher going to the Bills have sparked intense debate from both sides -- with NFL Insider Adam Schefter even getting a tip that Cowher wasn't in Buffalo on Tuesday, but instead walking his dog -- EastAurora.org's Joe Logan tweeted on Wednesday night that "Cowher OK with what the Bills will offer salary wise, but looking for commitment from RB for player budget." RB is Russ Brandon, Bills president. We're pretty sure the Bills don't leave the budget for player salaries up to Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson."

Its Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch now. Get it right, ESPN! :nana:

the broncos led the league in 2009 with $29.6 million in "dead money" from players no longer with the team. Shanahan brings em in and moves them out pretty fast. he and snyder are made for each other......i'm thinkin shanahan is counting on no salary cap agreement for the future.

Very good point. And how often have teams really gotten good, and stayed good, that bring in the top FAs every year? Like I say, I wanted Shanny. His teams always seemed well coached, but he certainly seems to be bringing a lot of question marks with him as well. Hopefully, the Skins will tank for a few years and we can feel like the Bills lucked out for once.

What's curious about Cowher is... no one has really commented on exactly how much control he wants. You gotta assume its alot, but is it Parcells/Shanny level of control?

Does anyone know how to filter out a posters reposnses when viewing a thread?

It's called the 'Ignore User' feature. Click the member name of the person you want to ignore, then on the right click on 'Profile Options' and select 'Ignore User'.

The only limitation of the feature is that if someone quotes that user in a post of theirs, you will see it in there.

Listen , trust me when i tell you i do not need to be lectured although you're insight was appreciated . That said, i just do not like when i see people getting attacked for an opinion which is what MB's are based 95% on..opinions! ..i mean have at it for all i care when ripping apart the opinion but NOT EVER the postER. Little history on me so you know, i have never taken any ones bs my whole over 40 years of existence here on this Earth whether it be out on the road where i have put many middle finger enthusiasts in their place or little mommas boys hiding behind the comfy confines of a pc...i have many friends in the Buffalo police dept and i have ways of finding out where people live even on a pc ...just thought i would give you a history lesson on me..i live my life by the motto of "always and forever calling someones bluff ! Other then that i am a great guy indeed ! :nana: rant off and i hope i have not offended anyone ...

clown. shoes.

Interesting quote from Chris Brown and why would he bother to say this if Cowher isn't in the mix? It's in the same ball park as Logan's info. He just makes some quick comments on Cowher after he reports Thurman put a shout out to Cowher on Twitter.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/07/t...-out-to-cowher/

Interesting quote from Chris Brown and why would he bother to say this if Cowher isn't in the mix? It's in the same ball park as Logan's info. He just makes some quick comments on Cowher after he reports Thurman put a shout out to Cowher on Twitter.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/07/t...-out-to-cowher/

Thurman's tweet:

thurmanthomas Hey Cowher, besides The Steeler and Cowboys, this the best Fan Base. Not Tampa or Carolina, r any other team period!!!!!

Love it. So the Steelers and Cowboys have the best fan bases. Tampa and Carolina don't have the best fan bases. But wait....Buffalo now has the best fan base.

Thanks for clearing that up TT. :nana: