[Link] Are Cowher, Bills In Contract Negotiations?

Joe Logan = SKOOBY

I tend to believe what Adam Schefter has to say, the guy knows whats going on behind the scenes, While at the NFL he was always reporting things nobody believed that turned out to be true, like Morris HC of the Buc's

And he nailed the Donte Whitner pick to the Bills also. :D

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills want Cowher and Cowher wants to coach the Bills, it should have been done by now. Shanahan signed quickly enough.

I agree shanny was done post haste and suspect that this is a critical time. Of course, it doesn't sound as if Cowher will have many other coaching options this year so that could slow the Bills down a bit but still Nix said sooner than later. I'm hoping it's soon; all the variables seem to be in place for it to happen....if it's going to happen.

I suspect no news is good news right now

If the Bills want Cowher and Cowher wants to coach the Bills, it should have been done by now. Shanahan signed quickly enough.

Shanahan and the Redskins have been talking all season. His deal was just about done with the Redskins the day he dropped out of the Bills offer

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cowher wait to see what happens with the Cowboys this weekend.

If the Cowboys lose, there is a good chance that Wade Phillips is out of a job and Cowher will have a potential landing place with a team that will have more than enough money to satisfy his contractual demands as well as enough money to throw at potential Free Agents.

They are also in a position to win sooner than the Bills.

I will expect that we'll find out if Cowher will be coaching the Bills early next week.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cowher wait to see what happens with the Cowboys this weekend.

If the Cowboys lose, there is a good chance that Wade Phillips is out of a job and Cowher will have a potential landing place with a team that will have more than enough money to satisfy his contractual demands as well as enough money to throw at potential Free Agents.

I will expect that we'll find out if Cowher will be coaching the Bills early next week.

so Cowher is being vulturelike

That may be his last hold out.

Shanahan and the Redskins have been talking all season. His deal was just about done with the Redskins the day he dropped out of the Bills offer

Understand about Shanahan but if both sides want a deal it still should be done or close to it. If Cowher is waiting for other opportunities he really does not want to be here and do we really want him here?

Great Point OJ,..... This is the best point in wks

Understand about Shanahan but if both sides want a deal it still should be done or close to it. If Cowher is waiting for other opportunities he really does not want to be here and do we really want him here?

agreed - how much interest does he have if he's waiting for the outcome of a Dallas game? I want someone who wants to coach the Bills.

That's why I think the longer this goes, the less chance it is of happening. He's been out of the league a while and reportedly assembling his staff. He should be ready to roll through the contract negotiations, etc.

Suspect that he would want to tour the facility and area, though prior to signing a contract?

is that where he is now...I've always assumed he was...living in a van down by the river!

Despite SDS's claim, I still have the van. It is parked by the river (it doesn't run), and happens to be under a bridge. I do my best as the troll of the bridge to scrape together what I can to make a living.

i must be missing something on this website..i hope you are attacking that poster in jest , otherwise ..well..i will just keep my mouth shut ..even though i am saving these tidbits via screenshots just to have them in case i need them :D

I appreciate your support. But this is simply trash talking among old friends and foes. Seriously, there is nothing you need to be concerned about here. But thanks for the effort.

It's in Cowher's best interest to explore as many opportunities as possible. Just because he's waiting to see what happens doesn't necessarily indicate he doesn't want to coach for the Bills.

I think Cowher is going to be coaching next year. With the current state of the CBA and the potential for a league lock out next year along with Cowher not having coached in the last few years, this year is the best possibility of him getting back into the league before its too late.

It's in Cowher's best interest to explore as many opportunities as possible. Just because he's waiting to see what happens doesn't necessarily indicate he doesn't want to coach for the Bills.

I think Cowher is going to be coaching next year. With the current state of the CBA and the potential for a league lock out next year along with Cowher not having coached in the last few years, this year is the best possibility of him getting back into the league before its too late.

Yeah, good point.

I find it interesting that most of the reports say the Bills are interviewing Leslie (sp?) Frazier yet they are in contract negotiations with Cowher?....seems like BS to me

I hope this coaching hoopla ends soon

Why does that sound odd to you? If the negotiations are in the initial process, why would the Bills suspend their process? That makes no sense whatsoever. Until Cower says "NO", they are "in negotiations". But until he says "Yes" they still need a coach.

That's why I think the longer this goes, the less chance it is of happening.

Starting to think this way too. Must be step 3 of the 12 step process..

I couldn't blame him if waiting on Wade's outcome could create this opportunity. Love my Bills and I'm desparate for a competitive team here, but were I in his shoes...

Damn!

Now I have to root for the 'dem Cowboys?!?'

agreed - how much interest does he have if he's waiting for the outcome of a Dallas game? I want someone who wants to coach the Bills.

That's why I think the longer this goes, the less chance it is of happening. He's been out of the league a while and reportedly assembling his staff. He should be ready to roll through the contract negotiations, etc.

Suspect that he would want to tour the facility and area, though prior to signing a contract?

Bobby April or Perry Fewell everyone else last resort.