[Link] Are Cowher, Bills In Contract Negotiations?

Logan notes that his source is a friend and is close to the Bills and "absolutely connected to this situation". Jim Kelly and Steve Tasker both live in East Aurora.

I'm not saying this guy is completely reliable but he sounds like does have some kind of link to someone inside the Bills.

The thing that stands out the most about this Logan fellow is that he doesn't appear to be in the sporting loop and this looks like someones way of leaking info without contacting any major news outlets.

http://www.eastaurora.org/article.aspx?artno=1228

I realize you're not necessarily implying Kelly/Tasker are the friends, but I just wonder if either of them would want to be voluntarily leaking this info.

Tasker works for CBS, so would he be jeopardizing his job by leaking this info about a colleague? And is he THAT connected to the Bills these days?

I can see how Kelly might want to get a buzz out there, but it's strange that even he (who seems to be connected to the organization) would want to leak this stuff when the organization seems to want to keep this on the down-low.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize you're not necessarily implying Kelly/Tasker are the friends, but I just wonder if either of them would want to be voluntarily leaking this info.

Tasker works for CBS, so would he be jeopardizing his job by leaking this info about a colleague? And is he THAT connected to the Bills these days?

I can see how Kelly might want to get a buzz out there, but it's strange that even he (who seems to be connected to the organization) would want to leak this stuff when the organization seems to want to keep this on the down-low.

Preeeecisely. Tasker and Kelly live in East Aurora (well, more on the outskirts), but so do a bunch of other people connected to the team. In other words, don't automatically assume it's someone you've heard of, simply because you HAVE heard of them.

scooping the national media on the coaches, and the fact that this guy isn't pimping a sports blog or anything seems to make him more believable to me as well.

There is too much smoke for nothing to be going on, the whole CBS highlights thing was also a pretty big indicator to me that there is definitely some conversation going on

Someone else posted that he was waiting on the Player budget. Supposedly, Cowher wants to make sure he has the budget to make a competitive team. I wonder why he would want to do that...

And there post makes them a better interpreter because....

Or maybe it has nothing to do with anyone who lives in East Aurora, and he happens to know how to operate a telephone.

Nonsense, everyone knows that leaks are face to face, in a dark alley, with someone holding an umbrella.

Simon Cowell will be coaching the Bills?!?!? WTF, I don't even watch American Idol, but all the snippets I have seen show this snarky Brit as an arrogant, pompous D-bag. Does he even realize this is American Football? Leave it to the Bills to go in uncharted waters when looking for a coach.

He'd be better than DJ.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...chasing-cowher/

One of the more intriguing dynamics in Buffalo arises from the presence of many former Bills players in the various Western New York communities. Coupled with the fact that more than a few of them have access to inside information regarding the team for which they once played, opportunities exist for plenty of folks not in the traditional media business to develop possibly good information about the team.

Lately, we've been paying attention (or, more accurately, readers have been repeatedly pointing out to us) the information being posted online by Joe Logan of EastAurora.org.

Logan reported Monday, January 4 that the Bills were slated to meet with Cowher on Tuesday, January 5, a disclosure that carried extra credibility because Logan also appeared to be the first to report that the Bills would be clearing out their coaching staff.

In the wake of Logan's report, we've seen nothing indicating directly and unequivocally that he is off base. (The closest thing to a refutation comes in the January 7 Buffalo News, in which Mark Gaughan writes that it is "believed the Bills still are conducting some lobbying to try to convince former Pittsburgh coach Bill Cowher" but that "ignificant talks with Cowher have yet to happen.")

But Logan has an intriguing new nugget, posting Wednesday night on Twitter. He writes that Cowher is "OK" with the Bills' salary offer, but that Cowher wants a "commitment" from Russ Brandon regarding the money that would be available to sign players.

We'll continue to wait for someone to report that Logan is full of crap. Until someone does, we'll continue to keep an open mind as to the possibility that Logan knows someone who knows precisely what's happening at One Bills Drive.

:wallbash:

I'm thinking he's full of ****.

Then why are they going to Minnesota to interview Frazier?

Leverage

:wallbash:

Then why are they going to Minnesota to interview Frazier?

To distract the mainstream media. Also, perhaps the coach they DO want to hire has let it be known that he wouldn't mind hiring Frazier as assistant HC/DC?