Bills press conference @2:30-Nix confirmed as new GM

zdro22

For those that cannot watch it, Ralph announced that Nix will:

-Oversee football operations

-Will hire the head coach

-Russ will become the CEO, a "promotion, I guess"

-Oversee all football activities.

-Will not be involved in marketing and other front office dealings.

Thanks. Don't mind the 1st two.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look around the league and tell me how many 70+year old GM's there are. If Buffalo is the only one, there's an issue. Kinda like when the team didn't have a GM from 2006-2009.

You're right, most execs peak about twenty years earlier, but its still a case of applying a generality to a specific person. Every person is different. If Buddy Nix is still a top talent evaluator at this stage of life, and I've yet to see an argument otherwise, I have no issue at all with his age or his promotion to GM.

Nix: "My stengths are football and personel." "I am not the smartest guy around. I'm not the smartest guy in the room." "I'm not afraid to tell you I don't know." "I'm just trying to help us win." "Every decision we make will be to help us win a game." "I see a little disappointment on your face, I know this is not one of the genius ya'll wanted." "It does not matter what kind of splash we make today, it matters that two or three years from today we got this in the right direction." "You're not that far away in this league. The league is watered down."

Bits of quotes from Nix. More will come

Doesn't bother me. If he puts together a good scouting staff, he will do fine- the scouting staff does a lot of the work for the GM. The GM prioritizes. Give him a chance- he will succeed or fail on his own merits, and we don't know what t hose are yet.