Bills press conference @2:30-Nix confirmed as new GM

zdro22

I think that the Bills knew they were going w/ Nix for a while now. It makes sense that they could reach out to different coaches "before" having a GM, they knew they were going w/ Buddy, so they could just ask him who he liked.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nix and Wilson are the Statler and Waldorf of the NFL

Yes, yes...gotta be first in line to rip the move, that way if it goes south, you cna be the first to say "I told you so..."

Dude, really. They hired a football guy to run the football show, you'd think people would be amped.

I for sure thought that Ralph would go OUTSIDE OBD to hire a GM. This would give fresh input on whats wrong with the team and fix it.

I don't know how this is going to play out but it shows that Ralph does not trust anybody but yes men.

The only way this will work if Ralph takes a seat back and lets Nix run it the way he wants to.

Otherwise same sh&&, different decade.

Kinda disappointed in the Nix hiring :worthy:

I for sure thought that Ralph would go OUTSIDE OBD to hire a GM. This would give fresh input on whats wrong with the team and fix it.

I don't know how this is going to play out but it shows that Ralph does not trust anybody but yes men.

The only way this will work if Ralph takes a seat back and lets Nix run it the way he wants to.

Otherwise same sh&&, different decade.

Kinda disappointed in the Nix hiring :worthy:

I don't even understand what you want. A new guy who's been a SB winner as a GM elsewhere but not too old with a great drafting record?

PTR

This is it BABY!!! Cowher will be announced as the new head coach...Ralph is selling the team to Kelly and his investors...a new retractable Dome stadium is getting built on the waterfront...team commits to staying in BUffalo for another 50 yrs.

Do you think I'm getting my hopes up?

Can't decide if New Years Eve day is the best time for a big press conference? or the worst time?

Good thoughts! Lets hope it happens!

Ask yourself, "Why do this now?"

Who are the Bills beating to the punch here? Nobody. They are declaring an end to their "search" though just before any new teams decide to blow up their own front offices and start looking around and interviewing hot prospects, which includes making lists of who the hot prospects are and are not and setting the going market value for the position in 2010.

From the optimistic perspective, maybe they wanted to get this done now so as to jump in with their new head coach asap.

So he can interview Ron Rivera for the HC job during the Chargers' bye week?

For those that cannot watch it, Ralph announced that Nix will:

-Oversee football operations

-Will hire the head coach

-Russ will become the CEO, a "promotion, I guess"

-Oversee all football activities.

-Will not be involved in marketing and other front office dealings.