Bills press conference @2:30-Nix confirmed as new GM

zdro22

Asked about his timetable:

I Never thought about doing this. When I got in personel this is where i wanted to wind up.

Ralph asked if we looked outside

Said yeah, we looked at some possible canidates, there was feedback, lost part of it....

Ralph said Buddy has great experience.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy Nix - "Bills are not that far away"

League parity, etc. - most games are won or lost on 2 or 3 plays

Glad to see he's got a firm hold on reality - yessiree....the Bills are a couple of players and a couple of plays a game away from being a dominant NFL force the likes of which have never been seen before.....

Anyone see the update on Buddy Nix wikipedia page? Not the funniest update that I have read

Buffalo Bills have hired former toy maker, Buddy the elf to run their vaunted front office. He will begin searching immediately for the next great etch a sketch tester, and then take over full time as the GM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Nix#cite_note-0

(its at the bottom)

Nix might well be the best man for the job. But, it's not like the Bills actually did due diligence to find out, is it? They gave token interviews to Guy and Modrak, who have been onboard for a decade of futility. The reality is that there was one "promote from within" candidate that wasn't around this last decade and wasn't brought in by Donahoe and he, surprise surprise, gets the GM-ship.

That's Ralph's definition of "big changes" and pulling out all the stops to get it right this time. It's just too much to ask for that the Bills actually walk outside the building to look for something new.

Totally 100% agree...

Nix may turn out just fine...I have no idea...But staying in-house with this Hire, at this time, well...I just can't believe it...

I really just can't believe it... :worthy:

Ralph on disappointment of fans for not bringing in top guy

I say to the fans, I know buddy he's done a great job whereever he's been...He's been a scout for us and an assistant GM in SD. I am not looking for great names, i'm looking for someone who can get the job done. there is one caviat. it's not going to come immediately. i think you build a football team through the draft. you can go out through FA and sign some guys but it's done through the draft...it's going to take time, we're not that far away. We get the right HC under buddy and the right assist coaches, it's not far away. we're goign to have to have some good drafts, and we're going to have to be lucky. it's my philosophy that you have to be lucky in life...

So, that's why we selected buddy.

I hope the fans understand that just bringing somebody in who's been in the papaer the last few years does not means he's going to be successful indefinately.

My favorite part was him saying how "not smart" he is over and over.

Alright we get it - you are not smart! Join the club at One Bills Drive. You should feel right at home.

And you've got to be lucky. As in, lightning striking twice in the 50 year history of the team.