Bills press conference @2:30-Nix confirmed as new GM

zdro22

for christ sake will get off maybins back, he needs to get stronger, give him time. he is only 21 let him grow into his body......

Hopefully he grows into a new brain too becauze he sure didn't seem to figure out a way to compensate for his shortcoming. He just continually ran into a brick wall over and over.

Maybin = Erik Flowers

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only complaint I have is that they interviewed John Guy. I understand that it was likely due to the Rooney rule, but good grief, their pro talent evaluation has been awful this decade. He should be the first one out the door.

John Guy is black? I always pictured him as a balding middle-aged white man.

I'm OK with Nix, but your logic is BS. There are quality GM's sitting out there now. Also, the Browns did it, so why not the Bills again?

Such as? Holmgren said no. Ron Wolf and Schottenheimer want to stay retired. Who else as out there that you would have approved of?

PTR

Nix might well be the best man for the job. But, it's not like the Bills actually did due diligence to find out, is it? They gave token interviews to Guy and Modrak, who have been onboard for a decade of futility. The reality is that there was one "promote from within" candidate that wasn't around this last decade and wasn't brought in by Donahoe and he, surprise surprise, gets the GM-ship.

That's Ralph's definition of "big changes" and pulling out all the stops to get it right this time. It's just too much to ask for that the Bills actually walk outside the building to look for something new.

Maybe, maybe not. If the Bills think that Buddy Nix is that good at what he does, I don't really blame them for not looking outside the organization. If he's the guy that they really wanted to hire, they should just hire him and get it over with.

Such as? Holmgren said no. Who else as out there that you would have approved of?

PTR

I'm not going into all that, because it's been re-hashed over and over who all the big name GM's that are sitting out there. You said exactly that "The Bills could not go outside for a GM candidate until the end of the season." That's false. Completely. As far as we know about Holmgren too is that we asked him to be our coach, not GM. We don't know that for sure, but the report was about coaching, not running the org.

I'm just asking, does he? Seems that everyone here all of a sudden has AJ just sitting around in SD watching Nix run the org. Be at least a little more objective on the situation.

And how soon we forget that we heard the same exact story when Modrak was hired, helped build the Eagles, well-respected and experienced, etc. etc. The skepticism is deserved.