Breaking News for the Senator

JoeF

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty large accusation when we don't know anything about what happened.

Please... It totally spoiled parents,.....Where was Texas Tech Fb before Leach.....Yeah,... no where

coldstorage5 doesn't have a problem with storing a player in a cool shed... :thumbsup:

And I thought The Great Santini was just a movie.

Seriously, it's Frank Kush redux.

Its more Cool Hand Lukish.

Them clothes got laundry numbers on them. You remember your number and always wear the ones that has your number. Any man forgets his number spends a night in the box. These here spoons you keep with you. Any man loses his spoon spends a night in the box. There's no playing grab-ass or fighting in the building. You got a grudge against another man, you fight him Saturday afternoon. Any man playing grab-ass or fighting in the building spends a night in the box. First bell's at five minutes of eight when you will get in your bunk. Last bell is at eight. Any man not in his bunk at eight spends the night in the box. There is no smoking in the prone position in bed. To smoke you must have both legs over the side of your bunk. Any man caught smoking in the prone position in bed... spends a night in the box. You get two sheets. Every Saturday, you put the clean sheet on the top... the top sheet on the bottom... and the bottom sheet you turn in to the laundry boy. Any man turns in the wrong sheet spends a night in the box. No one'll sit in the bunks with dirty pants on. Any man with dirty pants on sitting on the bunks spends a night in the box. Any man don't bring back his empty pop bottle spends a night in the box. Any man loud talking spends a night in the box. Any man wearing sunglasses to practice spends a night in the box. You got questions, you come to me. I'm Leach, the floor walker. I'm responsible for order in here. Any man don't keep order spends a night in...

Little Craig James: ...the box.

Leach the Floor Walker: I hope you ain't going to be a hard case.

Little Craig James: [smiles, shakes head] .

1. The players involved in these incidents are probably the very dumbasses Leach describes them as. Many athletes are.

2. Leach's tactics make HIM just as big a dumbass as any of these players. His actions are alot like temper tantrums.

3. James' family making this a legal issue makes them look like gold diggers. I don't buy their reasoning whatsoever.

4. Leach is easily off my list of hopeful HC candidates for this crap. He obviously belongs in college sports.

the player was advised by his doctor that he should avoid sunlight, hence the sunglasses.......leach was just trying to make sure that happened (lol).......Leach's lawyer says..... “The diagnosing doctor has signed a note stating that Adam James was in no way injured by the actions coach Leach took. In fact, he was better off in the building than he would have been outside.”

seriously tho, this kind of treatment is inappropriate......just don't play the kid if you want to make a point. Leach has a long history of trying to embarrass his players in unusual ways. this is NOT going to end well, it is clear the university does NOT want leach as their coach, but also do not want to have to pay on his remaining contract.

If Tech terminates its contract with Leach, the school would have to pay him $400,000 for each year remaining on the agreement. There is no buy-out amount. In February, Leach and Tech agreed to a five-year, $12.7-million deal that could keep him at the school through 2013. The contract includes a $250,000 bonus if Leach and Tech win the national championship, a $75,000 bonus if Tech participates in a BCS bowl and a $50,000 bonus if Leach is picked as national coach of the year.

the player was advised by his doctor that he should avoid sunlight, hence the sunglasses.......leach was just trying to make sure that happened (lol).......Leach's lawyer says..... “The diagnosing doctor has signed a note stating that Adam James was in no way injured by the actions coach Leach took. In fact, he was better off in the building than he would have been outside.”

seriously tho, this kind of treatment is inappropriate......just don't play the kid if you want to make a point. Leach has a long history of trying to embarrass his players in unusual ways. this is NOT going to end well, it is clear the university does NOT want leach as their coach, but also do not want to have to pay on his remaining contract.

If Tech terminates its contract with Leach, the school would have to pay him $400,000 for each year remaining on the agreement. There is no buy-out amount. In February, Leach and Tech agreed to a five-year, $12.7-million deal that could keep him at the school through 2013. The contract includes a $250,000 bonus if Leach and Tech win the national championship, a $75,000 bonus if Tech participates in a BCS bowl and a $50,000 bonus if Leach is picked as national coach of the year.

His ass is gonna be fired and he should be.

Pretty large accusation when we don't know anything about what happened.

Yeah we really need to treat those guys like **** after suffering a concussion.

i made my post before any details of the accusations were released and in the shadow of Kansas firing their coach because he grabbed a kid by a facemask.

i, myself, probably would not have pulled what Leach is accused of doing. however, i dont see it as the end of the world either. boo hoo, he made me stand in a closet. that closet in their multi-million dollar sports facility is probably nicer than a lot of people's apartments. ive had concussions before (lacrosse and rugby) and bright lights hurt your head and youre not supposed to fall asleep. so sticking him in a dark closet and making him stand was not that bad. i think the player is just being a baby.

the "pussification of america" is talked about often on this board. here is another prime example, IMO. if you think this is too rough, too insensitive, too unorthodox, you should ask some old guys who played for some classic coaches what theyve seen while playing ball for guys like Bear Bryant, Bo Schembechler, etc.

i made my post before any details of the accusations were released and in the shadow of Kansas firing their coach because he grabbed a kid by a facemask.

i, myself, probably would not have pulled what Leach is accused of doing. however, i dont see it as the end of the world either. boo hoo, he made me stand in a closet. that closet in their multi-million dollar sports facility is probably nicer than a lot of people's apartments. ive had concussions before (lacrosse and rugby) and bright lights hurt your head and youre not supposed to fall asleep. so sticking him in a dark closet and making him stand was not that bad. i think the player is just being a baby.

the "pussification of america" is talked about often on this board. here is another prime example, IMO. if you think this is too rough, too insensitive, too unorthodox, you should ask some old guys who played for some classic coaches what theyve seen while playing ball for guys like Bear Bryant, Bo Schembechler, etc.

So because some coaches in the past mistreated their players more harshly, you think that justifies this player being mistreated? Maybe they should have waterboarded him to get him to tell the truth about if he really had a concussion. A reasonable person would have asked the medical staff what would be a proper place for the player to recover and if he needed supervision. You would think a college head coach would already know how to handle such a situation.

Its more Cool Hand Lukish.

Them clothes got laundry numbers on them. You remember your number and always wear the ones that has your number. Any man forgets his number spends a night in the box. These here spoons you keep with you. Any man loses his spoon spends a night in the box. There's no playing grab-ass or fighting in the building. You got a grudge against another man, you fight him Saturday afternoon. Any man playing grab-ass or fighting in the building spends a night in the box. First bell's at five minutes of eight when you will get in your bunk. Last bell is at eight. Any man not in his bunk at eight spends the night in the box. There is no smoking in the prone position in bed. To smoke you must have both legs over the side of your bunk. Any man caught smoking in the prone position in bed... spends a night in the box. You get two sheets. Every Saturday, you put the clean sheet on the top... the top sheet on the bottom... and the bottom sheet you turn in to the laundry boy. Any man turns in the wrong sheet spends a night in the box. No one'll sit in the bunks with dirty pants on. Any man with dirty pants on sitting on the bunks spends a night in the box. Any man don't bring back his empty pop bottle spends a night in the box. Any man loud talking spends a night in the box. Any man wearing sunglasses to practice spends a night in the box. You got questions, you come to me. I'm Leach, the floor walker. I'm responsible for order in here. Any man don't keep order spends a night in...

Little Craig James: ...the box.

Leach the Floor Walker: I hope you ain't going to be a hard case.

Little Craig James: [smiles, shakes head] .

Movie was a classic and one of my all time favorites...

Sorry, I'm used to the posts about Leach from the Senator. I haven't seen any posts from the Sen, so I figure he had to fly out to Lubbock to console his idol. Give him a hug for us, Senator.

No doubt the Senator is back in the dark closet doing just that.

I hope when Leach put him in the closet, Leach made sure he had plenty of water in his bowl too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/news/story?id=4776848

He may be available.....woooo hoooo.... :censored:

I like Leach a lot-he is the Aristotle of College Football Coaches. I hope the complaint turns out to be unfounded.

Thanks for that news, Joe - have been a bit 'out of pocket' the last few days with the holidays, and attending to a sick relative at Roswell.

My guess is that the know-nothing dolts that are part of the anti-Leach campaign will, in a most 'knee-jerk'-like fashion, instantly side with the snot-nosed punk son of former Cheatriettes* panty-waist Craig James - who played alongside Cheatriettes* QB, Tony 'Should Be Wearing a Skirt' Eason.

(Wish I could take credit for the 'Tony Eason should be wearing a skirt' line, but attribution must be given to Eason's own teammate, HOF guard and one of the best offensive lineman ever, John Hannah.)

Expect obvious Craig James fan and cross-dressing Patriettes* diehard...

Mr. WEO

...to lead that anti-Leach brigade, in defense of the 'Doug Neidermeyer-like' Craig James and his soon-to-be-former Texas Tech 3rd string WR son, Adam.

Myself, I do think the incident widens the chasm between Leach and Texas Tech AD Gerald Myers, which almost resulted in Leach getting fired last February for wanting to honor his existing contract, and may make Leach once again cast his wandering eye toward other head coaching opportunities - including, hopefully, the one here in Buffalo.

Meanwhile, I'd hate to be the a-hole underclassman Adam James, who just got my head-coach suspended on the eve of a major bowl game, and whose college football days are likely over. Wonder just how many Texas Tech mens' rooms he'll be found in this Spring, hanging by his jockey shorts with TT offensive lineman Brandon Carter's worn jock strap draped over his head, and what school he'll transfer to next Fall?

When this is all over, Leach will be found to have done nothing too eggregious - certainly nothing more than a Woody Hayes or Bear Bryant or countless others might have done, and the holier-than-thou Patriettes* panty-waist Craig James and his wussier-than-thou, spoiled, snot-nosed son will be the ones doing the apologizing. My guess is that these Lubbock looneys are no match for...

Mike Leach, J.D.

Quick update -

Gist of the original allegation by former Patriettes* panty-waist turned ESPN talking head Craig James is that Mike Leach mistreated James' son, Texas Tech 3rd string WR Adam James by ordering that James be placed in the 'tightest, darkest, space possible' and confined there for 3 hours.

Now I'd say that if Leach really ordered James confined to the tightest, darkest space possible, James would have found his face somewhere up offensive lineman Brandon Carter's butt crack for the duration of the teams' practice. (My bet is that James will find his face there eventually, probably sooner than later, unless he transfers out of Tech in a hurry.)

First, here is a photo of this supposed dark, tightly confining closet (it's the equipment shed with the white roof) - a rather large outbuilding adjacent the practice field, though probably much cooler and darker (per James' doctor's alleged recommendation), where James also had access to a stationary exercise bike...

link - equipment shed photo

Second, Leach has never been known to violate any NCAA rules on player treatment, as a wave of former players who went public this week have attested. Not only have many of Leach’s former players already come forward to defend him, but testimonials popping up on the Internet are running roughly 100 to 1 in favor of Leach and against his bosses, Texas Tech’s athletic director Gerald Myers and Tech Chancellor Kent Hance.

As far as anyone can tell, here is what happened. On December 16, Adam James suffered a mild concussion. Since he could therefore not participate in contact drills, the coaches had him walking the track. The next day he showed up wearing sunglasses, explaining that the doctor said this would help him recover. Leach, apparently thinking that James was exaggerating his injury—though this is not entirely clear—sent him to the team's equipment room to stand in the darkness. (In some accounts this has been described as a “shed” or a “closet.” I have been there and seen it, and it is a normal equipment room.) According to the James family’s allegations, Adam was forced to do this for the next two days.

This is where things get a bit fuzzy. Leach later told Tech officials that he thought James was a slacker. I can confirm that Leach and his coaches thought this about James as far back as March. In one of the coaches meetings that I attended, James and one other player were specifically discussed. Without saying why, Leach told his coaches they needed to get tougher on those players since they obviously felt they were not giving 100 percent. There seemed to be general agreement on this. According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Leach also told officials that Craig James had behaved like a Little League dad, constantly calling and complaining. At issue apparently was Adam’s playing time. He was not getting a lot of it, was unhappy about that, and according to several reports is already planning to transfer to SMU.

(Excerpted from Texas Monthly: Pirate Under Attack. Avast, Ye Swabs! - link)

Best to have the facts first, boys, before you even consider faulting Leach here, much less declare him done at Texas Tech. If Leach is done at TT, it will be his own choice - not something forced upon him by insecure AD Gerald Myer, whom Leach embarrassed last Spring in a highly public showdown over his contract extension, or by a spoiled, snot-nosed, 3rd string WR who happens to be a rich son of a former NFL player and current ESPN announcer.

BTW - ESPN is televising the Alamo Bowl. I wonder just how happy they'll be with Craig James should Leach - a sure ratings draw - not be allowed to coach that game? (James, who was scheduled to announce the game, has already been removed from the broadcast team.)

Myself, I'm intrigued and even hopefully optimistic - Leach is way too smart not to milk this for all the publicity he can get, and while it puts him further in the national spotlight, it also opens the door for the Bills to actively seek their next head coach in one...