Breaking News for the Senator

JoeF

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whether he was "abusive" in his treatment of this kid or not, his way of dealing with him shows such an appalling lack of judgment that i don't want him near the bills. he went out of his way to humiliate the kid, which to me proves there is no way he can handle grown men.

Bottom line:

No school wants this type of publicity.

Of course not. That's why they went and fired the guy. It's not about Myers ego, the Craig family's blatant lies, or the $800K bonus Leach was to receive tomorrow - it's about avoiding 'bad publicity'. :rolleyes:

And by firing Leach, TTU has virtually guaranteed themselves front page publicity for the duration of what is sure to be a prolonged court battle to clear Leach's name and reputation. :doh:

Link - LA Times: Texas Tech fires football coach Mike Leach, two days after suspension

I must say I'm shocked, and the timing (as they were about to walk into an open hearing on Leach's suspension before a Texas judge) suggests that TTU knew they would lose today's legal round, and that this was maybe more about the $800K bonus Leach was to receive tomorrow and AD Gerald Myers ego, than any mistreatment of student athletes.

I still say Leach will be vindicated, awill win any legal battles with TTU over 'termination with cause', and will get the $800K bonus, the $1.6M buyout, and then some.

Oh well, TTU's loss may be the NFL's - and Buffalo Bills' - gain.

You are the only man in America shocked by this. Leach couldn't have been as surprised as you.

You don't get a buyout when your fired.

You don't get a buyout when your fired.

You do when a judge says you were unjustly terminated and the school owes you the money, plus damages - which will be the ultimate outcome of all this.

Here's a place that might be able to help you...

Center for Literacy and Reading Instruction

SUNY Buffalo - (716) 645-2470

the player was advised by his doctor that he should avoid sunlight, hence the sunglasses.......leach was just trying to make sure that happened (lol).......Leach's lawyer says..... “The diagnosing doctor has signed a note stating that Adam James was in no way injured by the actions coach Leach took. In fact, he was better off in the building than he would have been outside.”

seriously tho, this kind of treatment is inappropriate......just don't play the kid if you want to make a point. Leach has a long history of trying to embarrass his players in unusual ways. this is NOT going to end well, it is clear the university does NOT want leach as their coach, but also do not want to have to pay on his remaining contract.

If Tech terminates its contract with Leach, the school would have to pay him $400,000 for each year remaining on the agreement. There is no buy-out amount. In February, Leach and Tech agreed to a five-year, $12.7-million deal that could keep him at the school through 2013. The contract includes a $250,000 bonus if Leach and Tech win the national championship, a $75,000 bonus if Tech participates in a BCS bowl and a $50,000 bonus if Leach is picked as national coach of the year.

short term the firing was necessary to prevent the possibilty of his winning in court the right to coach in the bowl game and the school wanted to avoid the $800,000 bonus that was due tommorrow Dec 31st....... Long term, Leach's ability to "recruit" has been severly hurt by the stories of harsh mistreatment of players. the school did the right thing, but i do believe Leach will win in court regarding monies owed for being terminated.

short term the firing was necessary to prevent the possibilty of his winning in court the right to coach in the bowl game and the school wanted to avoid the $800,000 bonus that was due tommorrow Dec 31st....... Long term, Leach's ability to "recruit" has been severly hurt by the stories of harsh mistreatment of players. the school did the right thing, but i do believe Leach will win in court regarding monies owed for being terminated.

Huh? How do you figure? Current and former TTU players are coming out about 100-to-1 in favor of Leach...

The more I read and hear about Leach’s alleged abuse of James, I can’t help but wonder what Paul “Bear” Bryant would make of all this. After all, Leach’s alleged abuse comes nowhere the hell Bryant put his Texas A&M players through during training camp at Junction in 1954.

(never seemed to hurt Bryant's ability to recruit, though)

Link - Tech great Rivera laments allegations regarding Leach

According to emails received by CBSsports.com, Leach gave James a scholarship above the objections of his assistants. However, James was considered a bad influence by some teammates.

Eric Morris, who played the same position as James for two seasons, described the player like this: "Ever since the day he arrived on the Texas Tech campus you couldn't help but to feel a negative energy from him. He expected people to baby him and that he was going make it solely on the fact that his father was a very successful player."

Current receivers coach Lincoln Riley, James' position coach, claimed the player "undermined my authority on many occasions."

Link - Texas Tech players and coaches shed light on Leach and James

Leach will come out of this totally vindicated, a rich man, and with a HC position at a bigger program - if he doesn't opt instead for the OC or HC offers he's likely to get in the NFL.

You do when a judge says you were unjustly terminated and the school owes you the money, plus damages - which will be the ultimate outcome of all this.

Here's a place that might be able to help you...

Center for Literacy and Reading Instruction

SUNY Buffalo - (716) 645-2470

Really?? This will be the outcome?

Seems like just yesterday, you were certain it would go like this: "If Leach is done at TT, it will be his own choice - not something forced upon him by insecure AD Gerald Myer, whom Leach embarrassed last Spring in a highly public showdown over his contract extension, or by a spoiled, snot-nosed, 3rd string WR who happens to be a rich son of a former NFL player and current ESPN announcer.

Man, you are sinking faster than your dominatrix, Mike Leach!

I comprehend your bumbling ramblings completely. Keep them coming, it gets more entertaining by the minute!

What percentage of his settlement are you expecting for writing scores of whiny diatribes on his behalf?

p.s. :rolleyes::doh::lol:

Yep, you certainly called this glorious end to his TT career. :rolleyes:

Well, at least you concede that is was indeed a glorious run for Leach at TTU! :lol:

And you will marvel at The Senator's prescience when ML prevails in the certain ensuing legal entanglements. Myers and this unwitting, spoiled, rich punk have set TTU's program back decades. I would HATE to be Adam James right now.

Gotta admit, hough, I never expected this kind of pettiness and vindictiveness from Gerald Myers, and you will surely concede that no one could have expected a spoiled kid's cry's to daddy to derail Leach's career.

But you gotta focus on the future, KD. A door closes, a window opens. In fact, there's a few windows open right here in The BuffTown! :doh:

Well, at least you concede that is was indeed a glorious run for Leach at TTU! :doh:

And you will marvel at The Senator's prescience when ML prevails in the certain ensuing legal entanglements. Myers and this unwitting, spoiled, rich punk have set TTU's program back decades. I would HATE to be Adam James right now.

Gotta admit, hough, I never expected this kind of pettiness and vindictiveness from Gerald Myers, and you will surely concede that no one could have expected a spoiled kid's cry's to daddy to derail Leach's career.

But you gotta focus on the future, KD. A door closes, a window opens. In fact, there's a few windows open right here in The BuffTown! :rolleyes:

If Leach has a morals clause in his contract, there is no way that he wins in court. His actions have brought terrible publicity to the school, and that is cause to breach a contract and fire someone if the appropriate clause is present.

If Leach has a morals clause in his contract, there is no way that he wins in court. His actions have brought terrible publicity to the school, and that is cause to breach a contract and fire someone if the appropriate clause is present.

To which "actions" - specifically - are you referring? :rolleyes: