Bills claim Incognito

Richie Incognito-G-Bills Dec. 16 - 5:16 pm et

Bills claimed OL Richie Incognito off waivers from the Rams.

It's doubtful that a new home will cure Incognito's mental problems, but he's talented enough to take a flier on. When healthy, he was the Rams' best run-blocking interior lineman (as little as that's saying). The Bills will have the option of retaining him in 2010 with a restricted free agent tender.

Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

Related: Rams

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those looking for a silver lining: Has started every game he's played in and blocked for a 4,000-yard passer, 1,500-yard rusher and two 1,000-yard receivers (according to the bastion of human knowledge, Wikipedia).

For those glass-half-emtpyers: Voted one of the dirtiest players in the NFL by the players themselves, constantly fined, personal foul machine.

Adam Schefter reports on his Twitter that the Dolphins put in a claim, too, but we beat them out.

The Bills have been icognito all year.

No they haven't. :lol: They've been in Buffalo Jackass!! :lol:

Anyhoo, maybe he's bi-polar and they can get him on meds to even him out.

It's doubtful that a new home will cure Incognito's mental problems, but he's talented enough to take a flier on. When healthy, he was the Rams' best run-blocking interior lineman (as little as that's saying). The Bills will have the option of retaining him in 2010 with a restricted free agent tender.

Maybe they could threaten him with that to make him behave for the rest of the season?

maybe if they dump zoloft in his gatorade he'll be calm enough to be useful.

Before returning to the lineup, Incognito said if he were a gentlemanly lineman he'd probably be out of the NFL or perhaps playing for former Rams coach Jim Haslett in the United Football League. He didn't mind the "dirtiest player" recognition, noting that other players couldn't keep up with his "intensity level."

:lol:

For those looking for a silver lining: Has started every game he's played in and blocked for a 4,000-yard passer, 1,500-yard rusher and two 1,000-yard receivers (according to the bastion of human knowledge, Wikipedia).

For those glass-half-emtpyers: Voted one of the dirtiest players in the NFL by the players themselves, constantly fined, personal foul machine.

I think Flozell Adams is more dirty, but he could be the Bills new Conrad Dobler. :lol: I say play him Sunday against the DIRTY CHEATING PATS*. Maybe he could take out Wilfork's knee like Wilfork did to JP. :lol:

watched his snaps on NFL Replay in the first half of the game last week. He's a dominant blocker but he loses his mind when run blocking: goes after people, retaliates when things don't go his way after the whistle. I can see why a linebacker wouldn't like him. If he can learn to shut it off at the whistle he'll be golden.

Finally, someone other than Wood with some fire and passion for the game. Granted, he can take it too far and act just stupid, but he is pretty talented and worth giving a shot.

Could this also mean something about Levitre moving out to tackle? I was pretty impressed with him at LT this year when he just got thrown to the wolves in the middle of the game. Not any worse than any of our other "official" LT's...

I'm more dismayed by Kawika's grammar than this guy's insanity. At the very least, watching the rest of the season will give us something to look forward to...this guy flipping out and going off the wall. Kinda makes me wish Jauron was still around..

The fact that the Dolphins attempted to put a claim in for him tells me that Parcells thought highly of him to take a chance on him.

Sadly, this is how bad the fans' faith in the Bills front office has gotten. I thought something similar when I heard the Steelers and Pats both wanted Eric Wood.

Is he the second coming of Conrad Dobler? :lol:

Taking players with character issues seems to be our preferred course of action the past couple of years:

Marshawn Lynch (Hit and Run, Reefer and Gun)

James Hardy (Gun)

Ko Simpson (He's worth millions)

Donte Whitner (Tasered by police)

Corey MacIntyre (Wrongly accused, but still)

And now we sign the dirtiest player in the NFL?

There has to be a personal history there. Pro athletes are very careful in attacking other pros. I'm sure a lot of other defensive players probably have not so nice thigns to say about Incognito.

But along with the move for Brohm, it is a no brainer and could potentially be a great one. We need some more bad asses. Wood, Butler, and Incognito all have some bad ass in them.

Obviously the oline wasn't a strength going into the season, but you have to like the moves they made. Meredith has a ton of talent, Simmons is a former veteran for a Super Bowl team, and Incognito is an insane mofo.

I wonder if Levitre maybe shifted out to tackle?