Bills claim Incognito

There has to be a personal history there. Pro athletes are very careful in attacking other pros. I'm sure a lot of other defensive players probably have not so nice thigns to say about Incognito.

But along with the move for Brohm, it is a no brainer and could potentially be a great one. We need some more bad asses. Wood, Butler, and Incognito all have some bad ass in them.

Obviously the oline wasn't a strength going into the season, but you have to like the moves they made. Meredith has a ton of talent, Simmons is a former veteran for a Super Bowl team, and Incognito is an insane mofo.

I wonder if Levitre maybe shifted out to tackle?

I was thinking the same. Though I doubt it happens this week. I don't think they are as desperate this week as when they put Simmons in. I don't have much confidence (people dramatically changing their stripes just doesn't happen that often), but hopefully he can help.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They definitely had a 'thing'

Ka_Mitchell55: I said what I said bout iggy and it's over. Everything else will b handled n house. We've had our moments b4 when KC played SL. If (cont… (4 minutes ago from Twittelator)I said what I said bout iggy and it's over. Everything else will b handled n house. We've had our moments b4 when KC played SL. If (cont…

Ka_Mitchell55: …cont) Fitz is healthy that's all that matters. (4 minutes ago from Twittelator)

watched his snaps on NFL Replay in the first half of the game last week. He's a dominant blocker but he loses his mind when run blocking: goes after people, retaliates when things don't go his way after the whistle. I can see why a linebacker wouldn't like him. If he can learn to shut it off at the whistle he'll be golden.

There are always some players - child-like- that have buttons that are very easy to push. Some taunting chatter by a DL when everybody's in their stance- bingo - he's off . After his years, he's not going to learn anything.

I know it's too early, but if Levitre could bulk up a bit and be a legit LT, and we had a line of Levitre-Incognito-Hangartner-Wood-Butler........with Simmons, Merideth, and Scott for depth, thats not bad. Of course Wood needs to get healthy, but this could work.

There has to be a personal history there. Pro athletes are very careful in attacking other pros. I'm sure a lot of other defensive players probably have not so nice thigns to say about Incognito.

But along with the move for Brohm, it is a no brainer and could potentially be a great one. We need some more bad asses. Wood, Butler, and Incognito all have some bad ass in them.

Obviously the oline wasn't a strength going into the season, but you have to like the moves they made. Meredith has a ton of talent, Simmons is a former veteran for a Super Bowl team, and Incognito is an insane mofo.

I wonder if Levitre maybe shifted out to tackle?

They've brought in several interesting prospects, but they need to cash in on a few of them next season to make the moves worthwhile. I wonder if the Bills have enough internal leadership to handle a player like Incognito... interim coach and everything.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?playerId=8495

2009 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 64 | Tied for 64th best OG

Comment: He's an adequate athlete with good size and strength. He plays aggressive and will sell out to obtain results. As a run-blocker, he shows good initial quickness and pad level. He has some initial pop on contact and will bring his feet to create movement as an inline blocker. He is strong on combo blocks providing good mesh and leg drive at the point. He is inconsistent working off of combo blocks to secure in space. He struggles to adjust and gets overextended. He has limited body control in space. He reacts well to penetration and can slide laterally. He pushes defenders wide, creating big seams. When asked to make short pulls, he struggles to adjust in the hole. In pass protection, he lacks the foot quickness and will waist bend. He is quick to set and use a wide base. He can anchor with inline power, but is not real quick-footed to mirror. He will throw a physical punch, but gets overextended at times. He struggles versus quick change-of-direction rushers and tends to be beaten by good spin moves. He also lacks range and adjustment skills in space on screens.

Check it out, gang. From ESPN:

Richie Incognito

6'3" 324 lbs.

July 5, 1983

Nebraska

Comments: He's an adequate athlete with good size and strength. He plays aggressive and will sell out to obtain results. As a run-blocker, he shows good initial quickness and pad level. He has some initial pop on contact and will bring his feet to create movement as an inline blocker. He is strong on combo blocks providing good mesh and leg drive at the point. He is inconsistent working off of combo blocks to secure in space. He struggles to adjust and gets overextended. He has limited body control in space. He reacts well to penetration and can slide laterally. He pushes defenders wide, creating big seams. When asked to make short pulls, he struggles to adjust in the hole. In pass protection, he lacks the foot quickness and will waist bend. He is quick to set and use a wide base. He can anchor with inline power, but is not real quick-footed to mirror. He will throw a physical punch, but gets overextended at times. He struggles versus quick change-of-direction rushers and tends to be beaten by good spin moves. He also lacks range and adjustment skills in space on screens.

Grade: 64 (average starter)

Taking players with character issues seems to be our preferred course of action the past couple of years:

Marshawn Lynch (Hit and Run, Reefer and Gun)

James Hardy (Gun)

Ko Simpson (He's worth millions)

Donte Whitner (Tasered by police)

Corey MacIntyre (Wrongly accused, but still)

And now we sign the dirtiest player in the NFL?

So being falsely charge by the cops is a character issue? That's cold.

PTR

I know it's too early, but if Levitre could bulk up a bit and be a legit LT, and we had a line of Levitre-Incognito-Hangartner-Wood-Butler........with Simmons, Merideth, and Scott for depth, thats not bad. Of course Wood needs to get healthy, but this could work.

then, can we start trent

I'd like to see him beat the sh#t out of wilfork. whats a few more penalties on the o-line? we already have the most penalized line in the league...

You do realize there has been like one false start since Fewell took over? Reputations die slowly.

PTR