Bills claim Incognito

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking players with character issues seems to be our preferred course of action the past couple of years:

Marshawn Lynch (Hit and Run, Reefer and Gun) Taken before the issues.

James Hardy (Gun) Taken before the issues.

Ko Simpson (He's worth millions) Taken before the issues.

Donte Whitner (Tasered by police) Taken before the issues.

Corey MacIntyre (Wrongly accused, but still) Taken before the issues and an absolute reason why your post should have no further credibility.

And now we sign the dirtiest player in the NFL?

Corrected!

You're welcome, I know you wouldn't want facts to get in the way!

Longtime Ram fan here. Thought I'd drop by with some thoughts on Richie. And by the way, one of my best friends in the Army was from Buffalo, always liked the city and always liked the Bills. I'm not here to cause any trouble.

Richie goes way out of his way to be a good guy. Whether he actually is a good guy or not, who knows - no way to get inside a guys head and it doesn't matter anyway, this is football. Richie will say all the right things, visit kids in the hospital, go out of his way to be a good guy. Just saying maybe he means it, maybe he doesn't, but it doesn't really matter because it's what happens on the field that counts.

Incognito is a slightly above average run blocker, and a guy with less than average pass protection skills. You'll see him whiff and your QB will take some hard shots because the rusher comes straight in from the guard position. He simply isn't coordinated enough to pass block well. People say he plays with "passion." Most athletes play with passion - "passion" is an excuse fans give to Richie.

OK, here's the bad news. He'll kill drives. He may cost you a game. I've seen every game and every snap Incognito played as a Ram and I wanted this guy off the Rams two years ago. He's the epitome of a guy that helps your team lose. I'm eternally grateful the Rams cut him. I'd had enough and the Rams did too. To my knowledge there weren't any NFC teams claiming him. No one in the NFC is stupid enough to take him, they'd seen too much.

Richie was kicked out of Nebraska, Oregon and now the Rams. Hopefully not, but Buffalo probably next.

And by the way, he's not the Conrad Dobler type. He's the can't control behavior in the moment type. I wish the best for him, I assume some of his waking day is consumed with trying to figure out how not to react in those moments. I really do think and believe he's a good guy, but someone needs to work with him and try to figure out his anger management issues.

Good luck, I really do hope the Bills can turn him around and he becomes a great player for you guys.

Longtime Ram fan here.

Thanks for the post. I didn't know anything about the guy before today, but after reading and hearing what everyone is saying, this is pretty much exactly what I expected. You don't get kicked off a college team and go from starter to released in the NFL without serious issues.

My guess (or at least my sincere hope) is that the Bills have brought him in hopes he can figure out his problems and make the changes needed, but will have him on an extremely short leash. First sign of any of his old behaviors and he's gone.

As others have said, why the hell not give a try. Probably a 99% chance the guy does exactly what he did at his last few stops, but as long as he really is on a short leash, I think it's a good move.

Just got the chance to run through the last couple of Rams games. Have to say WOW about this guy. Granted I'm only looking at about 2 1/2 games, but he seems talented as hell. Saw him miss 1 block the whole time and saw him throwing people around quite a bit. He does seem slightly off his game when he's running in space, but even then he was making good blocks.

The problems:

The thing I saw most often was that he hits people from behind A LOT. It's like he just wants to keep blocking and hitting until the play is over, and just doesn't care how he does it. Seems like it would be an easy fix if he cared at all to do it. Apparently he doesn't.

I think the "anger issues" and overreacting stem from what I just said above. He hits hard and he hits until the whistle blows (through the whistle maybe, but from what I saw not too late), and it pisses people off. Add to to that blocking people from behind, and I think the other teams' players retaliate. Once they start pushing or even trash talking, he goes too far with it.

The last game, the head butt was flat out stupid and in response to the other player jawing at him after Incognito kept up his blocking throughout the play. It was good, physical, nasty blocking. If he could just ignore the trash talk, it would have been fine.

The second penalty should not have been on him. Once again he blocked until he heard the whistle. Once again he hit a Titan player hard late in the play....but it was legal. Another Titan got pissed about it and hit him (well after the play was over). They didn't show anything after that so I'm not sure what RC did in return, but it was in retaliation. Once again stupid, but he wasn't acting "crazy" and just randomly hitting people (kind of the sense I got from what I was hearing). At that point I think he got the penalty due to reputation more than anything.

As I said in an earlier post, if he has had these same problems since his college days it's doubtful he straightens up now. But man he looks extremely talented to me. Guess I'll hope for the best and expect the worst, as any good Bills fan will.

OK, here's the bad news. He'll kill drives. He may cost you a game

That's the problem I see. Our games are often so close just one dumb play or critical penalty can lose it for us. Still, we need the healthy body, and we'll be running the ball from here on in, so that suits his style. I'd love to see him open some big holes for L&J. Nothing to lose at this point. Next year? With a new coaching regime coming in all talk is mere speculation.

It's about time we start getting some nasty @$$ offensive linemen on this team.

Butler was a start, and Wood is the man, the Buffalo News mentioned that Levitre is laying people out, and now Incognito.

People have been clamoring for Runyan, and when Runyan was in his prime he was also known as one of the cheapest, dirtiest offensive linemen.

As long as he doesn't constantly take stupid false start penalties, and is not getting burned on unsportsmanlike calls, and he adds consistency and fire to this team, this may be an excellent pick-up. I'd love to finally have a mauling offensive line that gets into opponents heads.

And let's not forget that the other team racing to claim this guy is the Bill Parcells Dolphins.

I truly hope that this makes up for us losing out on Cameron Wake to the hated 'Fins.

Taking players with character issues seems to be our preferred course of action the past couple of years:

Marshawn Lynch (Hit and Run, Reefer and Gun)

James Hardy (Gun)

Ko Simpson (He's worth millions)

Donte Whitner (Tasered by police)

Corey MacIntyre (Wrongly accused, but still)

Totally unfiar of you to lump MacIntyre in there with those other cretins. The only thing he was guilty of was jogging while black. The perv they finally nabbed was nearly 100 pounds lighter than him.

For those looking for a silver lining: Has started every game he's played in and blocked for a 4,000-yard passer, 1,500-yard rusher and two 1,000-yard receivers (according to the bastion of human knowledge, Wikipedia).

For those glass-half-emtpyers: Voted one of the dirtiest players in the NFL by the players themselves, constantly fined, personal foul machine.

Great pick up. I'd rather have personal fouls than false starts and 10 yard sacks. We need some firey, nasty MF'er on our line.

Marshawn Lynch (Hit and Run, Reefer and Gun)

James Hardy (Gun)

Ko Simpson (He's worth millions)

Donte Whitner (Tasered by police)

Corey MacIntyre (Wrongly accused, but still)

hey... we can finally call ourselves blue collar football again, as opposed to those drama queens that started in the 90's

Thanks for the post. I didn't know anything about the guy before today, but after reading and hearing what everyone is saying, this is pretty much exactly what I expected. You don't get kicked off a college team and go from starter to released in the NFL without serious issues.

My guess (or at least my sincere hope) is that the Bills have brought him in hopes he can figure out his problems and make the changes needed, but will have him on an extremely short leash. First sign of any of his old behaviors and he's gone.

As others have said, why the hell not give a try. Probably a 99% chance the guy does exactly what he did at his last few stops, but as long as he really is on a short leash, I think it's a good move.

The only problem is... who's holding the leash? There's no one with the b***s to dump a player if he gets out of line right now. Brandon is preoccupied with planning how to sell enough game tickets next year. Ralph is secretly negotiating with Toronto to have more games played there. Fewell would be willing to play Jack the Ripper if it will enable him to make it through a game with five offensive linemen. T.O. doesn't care, as long as they throw several post patterns to him.

Besides, I like Klopfenstein's name better. The stein reminds me of German beer.