What kind of dog you got?

Stl Bills

I have a mutt. I've never had a non-shelter / rescue animal. They said she is an Australian Shepherd mix. She is a really weird looking dog:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4904/15...15118217048.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2595/69...18282170481.jpg

Her name is Wilma.

With those ears she looks like she might have some German Shepherd in her along with some JR terrier. Great looking pup. :worthy:

Avatar is a puppy picture of Annie, a 5 year old Bernese Mountain Dog. We also have Sadie, a 12 year old Cocker Spaniel. Last week we put a deposit on a golden retriever puppy from a future 2010 litter. Crazy dog people are we!

Save a mutt....

A pair of chihuahuas. One is really a Rat-huahua: half rat terrier-half chihuahua. He's about 13 lbs. Then we have the old lady we got from the SPCA two years ago. Age unkown (likely 12-14) Deaf, blind in one eye, devloping cataracts in the other, grade 4 heart murmer, arthritis, and wicked bad breath. She weighs 4 lbs. She's a complete mess but she is as happy as a dog can be. Kind of inspiring in a way too. With all that is wrong with her she still gets some joy out life doing the usual dog stuff.

POTR

I'm man enough to say it...I have a Yorkshire Terrier. Wasn't in love with the idea of a small dog at first like a couple on this board have said, but he turned out to be an awesome dog. Doesn't act like a "lapdog" what so ever. He's the man!

:worthy::worthy:

We had one of those when I was a kid...cool dog, but grooming is a B word.

Black lab/weimaraner mix. All black, very loyal dog with a great temperament. Very good around small children and other pets. Downside is that he sleeps more soundly than anyone in the house and if there is any food to be found, he will sniff it out and take it, Good dog though. I'm not a hunter, but Max would make an excellent bird dog.

Also an English Bulldog here...but not as lazy as I expected. Anything but...but he's a great dog.

My guy is great, not your typical either. Was an absolute terror when I 1st got him. He was 1 and not trained in the least. The POS that had him used to hit him and I had to break him from that. He looks mean as ever but is a big bear. Knock on wood we have had no health or hip problems.

Big baby.

One is really a Rat-huahua: half rat terrier-half chihuahua.

POTR

Hey we got one of those too,and she's mean as hell! The vet actually told us that if she was a bigger dog we would probly have to put her down. :worthy: My daughter calls it a taco terrier. We also have a Queensland heeler and a chocolate lab. I love Queenslands,they are great dogs.This is our third one,the first two lived to be 17 and 18 years old.

Rescued a 2 year old bichon frise/mutt mix from the shelter. He's ~21 pounds, so twice the size of a "real" bichon frise.

Here's his picture before we had him groomed (he looks tiny here, but he's really not - just the angle):

http://www.fezam.com/puppy.jpg

Now he doesn't look quite as much like a dust mop. :nana:

His previous owners had him pretty well trained - he knew a few basic obedience commands, and we've been working with him on improving it. He can do a 1-2 minute long "stay" command, even if we walk out of his sight. Very cool. :thumbsup: He's also usually good at "drop it" and "leave it," which is nice. :nana:

I'm not a huge dog fan (they're a lot of work...), but my wife loves him and I have to admit, he's pretty cool overall. Except when he barks because he wants attention. :P