Revis runs his mouth

WordByrd

“I don’t think we doubled him once,” the Jets player said. “Buffalo will make you hit a wall [in your career]. People thought Randy Moss hit a wall, too, didn’t they? How motivated is [Owens] to play in Buffalo? How excited is he about the offense? They just canned the no-huddle [stuff] because it wasn’t working. They’re not finding creative ways to get him the football, either.”

Asked if he thought Owens could still be a great player in the league, the Jets player replied, “I don’t know. But definitely not on that offense.”

link

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I don’t think we doubled him once,” the Jets player said. “Buffalo will make you hit a wall [in your career]. People thought Randy Moss hit a wall, too, didn’t they? How motivated is [Owens] to play in Buffalo? How excited is he about the offense? They just canned the no-huddle [stuff] because it wasn’t working. They’re not finding creative ways to get him the football, either.”

Asked if he thought Owens could still be a great player in the league, the Jets player replied, “I don’t know. But definitely not on that offense.”

link

Amen Revis. Somebody should buy a billboard and put this quote on there. Most of us feel the same way. He's my newest favorite non-Bill.

link

Gotta love the trash-talking after you get beat. Not that he's that far off base or anything, but the next logical question is, "So, you lost to a team that runs a pop-warner offense, what does that say about your play and the rest of the defense?" These ego-manical asses have to prop themselves up when they get embarassed instead of just taking it as a learning experience or something to build off of.

link

It's ironic that he says playing for Buffalo will make you hit the wall. News flash: playing for the Jets ain't much better. Looks like Revis is taking the lead of his head coach Rex Ryan and running his mouth. I guess he won't be kissing Billichek's superbowl rings either. But I agree, Buffalo is football purgatory. Play thru your rookie contract then get paid somewhere else.

Owens basically said the same thing in his Wednesday press conference. Asked if teams are defending him differently this season Owens said (and I'm paraphrasing here) "No same coverages I've seen in the past, but in the past our offenses were able to move me around and do some things to get me open and make plays but this is a different offense and we don't do that."

I think when it comes down to it our offensive coaching staff is just plain BAD. Not that I was a big fan of Schonert, but I think our offfense looked a hell of a lot better last year than it currently does this season. And one would think that the offense should've been better this season with the addition of Owens.

he is sort of correct.

But coming out with this makes him look like a class A Chump. They lost to the Bills, at home, in a huge game for the Jets. They did the same against Miami, then took some cheap shots through the media.

This culture of spouting off all sorts of BS that Rex Ryan has installed in New York isnt going to last long. This isnt how a mindset of a winner works. Rex Ryan's welcome in New York will be short lived, and especially so, when they have zero depth due to the lack of draft picks.

It's about time someone tells it how it is. All players when asked about other teams always point out the positives. How often do you hear a player during game week say to reporters "We know we a playing a weak team that has a bad offense we are going to go out and do what we do and come out of it with a win"

Even Rex Ryan talked up the Bills and said all the nice things.

Revis is right...but like a few others have said - it is funny to hear a guy piss and moan like this after a loss.

I will say this - I hate the Jets - (and the Miami Dolphins, LA Dodgers, LA Lakers, and NY Yankees) more than any other sports team....but Revis is one guy I would love to have on the Bills roster. The kid is a stud.