I'm a Yankees fan

Gotta Dream

Oh Please..... :lol::doh:

I love that the Yankee ownership re-invests the money into trying to assemble the best talent out there....unfortunately 'best talent' and 'most expensive' usually go hand in hand. Y'all sit here an B word that Ralph is too cheap to spend money to bring in 'quality' coaches and free agents, then you turn around and B word about the Yankees doing just that.....stale argument......spend money Ralph and try to 'buy' a super bowl ring!!!!

I agree totally. Ralph has made his millions. He's 90+ for crying out loud. Spend it all and buy a ring! Wouldn't you want one before you leave this earth? What's he waiting for? You're not taking it with ya! Love him or hate him, you have to respect George Steinbrenner. He has established his legacy by not making any bones about it....He's a winner and WILL NOT tolerate anything but the best.

Oh, by the way, I'm a Knicks fan too...and money doesn't even buy you the playoffs in the NBA. (they're as bad as the Bills with the way their management has screwed them up.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a Yanks fan ever since Don Mattingly, Willie Randolph, and Steve Sax were swinging the bats in the Bronx. I wish Donnie baseball would've played one more year and actually won a ring with the rest of the guys. I'm an all New York man when it comes to pro sports. The Bills, the Knicks, the Rangers, and the Yankees. My best friend and his family were all originally from Brooklyn. I spent alot of time with them, even more than my own family, so I ended up liking all New York teams because that's what I heard about growing up for the most part. The Yankees are my only hope until 2010 when the Knicks sign Lebron, Wade, Mello, or even two of the three forementioned. :doh: It will be a glorious day.

Loved Donnie baseball! George should have treated him better though. He was the captain for crying out loud. Now wearing Dodger blue.

With that payroll it's more of a shock when they don't win the World Series than when they do. When you spend three times what the average team spends how do you lose a single game, much less a championship? MLB and the Yankees are the exact opposite of what Bills fans should want. If those same standards apply to the NFL (I'm talking to you, Jones, Kraft and Snyder), the best the Bills could hope be would be the Montreal Expos of the NFL--a decent farm team for the big money teams who steal their players as soon as their rookie deals are up......

I'm an Indians fan but I might just quit. Baseball is such a freaking joke. The Indians had to get rid of back to back CY Young winners in back to back seasons. They also couldn't afford Manny who loved being there.

And how is fun rooting for the Yankees? You should win when you can out spent everyone. Let's try and buy all the best players and see if we win.

Baseball sucks and so do the Yankees. :doh:

I'm an Indians fan but I might just quit. Baseball is such a freaking joke. The Indians had to get rid of back to back CY Young winners in back to back seasons. They also couldn't afford Manny who loved being there.

And how is fun rooting for the Yankees? You should win when you can out spent everyone. Let's try and buy all the best players and see if we win.

Baseball sucks and so do the Yankees. :doh:

An Indians fan *and* a Bills fan -- talk about a double curse.

They might not win or even get into the World Series, but they try their hardest. The exact opposite of the Bills organization.
Now that the big-time loser Mike Mussina is finally gone and The Curse of the Moose is over, it looks like things are back to normal. :doh:

Baseball sucks and so do the Yankees. :w00t:

I've always loved football, but I don't have as easy a conscience following it as I do baseball (and the Yankees). Between the sheer number of thugs and the fact that many players are either dead or suffering from dementia by the time they hit 55 purely as a result of playing such a violent sport, it ain't easy for me to ignore the social wreckage the league creates. Baseball players last a lot longer -- a good thing -- and while there is always some roster churn, it's nothing compared to the NFL. A superstar RB is good for 7-8 years at the maximum; after that he'll have been traded, in steep decline, or out of the league because of injury.

As for the big market/small market stuff, whatever. The Rays had the best record last year, the Cards won it in 06, the Marlins won it in 03, the D-Backs won it in 01, and the Angels in 02. And the Tigers and White Sox (a smaller market team despite being from Chicago) have done well too. As for the Tribe, they've had their chances and have blown it. As for the Jays, there's no reason they shouldn't be a dominant big-market team (as they in fact were in the early 1990s), but they've had a bad GM (a gazillion for Vernon Wells, anyone?), and they made a poor choice with that characterless stadium. The Orioles did perfectly fine for a while in the big money era, but they're another horribly managed team. As for the Pirates, cry me a freaking river. That organization is the crappiest organization in sports, and the money is the least of it. Anyway, baseball is a great game.

I've always loved football, but I don't have as easy a conscience following it as I do baseball (and the Yankees). Between the sheer number of thugs and the fact that many players are either dead or suffering from dementia by the time they hit 55 purely as a result of playing such a violent sport, it ain't easy for me to ignore the social wreckage the league creates. Baseball players last a lot longer -- a good thing -- and while there is always some roster churn, it's nothing compared to the NFL. A superstar RB is good for 7-8 years at the maximum; after that he'll have been traded, in steep decline, or out of the league because of injury.

As for the big market/small market stuff, whatever. The Rays had the best record last year, the Cards won it in 06, the Marlins won it in 03, the D-Backs won it in 01, and the Angels in 02. And the Tigers and White Sox (a smaller market team despite being from Chicago) have done well too. As for the Tribe, they've had their chances and have blown it. As for the Jays, there's no reason they shouldn't be a dominant big-market team (as they in fact were in the early 1990s), but they've had a bad GM (a gazillion for Vernon Wells, anyone?), and they made a poor choice with that characterless stadium. The Orioles did perfectly fine for a while in the big money era, but they're another horribly managed team. As for the Pirates, cry me a freaking river. That organization is the crappiest organization in sports, and the money is the least of it. Anyway, baseball is a great game.

You kinda made my point for me. Of the teams you named as exceptions to the rule, how long did they maintain? The Rays had to bad for a really long team to get a bunch of talent. They have everything come together and this year, they have to get rid of one of their best pitchers, Kazmir, for financial reasons. I'm sure others will follow.

The Marlins and D backs had to break up their world series teams the year after and struggle to get awinnig team. The angels are in the 2nd biggest market and have one of the richest owners.

My whole point is that baseball doesn't reward teams for great scouting and a good front office. Because if they did, the Twins, Indians, and As would be dynasties. It is just who has the most money will win. Carl Pavano would cripple many teams if they did that deal. but the Yankees can do that all the team. I would beat almost any poster here could be a good GM for the Yankees? How hard is it to have an unlimited budget and sign the best players.

Don't get me wrong baseball is a great game. I played it for most of my life. But the major league system is truly flawed. You can make the expectations but when there are top players on the markets and only 4 teams have a chance to sign him, that's a problem. It's just not fun to root for certain teams because they will never have a chance.

You kinda made my point for me. Of the teams you named as exceptions to the rule, how long did they maintain? The Rays had to bad for a really long team to get a bunch of talent. They have everything come together and this year, they have to get rid of one of their best pitchers, Kazmir, for financial reasons. I'm sure others will follow.

The Marlins and D backs had to break up their world series teams the year after and struggle to get awinnig team. The angels are in the 2nd biggest market and have one of the richest owners.

My whole point is that baseball doesn't reward teams for great scouting and a good front office. Because if they did, the Twins, Indians, and As would be dynasties. It is just who has the most money will win. Carl Pavano would cripple many teams if they did that deal. but the Yankees can do that all the team. I would beat almost any poster here could be a good GM for the Yankees? How hard is it to have an unlimited budget and sign the best players.

Don't get me wrong baseball is a great game. I played it for most of my life. But the major league system is truly flawed. You can make the expectations but when there are top players on the markets and only 4 teams have a chance to sign him, that's a problem. It's just not fun to root for certain teams because they will never have a chance.

I can't speak for those teams you mentioned, other than the Marlins. Have you ever watched a Marlins game? They can't give away seats to a Marlin game. That's the reason why they can't keep their team together. Don't blame baseball or George S. I'd kill to have an owner like GS running the Bills.

Go Yanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They might not win or even get into the World Series, but they try their hardest. The exact opposite of the Bills organization.

I too am a Yankees fan...however, my "savior" THIS year will be the Boston Celtics.

They do not buy their championships, they have a coach who is passionate and actually coaches his guys...and they have likeable guys ALL OVER THE FLOOR...including one Kevin Garnett who really shows passion and it spreads throughout the locker room, especially to the younger guys on tha team.

Another Pirates AAA baseball bedouin like RaNdom and I? Welcome to the pit of pain, my friend. At least we have 1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, and 1979... :w00t:

79 was good. i really enjoyed listening to the pirates on the AM as a kid. when ed ott retired he moved to the town i grew up in and i got to meet him...i never dreamed we'd suck for the rest of my life. i don't even know who's on the team anymore.

You've got to be kidding me. When you have the payroll of a small country you damn well better win the championship every year.

Buying championships is boring.

So the Yankees are bad because they pay big salaries but Wilson sucks because he is cheap?