I'm a Yankees fan

Gotta Dream

I do not blame the Yankees, they are playing within the rules that have been laid out. I am a Mets fan, so naturally I can not stand the Yankees. The thing I do hate is fans like you that brush aside the fact that the Yankees have double/triple/quadruple the revenues of most teams which allow them to spend the money they do. It is tough for a team like the Pirates to spend money they simply do not have unless you like to see them go bankrupt.

I don't brush it aside...I just don't seethe over it like you all seem to do. They don't have double the revenue of their fiercest rival the Red Sox, and they don't have double the revenue of their NYC counterpart (which they have to battle for fandom) the Mets. You have to realize that from a business perspective they are doing what it takes to stay on top. If the Sox don't offer a gazillion for A-Rod (which he holds out for more $$ and the Yanks see it as a necessary move to bolster their team while keeping him off the Sox) then the Yanks dont spend an additional $27M a year. They don't do this in a vacuum. Other things are the cause of this...take the hater glasses off for a minute and check out the realities in this situation.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So. And alot of times this decade that has blown up in their face. Last time they won the WS was in 2000. Now, of course I am not saying they are not there every year, which they are... That is another story and I may agree more with you.

But, the WINNING the WS is what the Yankees judge as tantamount... Maybe others should... All else is failure.

Sports should be recreation and not that relevant in our society... Important yes. IMO, the NFL has changed all that to where our society puts these players at the ultimate pinnacle.

Don't we all agree that we wish Ralph had this mindset?? All the haters, you're all hypocrites!

Don't we all agree that we wish Ralph had this mindset?? All the haters, you're all hypocrites!

He does! He just can't operate in this kind of communist system. I think you would see a different Ralph is he was in NYC. He is a businessman and good won... Yes, he started out with daddy's success... But come on, in the past when he had good players, he tended to keep them and compensate them... Sure he squealed like a stuck pig, much like most husbands do when the wife goes out shopping or wants to remodel the perfectly fine house.

Be blesses BFLO, the common man has been outpriced in say the market here, Chicago...

I don't brush it aside...I just don't seethe over it like you all seem to do. They don't have double the revenue of their fiercest rival the Red Sox, and they don't have double the revenue of their NYC counterpart (which they have to battle for fandom) the Mets. You have to realize that from a business perspective they are doing what it takes to stay on top. If the Sox don't offer a gazillion for A-Rod (which he holds out for more $$ and the Yanks see it as a necessary move to bolster their team while keeping him off the Sox) then the Yanks dont spend an additional $27M a year. They don't do this in a vacuum. Other things are the cause of this...take the hater glasses off for a minute and check out the realities in this situation.

Bringing Aroid to the yankees has been a collassal failure up to this point. Now, do not get me wrong, he is dialed in right now but his tenure with the Yankees so far I would judge only slightly more successfull then Giambroid's tenure with theYankees.

Bringing Aroid to the yankees has been a collassal failure up to this point. Now, do not get me wrong, he is dialed in right now but his tenure with the Yankees so far I would judge only slightly more successfull then Giambroid's tenure with theYankees.

Aroid. Well, since there are over 100 people that have tested positive, without their names being released, and another 15 or so that have admitted to do so, I guess for the most part, the entire league is Roided out.

In regards to your statement of A rod being a collassal failure, ummm what?? I guess his MVP year didn't contribute to earning them a playoff spot. Grant it, he has been horrible in the offseason, but look what he is doing this year. This is beyond amazing.

5 HR's, RBI's in every single playoff game this year. He has been super clutch. This playoff performance that he has had so far is one of the best, if not the best of All Time.

So to call this a "collassal failure" is slightly more than a stretch. Hyperbole anyone?

True...no argument, but again, I think the mindset was to also keep him out of Boston and their short porch in left as much as it was to bring him in to help them.

Of course this also disproves that spending $$ "buys" championships. You still have to perform. Just because the Yanks spend $$ on players doesn't mean that the players are worth that much. As a Yankee fan, I HATE the big $$ that they spend, but in the world of business it makes sense for them.

Read between the lines on what even A-Roid has said to the media after the last game.

"I am liberated."

What do you think that means... Maybe that is why he is playing so well. Kind of destroys the argument that players will ALWAYS play better on performance enhanicing drugs.

I used to totally despise the guy until I got that little nugget...The guy has a conscience and some fundemental good core beliefs... Hate all you want, some times it doesn't take a lot of words to show it. Oritz is still a douchebag in my book. Until he proves he has a conscience, he wil always be a douche bag.

Hate on, I may still call him A-Roid... But the man is at peace with himeself and he is playing like it! :wallbash:

Aroid. Well, since there are over 100 people that have tested positive, without their names being released, and another 15 or so that have admitted to do so, I guess for the most part, the entire league is Roided out.

In regards to your statement of A rod being a collassal failure, ummm what?? I guess his MVP year didn't contribute to earning them a playoff spot. Grant it, he has been horrible in the offseason, but look what he is doing this year. This is beyond amazing.

5 HR's, RBI's in every single playoff game this year. He has been super clutch. This playoff performance that he has had so far is one of the best, if not the best of All Time.

So to call this a "collassal failure" is slightly more than a stretch. Hyperbole anyone?

Sorry, but your wrong. The Yankees are an organization that judges success of what you do in October & Arod has not produced. This year is different, but if by chance he sh*ts the bed in the WS & the Yankees lose, his critics are going to be louder then ever. Aroid was brought in to bring home numerous championships & the fact that they have not won one yet since he has been there with the money they are paying him, the move to date has to be viewed as a failure. Granted, the whole book has not been written on this story yet.

Read between the lines on what even A-Roid has said to the media after the last game.

"I am liberated."

What do you think that means... Maybe that is why he is playing so well. Kind of destroys the argument that players will ALWAYS play better on performance enhanicing drugs.

I used to totally despise the guy until I got that little nugget...The guy has a conscience and some fundemental good core beliefs... Hate all you want, some times it doesn't take a lot of words to show it. Oritz is still a douchebag in my book. Until he proves he has a conscience, he wil always be a douche bag.

Hate on, I may still call him A-Roid... But the man is at peace with himeself and he is playing like it! :wallbash:

I do not like Aroid, I think he is a phony, a liar & fraud & he disgraced the game. I respect a guy like Jeter a hell of alot more then that phony. He may never put up the numbers like Aroid has, but the guy played the game the right way & always does the right thing on & off the field.

Nick Swisher is the biggest pansy I have ever watched play the game of baseball. I want to punch him in the face and then watch him and Melky Cabrera do one of their cool handshakes as he helps "Swish" up. Those two clowns make me hate the Yankees even more than I have in the past.

Sorry, just got into this thread for the first time and had to get that out. :wallbash:

Nick Swisher is the biggest pansy I have ever watched play the game of baseball. I want to punch him in the face and then watch him and Melky Cabrera do one of their cool handshakes as he helps "Swish" up. Those two clowns make me hate the Yankees even more than I have in the past.

Sorry, just got into this thread for the first time and had to get that out. :lol:

Hate away...it helps fuel the fire! :lol::wallbash:

Well I'm not really sure it's coaching. It's luck and players playing beyond the ineptitude of coaching.

Our players for the most part are either not very good or hurt. I wish Roscoe Parrish was never even drafted. 6 interceptions in a game isn't a fluke.

Sorry, just got into this thread for the first time and had to get that out. :wallbash:

That makes me laugh to hear Sox fans say that, because he reminds me so much of the guys on the '03-'04 Sox- "gritty," high-OBP oriented, and fun-loving, with a hint of redneck. So lovable when they are on your team, and so hateable on another's.

After missing out on World Series tickets, I went to Stub Hub from the Yankees site & bought a ticket for game 1 of the World Series. If they don't get in, I'll get a refund. I'm going to drive down to Poughkeepsie & go down on the train.

So, all you Yankee haters, suck it! Go Yankees!

After missing out on World Series tickets, I went to Stub Hub from the Yankees site & bought a ticket for game 1 of the World Series. If they don't get in, I'll get a refund. I'm going to drive down to Poughkeepsie & go down on the train.

So, all you Yankee haters, suck it! Go Yankees!

Hear hear! The big question -- since the game was postponed, do they pitch CC tomorrow night??

Hear hear! The big question -- since the game was postponed, do they pitch CC tomorrow night??

No! They pitch Andy Pettitte and try to close the series out Sunday, with CC as an insurance policy for Monday and if they win Sunday, the opening game starter on Wednesday. I don't think they want to use CC Sunday & not have him available to start WS game 1.

No! They pitch Andy Pettitte and try to close the series out Sunday, with CC as an insurance policy for Monday and if they win Sunday, the opening game starter on Wednesday. I don't think they want to use CC Sunday & not have him available to start WS game 1.

Of course it's entirely possible that the Yankees will pull off the second biggest choke job in ALCS History and the Angels will be the team worrying about who to start in game 1 of the WS.

I'm just sayin'...

Of course it's entirely possible that the Yankees will pull off the second biggest choke job in ALCS History and the Angels will be the team worrying about who to start in game 1 of the WS.

I'm just sayin'...

It's possible. Depends on how roided-up the Angels are.

Considering that the Yankees have had more confirmed roided-up players than any other team... That's an odd excuse for Yankee's fans to trot out.

How many were with the team, much less juicing, when they last won a WS?