Gotta Dream

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL.. They try alright....

Spending millions and millions of dollars and still cant win ****

go cards

yup, you're right, Yankees have only won 4 WS championships in the last 13 years, That's only 31% of the time.

But hey, Why let the facts get in the way of your "hater" point.

Go Cards!!

maybe 2010 :w00t:

then complain about the rules, not the teams that are following the rules in place and doing what they need to do to put the 'best' players on the field....its all just jealousy....

baseball fans just want a level playing field.

and wilson sucks because he does not try to win ...and when he does try he is clueless.

then complain about the rules, not the teams that are following the rules in place and doing what they need to do to put the 'best' players on the field....its all just jealousy....

i stopped complaining long ago because MLB lost me as a fan. the yankees can win every single year and i couldn't care less because i am no longer a baseball fan. the way it's set up destroyed my interest. must be there are not enough others like me since nothing has changed. but whatever. go your team. whoever that is.

You've got to be kidding me. When you have the payroll of a small country you damn well better win the championship every year.

Buying championships is boring.

Yep. The Marlins of 2003 bought a title...the 2005 White Sox...the 2002 Angels...teams like the Rockies, Rays, and Astros all got to the World Series this decade.

Yep, 'buying' championships is boring :w00t:

And yet in cap leagues, the Lakers and Pats* win over and over again...interesting

An anti Yankee fan always holds that excuse in his/her pocket once the Yankees start winning.

If the Bills were that kind of franchise, you would love it, and if you deny it, you are LYING.

Another thing: Do not get me wrong, I am not overly thrilled by how the Yankees spend...but they are playing by the rules provided to them by their league...want a cap? Sure, no problem..I am all for it.

You want to know the difference between the Yankees and other teams?

They make more $, the other teams do not.

If Pittsburgh had 26 world titles, their own network, and $2000 dollar seats, they would spend the SAME exact way. End of story. There owners are no different them Steinbrenner. They just don't have the $ to do it.

Been a Yanks fan ever since Don Mattingly, Willie Randolph, and Steve Sax were swinging the bats in the Bronx. I wish Donnie baseball would've played one more year and actually won a ring with the rest of the guys. I'm an all New York man when it comes to pro sports. The Bills, the Knicks, the Rangers, and the Yankees. My best friend and his family were all originally from Brooklyn. I spent alot of time with them, even more than my own family, so I ended up liking all New York teams because that's what I heard about growing up for the most part. The Yankees are my only hope until 2010 when the Knicks sign Lebron, Wade, Mello, or even two of the three forementioned. :w00t: It will be a glorious day.

I paid my dues... Been a Yankee fan since Danny Cater, Horace Clark , Gene Michael and Jerry Kenny were the infield.

Oh Please..... :w00t::w00t:

Steroids notwithstanding as it is a league wide problem not a yankee problem....I love that the Yankee ownership re-invests the money into trying to assemble the best talent out there....unfortunately 'best talent' and 'most expensive' usually go hand in hand. Y'all sit here an B word that Ralph is too cheap to spend money to bring in 'quality' coaches and free agents, then you turn around and B word about the Yankees doing just that.....stale argument......spend money Ralph and try to 'buy' a super bowl ring!!!!

THANK YOU! I freaking hate the double standard. :w00t:

Been a Yanks fan ever since Don Mattingly, Willie Randolph, and Steve Sax were swinging the bats in the Bronx. I wish Donnie baseball would've played one more year and actually won a ring with the rest of the guys. I'm an all New York man when it comes to pro sports. The Bills, the Knicks, the Rangers, and the Yankees. My best friend and his family were all originally from Brooklyn. I spent alot of time with them, even more than my own family, so I ended up liking all New York teams because that's what I heard about growing up for the most part. The Yankees are my only hope until 2010 when the Knicks sign Lebron, Wade, Mello, or even two of the three forementioned. :w00t: It will be a glorious day.

I have been a Yankees fan about as long as I have been a Bills fan. I used to just start to pay attention after the all star break, and always watch the playoffs and World Series (whoever was in), so I have been steady.

I like having the YES network, and it seems like almost all that is on tube anyway is reruns or crap (or reruns OF crap). There are about two or three NEW regular shows I care about.

The Yankees have been a lot of fun to watch this year, I do not care how much they get paid, and I get in nobody's face. If everyone loved the Yankees or the Bills or... how boring would sports be?!

And another thing to this whole ridiculous notion that the Yankees buy championships (as if it were that simple):

A-Rod was acquired in a trade, after Boston got cold feet and backed out of a trade with Texas. So the Rangers went to the Yankees to get out from under the monster contract that TEXAS (not New York) gave Alex.

Swisher, Hairston, Marte and Gaudin were all acquired via trades in ho-hum deals that any team could have made.

Guzman and Molina were ho-hum free agent pickups.

Matsui could have been had by anyone. Damon signed with the Yankees after being low-balled by the Red Sox. Both players have been with the Yankees for a long period of time.

This offseason, AJ was signed to take over for a retiring Mike Mussina. Teixiera was signed to take over for a departing Abreu (bat, spot in the order) and Giambi (field). Clearly those were expensive upgrades but they were moves the Yankees had to make to improve their team. And obviously CC was an expensive addition. That's three high-priced free agents that the Yankees were able to throw their money at in order to secure them.

As for the rest of the current 25-man roster (Posado, Cano, Jeter, Melky, Pettitte, Rivera, Hughes, Joba, Gardner, Cervelli, Coke, Robertson, and Aceves), they are all original Yankees.

Do the Yankees have certain financial advantages? Absolutely. But it only seems to matter to Yankee haters when they win. Like someone said, it's an excuse people keep in their pocket to make themselves feel better.

I don't know if the Yankees will get to the World Series, or if they will win the World Series. But as someone who watches most games, I know this team (unlike many others in recent years) play the game the right way and the make up of this team is better than it has been in years.

Yankees have always been my team, and they are going! and it is really to bad that the business end of the game gets in the way for so many, i still love watching these guys play baseball....sure being a Yankee fan makes it easier, most years, to enjoy the game, but i really do love the game and the games within the game...but that's just me

i stopped complaining long ago because MLB lost me as a fan. the yankees can win every single year and i couldn't care less because i am no longer a baseball fan. the way it's set up destroyed my interest. must be there are not enough others like me since nothing has changed. but whatever. go your team. whoever that is.

And another thing to this whole ridiculous notion that the Yankees buy championships (as if it were that simple):

A-Rod was acquired in a trade, after Boston got cold feet and backed out of a trade with Texas. So the Rangers went to the Yankees to get out from under the monster contract that TEXAS (not New York) gave Alex.

Swisher, Hairston, Marte and Gaudin were all acquired via trades in ho-hum deals that any team could have made.

Matsui could have been had by anyone. Damon signed with the Yankees after being low-balled by the Red Sox. Both players have been with the Yankees for a long period of time.

This offseason, AJ was signed to take over for a retiring Mike Mussina. Teixiera was signed to take over for a departing Abreu (bat, spot in the order) and Giambi (field). Clearly those were expensive upgrades but they were moves the Yankees had to make to improve their team. And obviously CC was an expensive addition. That's three high-priced free agents that the Yankees were able to throw their money at in order to secure them.

As for the rest of the current 25-man roster (Posado, Cano, Jeter, Melky, Pettitte, Rivera, Hughes, Joba, Gardner, Cervelli, Coke, Robertson, and Aceves), they are all original Yankees.

Do the Yankees have certain financial advantages? Absolutely. But it only seems to matter to Yankee haters when they win. Like someone said, it's an excuse people keep in their pocket to make themselves feel better.

I don't know if the Yankees will get to the World Series, or if they will win the World Series. But as someone who watches most games, I know this team (unlike many others in recent years) play the game the right way and the make up of this team is better than it has been in years.

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/basebal....aspx?year=2009

6 of the top 25 players are Yankees. The next highest is 3. On top of that, there's this stat:

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/basebal....aspx?year=2009 The Yankees spent more than $50 million over the 2nd place team (another NY team). In the league championship series now, the teams playing are the 1st (NYY), 6th (LAA), 7th (Philly), and 9th (LAD). How is that a competitive league where everyone has a chance to win???

All I gotta say is I respect a million times more the fact that the Twins with a $65 payroll can make the playoffs than if the Yankees win it with the spending of some countries. I love baseball but MLB is a joke.

Excellent post, and a great way to shut up the haters.

One could argue that Matsui is an original Yankee. He hasn't worn any other uni in the eastern hemisphere.. :thumbsup:

One could argue that Matsui is an original Yankee. He hasn't worn any other uni in the eastern hemisphere.. :thumbsup:

Those homegrown guys would never be the core of a playoff team. Tex, A Roid, CC, and Damon put that team over the top.

Those homegrown guys would never be the core of a playoff team. Tex, A Roid, CC, and Damon put that team over the top.

And they were available to everyone. A couple Yankee castoffs from previous years -Giambi and Abreu- were major parts of their new teams reaching the playoffs this year. At significant savings from what New York paid for them.

One aspect not yet discussed; ask every boy who plays baseball in the world what team their biggest dream is to play for.

If they're fortunate enough to be good enough to make the majors, their first crack at FA will have their agent knocking down the doors in NY or Tampa (NY Team HQ). IMO, that the Yankees have the financial wherewithall to pay outlandishly for them, is a distant second to their biggest dream coming true.

What?!!!!?!?!

OK, let us just say that this "homegrown talent" theory of yours is viable... well then, let's see how it holds up with my team:

Aramis Ramirez: $16,650,000

Freddy Sanchez: $4,150,000

Jason Bay: $7,800,000

TOTAL: $28,600,000

THREE PLAYERS, all homegrown, all for what the Pirates payroll is now. If we decided to keep all of our homegrown talent, then we would require an amount FAR in excess of the highest payroll amount in the Pirates' history. They have been forced to trade away talent to teams like the Yankees because the bidding for their services FAR surpasses what the Pirates could afford to keep them.... PLEASE do not act as if your "homegrown talent" makes you blameless, because it is a FALLACY.

I'm an Indians fan but I might just quit. Baseball is such a freaking joke. The Indians had to get rid of back to back CY Young winners in back to back seasons. They also couldn't afford Manny who loved being there.

And how is fun rooting for the Yankees? You should win when you can out spent everyone. Let's try and buy all the best players and see if we win.

Baseball sucks and so do the Yankees. :thumbsup:

So blame the Yankees that your teams owner chose to pocket the money rather than spend it. Yes the Yankees way out spend everyone else, but they out earn everyone else, because they outspend them. They put a winning team out on the field year after year, and they send almost as much money to some of the other teams as the teams actually spend.

They have an earnings advantage with the NY market, but so do Mets and Dodgers. Boston could easily catch the Yankees in spending, since they have almost as big of a fan base, and also put a consistent product out on the field.

Basically Yankees have followed the principal of you have to spend money to make money. They have been following that principle for a long time, and while it doesn't always give you the best team, it keeps their fans interested and the money flowing in. Its good a business model for them, but isn't always the greatest for the rest of baseball. Would work better if more of the owner were willing to pay to keep their good players, to make overall league more balanced. Unfortunately some of the owners pocket as much as they pay out.

Would work better if there was a hard cap or way to regulate the game, but as long as they just have to pay revenue sharing to the league, cant blame the Yankees owners for doing whats best for their team, and income at same time.

What?!!!!?!?!

OK, let us just say that this "homegrown talent" theory of yours is viable... well then, let's see how it holds up with my team:

Aramis Ramirez: $16,650,000

Freddy Sanchez: $4,150,000

Jason Bay: $7,800,000

TOTAL: $28,600,000

THREE PLAYERS, all homegrown, all for what the Pirates payroll is now. If we decided to keep all of our homegrown talent, then we would require an amount FAR in excess of the highest payroll amount in the Pirates' history. They have been forced to trade away talent to teams like the Yankees because the bidding for their services FAR surpasses what the Pirates could afford to keep them.... PLEASE do not act as if your "homegrown talent" makes you blameless, because it is a FALLACY.

And how much money do the Pirate get from the Yankees and Red Sox alone. Enough to cover the payroll, and they would probably even have fans in the seats, since they would have a chance at winning allot more games.