How About Coach Kelly?

Section28

What would there be to lose? He gave a great analysis of the lack of leadership last week on wgr last Tuesday. Called out the receivers for failing to block, problems with the shotgun, etc.

When asked if his wife told him to play QB again - he said his wife and daughter kept telling him he needed to coach. He said the only reason he wouldn't was because he wanted to hunt. Is hunting season almost over yet?

If he turned out to be a good coach, he could choose to continue. If he didnt, then he would be interim. Would at least keep the rest of the year interesting.

What would there be to lose? He gave a great analysis of the lack of leadership last week on wgr last Tuesday. Called out the receivers for failing to block, problems with the shotgun, etc.

When asked if his wife told him to play QB again - he said his wife and daughter kept telling him he needed to coach. He said the only reason he wouldn't was because he wanted to hunt. Is hunting season almost over yet?

If he turned out to be a good coach, he could choose to continue. If he didnt, then he would be interim. Would at least keep the rest of the year interesting.

Hunting season (for big game at least) doesn't start til around Thanksgiving. Anyways, I would love for that to happen. But join me in a little walk back to reality...

lets name a guy who has never coached our interim HC...great idea :wallbash: and hunting season wont be over till december fwiw

Kelly himself has said many times over he has no interest in getting into coaching.

Thank you ... just as Marv did not bring back the glory years neither will Kelly. I'd say it would be more sane to try to have him come back as QB (note for those who do not get it .... that was not intended as a proposal).

Great idea, I mean it worked so well for Phoenix with Wayne Gretzky.

Please let this be the last Kelly (or fill in a name from the '90s SB teams) as coach post. It's a moronic thought.

it's a bad idea for a HC position right now.

but that said, i wouldn't mind some of the guys from past seasons as a position coach option when this awful mess gets blown up. Darryl Talley or Chris Spielman as LB coach? Tasker as a ST coach? Beebe as a WR coach? i wouldn't shrug those of as marketing gimmicks although they would have fan appeal. would love to see someone with some heart who seems to care.

but that said, i wouldn't mind some of the guys from past seasons as a position coach option when this awful mess gets blown up. Darryl Talley or Chris Spielman as LB coach? Tasker as a ST coach? Beebe as a WR coach? i wouldn't shrug those of as marketing gimmicks although they would have fan appeal. would love to see someone with some heart who seems to care.

:wallbash::cry::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Can we still get OJ for running backs coach? :wallbash:

lay the crack pipe down.

Slightly OT...BillsGuyInOrchardPark based on your avatar and as a big Texas fan, I am very worried about Colt coming to Buffalo & getting ruined if we don't change all our coaches first!

back on topic: we need a COACH not a guy that has played a lot of football. They are not equal.

Slightly OT...BillsGuyInOrchardPark based on your avatar and as a big Texas fan, I am very worried about Colt coming to Buffalo & getting ruined if we don't change all our coaches first!

back on topic: we need a COACH not a guy that has played a lot of football. They are not equal.

I mentioned this is another thread, but McCoy reminds me a lot of Drew Brees...meaning that he's NOT a Manning, Favre (in his prime) or Brady where you could stick him anywhere and he'd put up crazy numbers and wins.

He'll need to be protected, so upgrading the OT spots would be a FA priority...but very few college QBs I've ever seen has his level of accuracy and, more importantly, field leadership. The guy is a commander of the troops in every possible way.

:wallbash::cry::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

sure, bash your head all you want.

i'm not saying any of these guys are the answer to this colossal mess. Nor that kelly or marv are the answer at HC. Or that any of these guys even have interest in coming back.

Every single character typed on a fans' message board is uninformed (even all the laughable insider posts i've read the past few days), irrelevant and has no bearing on reality whatsoever.

So in my own irrelevant, uninformed, unrealistic mind, I would like to see personnel involved in the reshaping of this franchise who are people of a certain character and might actually give the appearance of caring about the franchise, rather than the walking dead wearing the headsets now.

Am I sayng reunite the 90s bills as the coaching staff and we'll turn it around? Hell no. But I think any fan would like to reconnect with the way the team was in years past, unrealistic as it is. With that in mind, I'm simply speculating with a "gee, wouldn't that be neat" context about what players, based on the way they played and understood the game, would be coaching material.

Lighten up, Francis.

Jim Haslet might be an option, but no way on the others...haven't we had enough marketing gimmicks?